[KERNEL][AOSP][4.2.2] 4Aces updated 6/04

Search This thread

CPA Poke

Oct 23, 2012
Tulsa, OK
Re: [KERNEL][WIP][4.2.2] 4Aces

kernel is awesome. for me, when I use ondemandx my phone constantly reboots. only fix is restore backup. flashing kernel again doesn't fix it. can't choose different gov as it reboots before I can get that far. other than that one gov no issues

Sent from my SGH-I717 using xda premium

This happened to me too...so naturally I just stay away from OndemandX :)

Although I don't know how the only fix was for you to restore from a backup...I just used Incredicontrol to change the governor.

troyolson92

Oct 22, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

it wouldn't stay booted ling enough for me to change gov. so now I just stay away from on-demand x.

what are you using for settings.

I'm using on-demand, SIO, 192-1500 no profiles

Intellectua1

May 8, 2012
Seattle, Wa.
Sir I Don't Know You..
But.. Raiderwill says * Thank You * your Kernel has surpassed all others in Smoothness of Operation and Batterylife..

Your Skill is Extra Ordinary.. :good:

I am running 3/28 with what I believe is an Outstanding ROM in JellyBam 7.0.0.. and we praise your Kernel for the i717 on their site.

Again Thank You for what you have given us. :cool:

Dare you mention JellyBam lol.. I use this Kernel also on JellyBam works awesome.. I'm still using the Feb. 25th Kernel, haven't been here in awhile so I didn't know there was a update.. Updating now..

CPA Poke

Oct 23, 2012
Tulsa, OK

it wouldn't stay booted ling enough for me to change gov. so now I just stay away from on-demand x.

what are you using for settings.

I'm using on-demand, SIO, 192-1500 no profiles

I typically use a battery-tweaked smartassv2 or Lulzactive, 394-1512...BUT if my phone starts acting up then I'll switch back to Interactive or Ondemand.

shayneflashindaily

Sep 15, 2012
Hendersonville NC

RooT -[]D[][]V[][]D- BeeR

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364754401543.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364754401543.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 312
  • uploadfromtaptalk1364754420707.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364754420707.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 306

CalcProgrammer1

Oct 8, 2007
Kansas City
How are you compiling this kernel and installer zip? I'm trying to build a kernel with some options for chroot Linux enabled, but can't get my kernel to work. What compiler are you using, and how are you packing the zip?

I'm trying to add devtmpfs and the DRI interfaces for KGSL in the .config, which should enable /dev to be populated correctly in an Ubuntu chroot environment. If this works, it may be possible to script an Android userspace shutdown and start Ubuntu with the Freedreno GPU driver into a working X server. I've built the Freedreno driver, just stuck at building a kernel that doesn't crash before it boots. I'm using the arm-linux-gnueabi- compiler from Ubuntu 13.04's repositories and my zImage comes out larger than 4.0MB (like 5.6MB or so).

Edit: Using your posted sources (as opposed to the CyanogenMod ones) my kernel is closer in size but still does not boot. I'm using unpackbootimg and mkbootimg with the initramfs extracted from your zip.

My build commands:

make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi- cyanogenmod_quincyatt_defconfig
make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi-

Last edited:

chris41g

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 10, 2009
How are you compiling this kernel and installer zip? I'm trying to build a kernel with some options for chroot Linux enabled, but can't get my kernel to work. What compiler are you using, and how are you packing the zip?

I'm trying to add devtmpfs and the DRI interfaces for KGSL in the .config, which should enable /dev to be populated correctly in an Ubuntu chroot environment. If this works, it may be possible to script an Android userspace shutdown and start Ubuntu with the Freedreno GPU driver into a working X server. I've built the Freedreno driver, just stuck at building a kernel that doesn't crash before it boots. I'm using the arm-linux-gnueabi- compiler from Ubuntu 13.04's repositories and my zImage comes out larger than 4.0MB (like 5.6MB or so).

Edit: Using your posted sources (as opposed to the CyanogenMod ones) my kernel is closer in size but still does not boot. I'm using unpackbootimg and mkbootimg with the initramfs extracted from your zip.

My build commands:

make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi- cyanogenmod_quincyatt_defconfig
make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi-

i build it by adding the source into the CM tree.. there are a few repos needed to build this kernel

ZacksBuilds

Dec 9, 2012

As stated in post before me everything he said .....also UNDERCLOCKING..........I don't over clock anymore

Can you pm me on how to under clock? I have no idea..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

As stated in post before me everything he said .....also UNDERCLOCKING..........I don't over clock anymore

Also do you mean underVOLT or underCLOCK

Can you pm me on how to under clock? I have no idea..

shayneflashindaily

Sep 15, 2012
Hendersonville NC

I havent messed around with undervolting cause it sea pretty confusing ... Under clocking is simple .. Just put or CPU settings down a bit ... I do it with profiles using setcpu for when screen is on and when screen is off . very simple and it helps a little with battery life
.. This phone does not need to be over clocked IMO.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364779699499.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364779699499.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 410

ZacksBuilds

Dec 9, 2012

I havent messed around with undervolting cause it sea pretty confusing ... Under clocking is simple .. Just put or CPU settings down a bit ... I do it with profiles using setcpu for when screen is on and when screen is off . very simple and it helps a little with battery life
.. This phone does not need to be over clocked IMO.

Going to buy setcpu then do profiles and do under volting just a tiny bit.

CalcProgrammer1

Oct 8, 2007
Kansas City
Figured out my problem, for some reason the unpackboot/mkbootimg scripts I was using didn't generate the right ramdisk location in the header. I tried everything, and figured out there was an issue when I unpacked your boot.img and repacked it using the extracted files. Binary diff showed the two files were different, which isn't right. I hex-edited the erroneous value on the boot.img I made with my kernel and it booted up just fine. Weird.

ZacksBuilds

Dec 9, 2012

Figured out my problem, for some reason the unpackboot/mkbootimg scripts I was using didn't generate the right ramdisk location in the header. I tried everything, and figured out there was an issue when I unpacked your boot.img and repacked it using the extracted files. Binary diff showed the two files were different, which isn't right. I hex-edited the erroneous value on the boot.img I made with my kernel and it booted up just fine. Weird.

Are you developing for our phone?:)

CalcProgrammer1

Oct 8, 2007
Kansas City
Are you developing for our phone?:)

I'm trying to get Ubuntu running on the i717. It has a similar CPU to the HP TouchPad which has a pretty much complete port including graphics acceleration using Rob Clark's Freedreno driver. I'm trying to use a chroot on the i717 after some people on other phones had some progress with it. The kernel has to have some extra config flags set to enable the GPU interface that Freedreno uses and to populate the device filesystem (/dev) within the chroot environment (a feature called devtmpfs).

CPA Poke

Oct 23, 2012
Tulsa, OK

I'm trying to get Ubuntu running on the i717. It has a similar CPU to the HP TouchPad which has a pretty much complete port including graphics acceleration using Rob Clark's Freedreno driver. I'm trying to use a chroot on the i717 after some people on other phones had some progress with it. The kernel has to have some extra config flags set to enable the GPU interface that Freedreno uses and to populate the device filesystem (/dev) within the chroot environment (a feature called devtmpfs).

I would drink your bathwater.

Reactions: shayneflashindaily

Top Liked Posts