[Q] LG p990 really hard brick

Search This thread

hellvis93

Jul 11, 2013
hello every body, im hellvis.
i know the androd scene and i've work with it.
im a happy user of the lg 2x but yesterday appned a strange fact.

i use a miui 2.7 and when i restar in recovery (i've installed cwm by rom manager)
my lg sow only the lg logo, and after 2-3 seconds the lg logo are 2 lg logo displaced one in front at other.
my lg DONT BOOT IN RECOVERY AND DONT GO ON NVFLASH MODE!

i've think the cwm is im my external mico sd card...(it's possible??)

i need a serius help. my lg is full bricked?

bitdomo

Nov 3, 2011
Göd

i use a miui 2.7 and when i restar in recovery (i've installed cwm by rom manager)
my lg sow only the lg logo, and after 2-3 seconds the lg logo are 2 lg logo displaced one in front at other.

Hi!

I didn't noticed that your phone doesn't go to nvflash mode. Try to press the two volume buttons really really hard. My volume buttons got really unsensitive after 2 years. So I am also strugling with my phone to get it to nvlfahs mode.

1. Go to this thread.
  2. Download AIO-TOOLKIT.
  3. Install AIO-TOOLKIT.
  4. Remove the battery from your phone
  5. Connect the USB cable to your phone while you are pressing volume up & down buttons.
  6. If you haven't installed APX drivers before, then windows will notice a new hardware and it will try to install the drivers for it, but it will fail.
  7. Start AIO-TOOLKIT.
  8. If you already have APX drivers installed skip this step. If you don't have the APX drivers installed, then press "I" (capital i), After that a window will apear. Just follow the instruction.
  9. In AIO-TOOLKIT at the Main menu press number 4.
  10. On the next screen you can decide between the new and old pt layout and bootloader. Keep in mind that whatever you choose you have to flash the correct rom for the correct bootloader+partition layout. So the new MIUI roms are only for the new bootloader and layout, old miuis like the 2.7 is for old bootloader. Here in the developement forum you can find CM10.1 roms which are made for new and old bootloaders, you just have to download the correct one to your actual bootloader. So press number 1 or number 2
  11. Whatever you choosed at the previous step, press number 1, unless you want to do dualboot (two type of andorid on your phone). If you want dualboot then press number 2 and follow the instructions on the screen.
  12. On the next screen you have to choose between 3 cwm version. If you selected the new bootloader I recommend to use cwm 6.0.2.5 or twrp 2.5.0.0. If you choosed oldbootloader I recommend you to use cwm 5.0.2.8 or twrp 2.5.0.0.
  13. On the next screen, after you choosed your custom recovery, type "ok" (without the " marks) and hit enter.
  14. Now the phone is going to be reparititonated and etc... so your phone will work again.
  15. After the flashing ended wait about 10-15 secs then unplug the usb cable.
  16. Reinsert your battery, then turn on your device. It should boot up into the selected custom recovery. If it does not boot up into recovery then turn off your phone and turn it on again while you are pressing and holding volume_down and power button.
  17. Enable usb mass storage in the cwm recovery then plug the usb cable back. Format the internal SDcard to FAT32 then copy the zip file of the selected rom you want to flash (like miui or cm)
  18. Flash your prefered rom
  19. Restart phone.
  20. Done

Last edited:
Reactions: hellvis93

hellvis93

Jul 11, 2013
Hi!

I didn't noticed that your phone doesn't go to nvflash mode. Try to press the two volume buttons really really hard. My volume buttons got really unsensitive after 2 years. So I am also strugling with my phone to get it to nvlfahs mode.

1. Go to this thread.
  2. Download AIO-TOOLKIT.
  3. Install AIO-TOOLKIT.
  5. Connect the USB cable to your phone while you are pressing volume up & down buttons.
  6. If you haven't installed APX drivers before, then windows will notice a new hardware and it will try to install the drivers for it, but it will fail.
  7. Start AIO-TOOLKIT.
  8. If you already have APX drivers installed skip this step. If you don't have the APX drivers installed, then press "I" (capital i), After that a window will apear. Just follow the instruction.
  10. On the next screen you can decide between the new and old pt layout and bootloader. Keep in mind that whatever you choose you have to flash the correct rom for the correct bootloader+partition layout. So the new MIUI roms are only for the new bootloader and layout, old miuis like the 2.7 is for old bootloader. Here in the developement forum you can find CM10.1 roms which are made for new and old bootloaders, you just have to download the correct one to your actual bootloader. So press number 1 or number 2
  11. Whatever you choosed at the previous step, press number 1, unless you want to do dualboot (two type of andorid on your phone). If you want dualboot then press number 2 and follow the instructions on the screen.
  12. On the next screen you have to choose between 3 cwm version. If you selected the new bootloader I recommend to use cwm 6.0.2.5 or twrp 2.5.0.0. If you choosed oldbootloader I recommend you to use cwm 5.0.2.8 or twrp 2.5.0.0.
  13. On the next screen, after you choosed your custom recovery, type "ok" (without the " marks) and hit enter.
  14. Now the phone is going to be reparititonated and etc... so your phone will work again.
  16. Reinsert your battery, then turn on your device. It should boot up into the selected custom recovery. If it does not boot up into recovery then turn off your phone and turn it on again while you are pressing and holding volume_down and power button.
  17. Enable usb mass storage in the cwm recovery then plug the usb cable back. Format the internal SDcard to FAT32 then copy the zip file of the selected rom you want to flash (like miui or cm)
  19. Restart phone.
  20. Done

my device dant want to go on APX mode.
when i plug on computer nothing appair *like magickcarp using splash*

Reactions: Jishnu Sur™

bitdomo

Nov 3, 2011
Göd
Do you remove the battery?

Try to enter s/w upgrade mode by press and hold volume down key and plug the usb cable. Then use smartflash to flash rom

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app

hellvis93

Jul 11, 2013
You have no drivers installed....Check the aiot and you will have the menu to install drivers...

If not installed..your pc will not recognize your device

@bitdomo
Great tutorial once again...thanks

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda premium

the driver are installed propery!! i know is as!

now my battery ar dead and i dont know how to start the phone, or how to unbrick thaht

bitdomo

Nov 3, 2011
Göd
I dont really know what drivers did installed succesfully, but you don't need battery to use smartflash or nvlfash. If you want to use smartflash without battery then first flash the .fls file and for the second attempt flash the .bin file.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi!

1. Go to this thread.
    2. Download AIO-TOOLKIT.
    3. Install AIO-TOOLKIT.
    7. Start AIO-TOOLKIT.
    19. Restart phone.
    20. Done
    Hi!

1. Go to this thread.
    2. Download AIO-TOOLKIT.
    3. Install AIO-TOOLKIT.
    7. Start AIO-TOOLKIT.
    19. Restart phone.
    20. Done

my device dant want to go on APX mode.
    when i plug on computer nothing appair *like magickcarp using splash*
    quote police!

You have no drivers installed....Check the aiot and you will have the menu to install drivers...

If not installed..your pc will not recognize your device

@bitdomo
    Great tutorial once again...thanks

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda premium