Post Reply Email Thread
31st January 2014, 12:51 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 252

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burginthorn

Under "News" XDA Developers should be the top listing instead of Android Central

Someone had to say it ...

Haha, I will do so in todays update.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Line.Dev For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Line.Dev Ad-Free

31st January 2014, 12:54 PM |#12  
Flag Golok
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Really love this app sir and already gave 5 star on play store.
31st January 2014, 12:55 PM |#13  
Flag Hanoi
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Looks awesome on both phones and tablets, really nice design. 5 stars
BTW, can you update the app icon, looks quite blurry on high res screen
31st January 2014, 12:57 PM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Berlin

More
Thank you guys, i tried to let the app look a bit like our loved Play Store.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Line.Dev For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Line.Dev Ad-Free
31st January 2014, 01:17 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
I have a suggestion, dunno if its easily executable or not but here is what I imagined:

I'm a flashaholic, because since I don't know how to program android, as much as I would love to learn, I like to give back to the community by bug reporting and helping early or newborn roms to grow, (I'm a volunteer guinea pig in other words).

With that in mind it'd be great if the app could have a Rom Development News section where teams like PA, Carbon, CM and etc could update people about new rom developments and releases.

I go through XDA jumping from thread to thread to get that kind of information when I have free time to test new roms or builds and its an extenuating task.
To have it all in one place would simply be AMAZING!!

Also to avoid excess information and clutter integrate a filtering system that filters your updates/RomNews by Phone(s) model (either automatically or manually) and the ability to select your Roms of interest from an list of available devs/teams! I saw a kind of similar feature on the ROM Toolbox app, but it is not updated at all (last time I checked).
I'll leave a pic bellow.

Just a suggestion, unfortunately I don't have the knowledge required or I'd go for it, it'd be my first app!

Nonetheless, loved your app, found it very very useful! Thank you for your hard work!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RubenLockheart For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RubenLockheart Ad-Free
31st January 2014, 01:21 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Berlin

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenLockheart

I have a suggestion, dunno if its easily executable or not but here is what I imagined:

I'm a flashaholic, because since I don't know how to program android, as much as I would love to learn, I like to give back to the community by bug reporting and helping early or newborn roms to grow, (I'm a volunteer guinea pig in other words).

With that in mind it'd be great if the app could have a Rom Development News section where teams like PA, Carbon, CM and etc could update people about new rom developments and releases.

I go through XDA jumping from thread to thread to get that kind of information when I have free time to test new roms or builds and its an extenuating task.
To have it all in one place would simply be AMAZING!!

Also to avoid excess information and clutter integrate a filtering system that filters your updates/RomNews by Phone(s) model (either automatically or manually) and the ability to select your Roms of interest from an list of available devs/teams! I saw a kind of similar feature on the ROM Toolbox app, but it is not updated at all (last time I checked).
I'll leave a pic bellow.

Just a suggestion, unfortunately I don't have the knowledge required or I'd go for it, it'd be my first app!

Nonetheless, loved your app, found it very very useful! Thank you for your hard work!

Hi, do you mean like a own news section for ROMS? Like reading the rss feeds of cyanogenmod, paranoid etc?
I think thats a great idea too!
The Following User Says Thank You to Line.Dev For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Line.Dev Ad-Free
31st January 2014, 01:42 PM |#17  
Flag Helsinki
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Fantastic app! However, is it (or could it be made to be) possible to see the sources in the feed items? As it stands, I can see the article titles, preview text, time/date stamps, preview image and comments count, but nothing about where the article actually originated. Otherwise, this is great!
31st January 2014, 02:21 PM |#18  
OP Senior Member
Flag Berlin

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwaverider

Fantastic app! However, is it (or could it be made to be) possible to see the sources in the feed items? As it stands, I can see the article titles, preview text, time/date stamps, preview image and comments count, but nothing about where the article actually originated. Otherwise, this is great!

I will try to inculde that in tomorrows update.
Till then you can see the Source by watching the article.

Todays update is built, I will updat the Thread soon!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Line.Dev For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Line.Dev Ad-Free
31st January 2014, 02:21 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Great work ...many thanks
31st January 2014, 02:37 PM |#20  
OP Senior Member
Flag Berlin

More
New Version 1.1.5 has been uploaded to the Play Store and is available in about 1-2 hours.
For those who cant waint, the Update is already attached in the first post of this Thread.
Changelog:

Quote:

Version 1.1.5 Build 16

- added Disqus comment system to all feeds (Scroll down in articles and tap 'View Comments')

- added XDA Developer TV to YouTube Tab

- moved XDA Developers Feed to the top

- fixed Bug: Google+ Button in Android Central Feed not working

- improved battery usage

- App now compatible with older Android devices (Android 2.2+)

- stability improvements for 7" and 10" Tablets

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Line.Dev For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Line.Dev Ad-Free
31st January 2014, 02:38 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Fantastic app! Beautiful design, nice features. 5 stars from me!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)