Good bye thread

Search This thread

laureanop

Aug 24, 2010
Los Angeles
With the release of the Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Rzr and other upcoming phones a lot of our members are gonna move on to different phones and forums and will be missed.
If you are one of this members and want to say good bye to the Fascinate community here's your thread. Also, whoever wants to talk about these new phones and how they compare to the Fascinate you can do so ( but please be respectful and considerate; a lot of us do not have the chance or means to upgrade to a new phone in the near future).
Lastly, feel free to talk about your experience with the SH 500 community

rmtobler

Sep 21, 2010
Went into verizon and played with both those phones. Color me unimpressed with both. I wouldn't get either of them for a penny if that meant being stuck with it for 2 years. Hopefully something worth a damn will eventually be released on verizon.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium

laureanop

Aug 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Went into verizon and played with both those phones. Color me unimpressed with both. I wouldn't get either of them for a penny if that meant being stuck with it for 2 years. Hopefully something worth a damn will eventually be released on verizon.

You can't possibly be serious. The gnex, razr and rezound are just by virtue of their hardware far superior to what's been released before.. ( although I was disappointed with the rezound). Not to mention ICS takes android to a new level; now ios looks definitely very small in android' s rear view mirror.

"the relentless pursuit of the perfect rom"

Reactions: jake

droidstyle

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 7, 2011
Fort Wayne
While I agree these new devices are far superior hardware wise, they sure as hell dont seem 300.00 worth better. Look at the display, the super amoled plus and hd's have a blueish hue to the screen. The regular super amoled has so much truer whites. I could see upgrading to a gnex for 100-150, but not 300. Ill hold off till its cheaper...

AuroEdge

Dec 17, 2010
While I agree these new devices are far superior hardware wise, they sure as hell dont seem 300.00 worth better. Look at the display, the super amoled plus and hd's have a blueish hue to the screen. The regular super amoled has so much truer whites. I could see upgrading to a gnex for 100-150, but not 300. Ill hold off till its cheaper...

I could justify $200 seeing as that's what my Fascinate cost. That has a lot to do with jt's ICS giving my handset an extended lifetime

skynet11

Oct 14, 2010
Rezound + Droid RAZR + locked bootloaders = FAIL!!!

Has anyone seen John Connor?

laureanop

Aug 24, 2010
Los Angeles

Absolutely. I'm waiting for the wire fly special. Not paying a penny over 150 for any phone

sageDieu

Oct 18, 2010
what if I never had a fascinate in the first place?

Sent from my ICS SCH-i500

rmtobler

Sep 21, 2010
You can't possibly be serious. The gnex, razr and rezound are just by virtue of their hardware far superior to what's been released before.. ( although I was disappointed with the rezound). Not to mention ICS takes android to a new level; now ios looks definitely very small in android' s rear view mirror.

Well ... the fascinate's hardware runs everything on the phone perfectly fine.... and physically looks better than any of the phones in the verizon store right now (f'ing ugly stuff).

I could only justify getting the nexus just for the development aspect, but I'm still enjoying what's going on with the fascinate. plus I think the fascinate looked better still.

Reactions: skynet11

laureanop

Aug 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Well ... the fascinate's hardware runs everything on the phone perfectly fine.... and physically looks better than any of the phones in the verizon store right now (f'ing ugly stuff).

I could only justify getting the nexus just for the development aspect, but I'm still enjoying what's going on with the fascinate. plus I think the fascinate looked better still.

I'll give you that one. The fascinate is a great looking phone and the only camera better than the TW camera is the one from the gnex.
But when it comes to phone performance TW leaves a lot to he desired.
I have the chance of getting an inc2 next week for a great price. I was playing with it yesterday and even bloated stock it puts our phone to shame.

sfd0124

Feb 25, 2011
I'm definitely jumping on the Nexus, but I'll wait a month. I'm sure the deals will start after Christmas. $150 is my max that I'll go for a phone. There's no reason to overpay.

M

mentose457

I'm definitely jumping on the Nexus, but I'll wait a month. I'm sure the deals will start after Christmas. $150 is my max that I'll go for a phone. There's no reason to overpay.

Im gonna get the nexus when its cheaper. I will never buy a non-nexus phone again. I am sick of TW and blur.

hesh.monster

Jan 11, 2010
Fort Dodge
Im switching to AT&T and importing a Xiaomi M1 from China...trololol

In all seriousness that device has sick specs though.

glenniosaurus

Jul 21, 2008
upgraded to iphone 4s, have another upgrade in june. Did not like how big and plastic the nexus was. Hopefully something will wow me by June.

nitsuj17

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
PA
Yeah. Chances are I won't be getting a TW phone again. BML is terrible

samsung has gone native ext4 for its sgs2 phones and im sure will stay the same going forward

performance wise, the sgs2 is still probably the best phone available (oem skin and os version aside)

i personally look forward the the first lte ics tw device to grace verizon and assuming a sense ics lte device doesnt drop first...then thats what i imagine myself getting in q1 or q2 (or whenever either drops)

til then ill stick with my inc2 and fascinate...i enjoy aosp on occasion but long term would be bored with just that

skynet11

Oct 14, 2010
i personally look forward the the first lte ics tw device to grace verizon and assuming a sense ics lte device doesnt drop first...then thats what i imagine myself getting in q1 or q2 (or whenever either drops)
SGS3, expected global launch March-April 2012.
Rumored specs: Super AMOLED Plus HD (no pentile), dual-core 1.8Ghz Exynos proc, and the ICS version of TouchWiz is expected to be much lighter on the OEM skin customizations.

Has anyone seen John Connor?

sageDieu

Oct 18, 2010
rumor has it that US Cellular is getting the gnex and tablets, in like Q1 2012. So you guys have me until that comes out and I can convince my parents to get the upgrade, at which time I'll probably give this phone to my sister.

Sent from my ICS SCH-i500

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We already have ics...who gives a **** about ota lulz!

Fascinate owners got jt1134, sbrissen, nitsuj17 and teamhacksung.
    Who cares about Samsung?

"the relentless pursuit of the perfect ROM "
    pointless threads like this were one of the things i hated most about the fascinate forum.

wont be missed....
    Well aren't you just a ray sunshine... What the **** you disappear for 6 months and you come back with that? Well if you get a galnex have fun there. About 85% of those threads are pointless :rolleyes: maybe even 95%. I had to stop reading that forum after 2~3 days due to blood pressure reasons. :p

good day.
    Flash AOKP 27 w/ Icy Glitch b5 and you might give the gnex to your father-in-law and take the fassy back lol...yes its that good! Being a little sarcastic there but ICS stepped this dated device up leaps and bounds!

Funny thing: in one of my desperate attempts to revive the fascinate I flashed aokp 27.I was surprised to see how well it worked including the camera and camcorder (even HD videos worked). It was literally a smaller version of my gnex ! Everyone with this phone SHOULD definetely try it, not to mention how simple the tw mtd conversion has become.

"the relentless pursuit of the perfect rom" now on the gnex

Got a galnex for $200 on launch day and not one issue to report (contrary to what you may read). The fascinate was a 15 month love and hate relationship. I'm very very very pleased with the galnex and glad I pulled the trigger.

good day.