[Q] My Desire HD is bricked, but I can get into bootloader. What can I do?

Search This thread

wex28

Feb 11, 2011
Here's what happened. Friends pc recognized my phone succesfully. But...

QpSaEkr.png

The format commands do not work. Only erase commands work, but it doesn't change anything,even if they are successfully applied.
:(

mickeyasamoah

Jan 11, 2013
Accra
Here's what happened. Friends pc recognized my phone succesfully. But...

QpSaEkr.png

The format commands do not work. Only erase commands work, but it doesn't change anything,even if they are successfully applied.
:(

Okay. I dont why its not accepting the commands. There could be only one explanation for this Damaged EMMC.
But before i go crushing your hopes, lets try flashing an engineers bootloader.
Download Eng- Hboot from Here.
Now dont rename the file to anything just keep the name as it is and place it on your SDCARD.
Now boot into Bootloader and let it update. If everything Goes well you should see ENG-HBOOT on the top of your bootloader.
From there try the commands again.
If they dont work, Try flashing the stock rom you downloaded yesterday(PD98IMG.zip) just to be sure that your device is really bricked.

Note: When the device is updating from bootloader, a bar appears on the upper right corner. It loads innitially with a green colour. And when flashing it shows up with a brownish red colour. Now when the brownish red colour appears and kind of moves fast to the end (that is the top) It means it didnt flash. If that happens during the flashing of the stock rom or Hboot, then am afraid its a Damaged EMMC.

wex28

Feb 11, 2011
Okay, I've tried all you said guys. Nothing works. The phone stays unchanged whatever I do.
At the stock rom flashing, the blown/red bar goes up within seconds. The whole update finishes in 2 minutes.
So it's pretty dead.

mickeyasamoah

Jan 11, 2013
Accra
Okay, I've tried all you said guys. Nothing works. The phone stays unchanged whatever I do.
At the stock rom flashing, the blown/red bar goes up within seconds. The whole update finishes in 2 minutes.
So it's pretty dead.

I guess so. I had this problem with my old DHD motherboard. It was Taiwan Made. I never had any problem with my first DHD(chinese made).
Is yours made in Taiwan? You can check the battery compartment if you dont know.

Anyway, you can buy a motherboard on ebay and replace it with yours. Or find someone who is selling his DHD because of its damaged screen and use his motherboard.
Thats what i did.
But unfortunately i got a Taiwan made again. Reason why i took it was it was too cheap:p

wex28

Feb 11, 2011
The end :D

Thank you both for your help and your time! :) You helped me figure it out it's 100% dead.

Have a great day!

EDIT: Yes, it's made in Taiwan

mickeyasamoah

Jan 11, 2013
Accra
Yw

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

What about opening portable devices? That is where my device was recognized. Try updating drivers there. I just had a brainstorm. Lol

Lol... An android device only shows up when the MTP is enabled instead of mass storage, or you enable diag and modem ports on your device. If not it doesnt appear.

Reactions: punkyboy906

evronetwork

Jan 19, 2012
North
You might brick your device with those tries :p

When you have an issue like this, 1st try to put a new original battery(if yours is older than 2yr), second try a new microsd card(or one that's good as new but not the one you're using currently in your phone)

If the phone acts weird again then you might have a H/W issue, you don't try things without knowing the condition of the battery or the microsd card.

P.S. Imagine if the microsd is about to die and you flash a rom and suddently dies ..the phone might survive now try the same with a radio flash and you'll have to pray :fingers-crossed:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ok..lol..sorry..that is odd..im runing the same os and it works for me..wierd

That is what we have been trying to tell you buddy....:silly::silly:
    Yw

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

What about opening portable devices? That is where my device was recognized. Try updating drivers there. I just had a brainstorm. Lol

Lol... An android device only shows up when the MTP is enabled instead of mass storage, or you enable diag and modem ports on your device. If not it doesnt appear.