i use FF

Should work for Firefox, too.
7th May 2013, 09:20 PM |#112  
Thanks Meter: 162

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UndeadSquirrel

Should work for Firefox, too.

i see. problem is, i don't think i use a bookmark for xda. i go to the xda forum via the thumbnail page. for example http://cdn-static.zdnet.com/i/story/...-tabs-zaw2.png which is basically a list of most viewed pages or something.

so, i'm not sure how to edit that, b/c i dont think it is technically a bookmark
16th May 2013, 10:43 AM |#113  
Thanks Meter: 3,883

More
This just started happeneing to me. It began after setting my theme preference to 2010 in the User CP. Previously i would just rely on the site cookies, which i exclude from cleaning, to remember the theme preference. I've got some testing to do to see if i can reverse the changes and fix the issue.
17th May 2013, 09:36 AM |#114  
Flag Notts
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Lightbulb
Hi,

I have been having log in problems for the last few weeks.
Tried changing password process (and plagued the "contact us" button as even the newly delivered password failed to work! and not that I got any response from them either...!). I was going off my head!

But then I tried loging in using IE (Firefox is my usual browser) and got straigt in! SO I thought it must be one of the add-on in firefox. Naa.. never that simple!

Then I came across this topic and I tried the two new 2013 themes. No difference. IE logged in using the XDA 2010 theme so tried that and the 2010 themes and they both worked in both firefox and waterfox.

My conclussion is that there is an additional character being presented in the password field because of an error in those themes (both the 2013 themes).

Just so people know, if you click the "remember me" box when logging in, this will pop a cookie on the browser and will allow your session to carry over (so long as you do not click log off) from browser restarts etc. and should keep you logged in..

Hope this helps someone...

Des. . .
17th November 2013, 10:20 AM |#115  
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter: 1,018

Donate to Me
More
i've been having a similar issue since weeks now; The Site works fine on the Pc, but if i use Chrome on my Note 3 or iPad, forumdisplay keeps refreshing after few seconds of loading, tho i am still logged in, to stop it from reloading, i press the Cancel (x) button immediately when it starts to refresh....one thing i noticed is that ?nocache=1&z=123124354346565 line is added after the URL on first refresh, the number after z is random
29th October 2015, 06:29 PM |#116  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Is there a way to disable the charging LED without buying the updater app?
7th February 2019, 09:47 AM |#117  
Thanks Meter: 118

More
Login issues...
Okay guys,

Since today morning, I am constantly presented with the attached screen every time I want to check XDA. This is the captcha nonsense that is refusing to go. Any solutions?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-2-7_9-51-50__01.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	161.8 KB
ID:	4701009  
14th April 2019, 09:29 AM |#118  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 160

More
When ever I have to login I have to change the XDA theme to 2015 at the bottom left corner of the page. But I like the 2010 theme from which I cannot login. Can't this be rectified by moderators?? Why do I have to change the theme everytime I login?? My user ID is ' iamsuperuser ' . Can someone help?
14th April 2019, 04:36 PM |#119  
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 6,613

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsuperuser

When ever I have to login I have to change the XDA theme.........

The option your changing is saved as a cookie in that specific browser but, the way to keep it as a specific user setting is as follows.

Be sure your logged in first and go to the following link...

https://forum.xda-developers.com/pro...do=editoptions

... Then scroll down to the last area under "Forum Skin" and select the default forum skin theme you want from the drop down menu. Then Select the "Save Changes" button at the very bottom.

You should be good to go from there...

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UNLESS asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my Enigma Machine {aenigma = Latin for "Riddle" AND Nickname for "My Ex-Wife"}.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free
26th June 2019, 09:07 AM |#120  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Always check " Remember me "
Then I have : https://forum.xda-developers.com/?nocache=0&nocache=1
and it works
18th May 2020, 02:27 AM |#121  
Flag Adelaide
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Can not log in only on one device Samsung T330 tablet using Stock v5.1.1 Android.
I have reset password, after receiving Email on new password
Tried it same message "Incorrect user and password"
On all my other devices I can login OK.
Tried several times on faulty login tablet, with new password and changed to my password. Still same and others OK.
Posted problem on other XDA Groups. No fix.
Need to contact XDA ADMIN,
By the way, using same tab and logging on via Chrome, or other Login OK. Just an issue with XDA APP downloaded and installed several times on T330. NO GO.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)