[dev]MagicCode---run a arm apk in mips device

Search This thread

fajoo24

Jan 7, 2012
Can anybody tell what difference does magiccode make? can anybody tell me any application that didn't work without magic code, name the application plz so that i can check.....

nizulko

Aug 5, 2009
Dear author, I have the tablet: Ainol Novo 7 Basic
Installed this firmware: ainol . com / update_novo7basic20120105.zip
I tried both APK-files (1.0 and 1.1) from the top threads, but none of them are not installed.
Please help!

vandread

Jan 21, 2007
Facebook tested and not working

FYI
Facebook 1.8.1 installed and working with MagicCode 1.1 on Ainol Novo7 Paladin with ICS 4.0.1.
YouTube 2.3.4 and Twitter 3.0.1 tested too and working.

Thanks a please continue improving Magic Code. :)

Last edited:

bazsoczi

Jun 5, 2010
Budapest
Superuser app and Magic Code

I have some problem with Magic Code under the latest 4.0.3 for Novo 7 Basic.
It works, but after flashing Superuser, it stoppes working ("Turning on/off fails"). Flashing CWM is OK, only superuser causes problems. Even if I allow superuser rights to everything, the problem remains. Any idea?
Thanks!

dannylkgb

Dec 20, 2009
Same problem as bazsoczi

My Novo 7 is runing 4.0.3 and after superuser it just died. Should I delete superuser? would that help?

this is the firmware you can find on the download links from tabletrepublic

Thx and keep up the magic work:) Excelent app

ybbad

Jan 18, 2012
B&N Nook and Paradise Island work

Big thanks! Novo 7 Basic ICS 4.01, I loaded magic, then used ES Explorer to copy the apk's from my GTab to the lan and then onto the Novo. Both installed and run happily.

evilurge

Apr 30, 2011
Well, thanks for the quick update fellas.
BUT unfortunately its still doesn't work well on Android 4.0.3
still saying "Magiccode on failed"

(I Have the NOVO7Basic with Superuser)

Thanks ahead.

funtomko

Jan 19, 2012
it doesn't work correctly on 4.0.3, e.g. ftp plugin in total commander doesn't work, but in 4.0.1 with magic code works and other apps don't work too

alleytom

Jan 19, 2012
:)have a try at our new codemagic v1.3

with both 3.2 4.01 4.03 support

First of all thanks for the great effort -- all we MIPS tablet owners owe you, and follow this with great interest.

We could all benefit from a few details on how to better use the application.

In the FAQ you say we should wait "a few minutes" after activating magiccode. Is there any indication of when it might be "ready"? indeed it seems it takes a while after activation.

Secondly, if I install an application with MC v1.1 active, and then update MC to v1.3, should I reinstall the application? I am asking because a few applications I had working on my Novo7 Basic 4.0.3 on MagicCode v1.1 have stopped working on v1.3 -- for example, Acrobat Reader. It jusgt quits abruptly now, whereas it worked perfectly before.

In general, it is not clear how upgrading the application affects those applications that were installed while a previoius version was active.

Goatshocker

Oct 23, 2010
This app is great.
Thanks to this I havnt thrown my n7b into the wall (yet, lol) :)
The update improved compability a great deal for me (running HC).
Most apps now actually install, compared to not installing at all. Unfortunely most crashes/blackscreens, but its progress!

And I am actually able to play Gangstar MV now! (one of the apps that didnt install at all with 1.1)

Keep up the excellent work :cool:

Now, if only I could get order and chaos working (that game looks like a lot of fun)

Last edited:
J

jaclc

Ainol NOVO7 Paladin keep or exchange

i have a Ainol NOVO7 Paladin on order before I found oout about app problem was going to send back to Hoong Kong in exchange for Ainol Elf differant processer more cash not sure which version of maggic code to use You devs are great

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a dev version of MagicCode

wiki
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Q :What is MagicCode?
    A: MagicCode is a software designed by "c0demag1c dev team"to make it possible to run a arm based nativec apk on a mips device.It change the .so in the apk to the mips mode directllllly so that users can run a arm-apk easily. Up to now,we have tried to run a lot of apps and both of them is working well now.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Q:Who designed the MagicCode?
    A:eek:f course.Us,the DEV team"c0demag1c"
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Q:Using the MagicCode,can all of the arm based app working?
    A:No,just as I said,it's still a dev version and there are still work we need to do to fix the MagicCode.So u can only run a few apks which they don't work before on ur mips device.Don't reply us about xxx apk can't work with MagicCode.We'll try to fix it but we can't promise it will be perfect.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Q:How can i install the magicCode?
    A:It's quite simple,we test our apk on Ainol Novo7 Basic and Knight with 3.2HoneyComb and 4.01 ICS Custom Rom.So,if u have the same device(or other device running the android 3.2 rom),u can install the apk as the other apk such as FaceBook,Twitter. And then,what u need to do is just open the apk and then trun on it,waiting for a few minutes and emjoy urself!.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Q: U want to join us?
    A: we have receive a few message like this,but to be honest it's just not the right time for more people join our dev team now,quite sorry but thx for understanding.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Q:Hi,shall v paid to u if v want to install this apk into our custom/offical rom?
    A:never mind,u can use it freely.MC is an software for free,we have our own donation providet.
    -----------------------------------------------------------

【changelog】

MagicCode_1.51_special modifying
    This version modify a bug about for "all MIPS-based SoCs". And I removed the v1.51_special.

v1.51_special released!
    This is a special version marked for "all MIPS-based SoCs".
    U can run it on some other MIPS platform, but there are some Android patches required in order to make it work.
    U can send a PM with your e-mail if you are interested.

v1.51 released!
    After a long time,we decided to release our newer 1.51 version of the magiccode.

Warning:
    If u want to use this version of magiccode,u must use the update.zip in the following website to update your device at first,or it will not work..

#more armv6 app support,such as the famous game"Where's My Water?".
    #increase the suitable rate of armv6 app from 50% to 65%(Ingentic‘s Date)
    #we will try to work out the armv7 suitable problems in the following days,It need us to rebuild the framework of the magiccode,so maybe a few days is needed,just wait for our good news.

v1.42released!
    We just get some ics source from Ingenic,it is quite good for us to finish better MC:)..

We just fix some bug and using it u can run pvz on ur mips device now!

Thanks for philips and Ingenic provide us the newer mips device and source code.As return,v open ur source to Ingenic BeiJing now!It is quite excited to find our app pre-installed into ingenic offical rom:)

We fix the support of skype and PvZ in this version..

Since something different between ainol's device and Philips's device..we just build two magiccode for them.

Warning: the v1.42 must be used with the n7k and philips's rom release yesterday.never try it with the old rom.

v1.3
    Good news,a new version of codemagic will release now!

1.with both 3.2(after n7b's 1217 rom)/4.0.1/4.0.3(test with the rom released in "imp3.net" last week) support,with this version of codemagic,it's no need for u to download v1.0 v1.1 any more.U can use the apk on both n7b and n7k
    2.fix the support of "Angry Bird",it's sure that almost each version of Angry Bird can be used on mips now!

v1.1
    thx for Tom provide us novo7 knight(n7p) ,with ur help,v have tested our CodeMagic ics version and it seems work well:)

1.the v1.1 tested with n7b ics reldased rom and n7p origanal rom(since we can't find any offical rom on ainovo.com)
    2.it can't be used on HC rom,if u need it,plz try the 1.0version and they r almost the same.

v1.0
    tested with ainol novo7 basic honeycomb 1217 rom
    the apk can not be used in ics of other version of hc now.
    released 1.42 version
    Hi,

If anyone is having problems activating Magic Code ("Magic Code ON failed") as I was having on ICS 4.0.3 on a Novo 7 Basic (Paladin should be the same), here is why. The installed busybox version is probably faulty, so I compiled it on my own. Here's the link, hope it'll be helpful for someone: http://www.mediafire.com/?2ryf21mikwnwewf

What you have to do to replace:
    Code:
    adb shell mount -o remount,rw /system
    adb shell mv /system/bin/busybox /system/bin/busybox.old
    adb push busybox /system/bin/
    adb shell chmod 755 /system/bin/busybox
    adb shell mount -o remount,ro /system

To restore the old one:
    Code:
    adb shell mount -o remount,rw /system
    adb shell rm /system/bin/busybox
    adb shell mv /system/bin/busybox.old /system/bin/busybox
    adb shell mount -o remount,ro /system

Good luck ;)
    im still unable to edit the build.prop in a way so the device can still boot up and arm apps apear on market. But that is a totally diferent matter.

So far its good, mame4droid run slow for some reason, but other emus are now working and run fine.
    If you can check why skype and netflix arent working, i think me and every basic user will be very gratefull.

BTW, i have a question, the .so libs are "translated" to mips in real time or they are "translated" when installed? if the second is the case, it shouldt be easier to do a program that transate the .so files in a apk offline in any desktop pc? with that you dont need to worry about android versions.