[ALL ICS / JELLYBEAN / KIT KAT] Related Topics / Questions / News

Search This thread

niko22225

Oct 31, 2011
Lets say I with 0 % dev knowledge would go crazy and flash a ROM from different phones edit random files i have no idea what they are for. What is the worst scenario that could possibly happen?

Sent from my LG-P920 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

rruleford

Feb 26, 2011
Lets say I with 0 % dev knowledge would go crazy and flash a ROM from different phones edit random files i have no idea what they are for. What is the worst scenario that could possibly happen?

And that lady's and gents is how you can turn your devices into pretty little paper weights.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk

And that lady's and gents is how you can turn your devices into pretty little paper weights.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk

Yes, it's risky, but then again there's the resurrection guide. No matter what you flash, you will always be able to boot to fastboot mode and restore things. That's why the P920 is UNBRICKABLE (yuppyyy!!!), unless of course you smash it with a hammer!

Sent from the 3rd dimension!

niko22225

Oct 31, 2011
What about the s/w mode? Will it stay ? I actually never tried using resurrection guide only drastics noob guide to xbsa rom.

What about the s/w mode? Will it stay ? I actually never tried using resurrection guide only drastics noob guide to xbsa rom.

That's what the resurrection guide does. It reinstalls (using fastboot mode) the unlocked ICS bootloader, which can then boot into S/W mode. The other part of the guide (flashing the bin file) is so that the partition table returns to normal European, in case it was damaged or altered in any way.
Still, porting a ROM requires a lot more than just flashing stuff from other phones. This will simply NOT work! Porting a ROM is a task which even experienced devs may find hard. So, yes you can resurrect your p920 if you brick it, but you will get in a lot of trouble and achieve nothing. The choice is yours though!

niko22225

Oct 31, 2011
That's what the resurrection guide does. It reinstalls (using fastboot mode) the unlocked ICS bootloader, which can then boot into S/W mode. The other part of the guide (flashing the bin file) is so that the partition table returns to normal European, in case it was damaged or altered in any way.
Still, porting a ROM requires a lot more than just flashing stuff from other phones. This will simply NOT work! Porting a ROM is a task which even experienced devs may find hard. So, yes you can resurrect your p920 if you brick it, but you will get in a lot of trouble and achieve nothing. The choice is yours though!

Yes but I have no dev teacher,so only chance for me is to watch tutorials and go crazy on my own. I didn't say I want to flash a stuff from other phones I just was talking about worst scenario and wondering if its fixable :p anyway thx for info

Last edited:

nasempire

Dec 23, 2013
thank you and good bye

I would like to thank the whole optimus 3d community. It helped me flash my first custom rom. When I messed up and bricked my phone, it helped me unbrick it again. What a relief that was?. But I have to move on. I am now using sgh t999. Thank you a lot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HELLO :D :D :D :D

2012_10_26_02_17_55.jpg
    Ok guys its official now..
    I booted ICS check back in 15 minutes ill post the video.
    Getting closer day by day..

I managed to get decompression and after reboot it doesnt bootloop..(and it gets recognised by windows.. ) :good:
    Thats all im gonna say for now.. ;)

No promises so dont get over excited.. and don't ask about how i did it.
    All i can say is that i believe we ae close enough but then again who knows. :/
    ICSXBSALL.jpg

WE ARE BACK