[HOW-TO]Root your VirginMobile(CDMA) One V

Search This thread
Dec 5, 2012
How to know if it got rooted ?

I am happy to present to you the guide to root your VirginMobile One V.

REQUIREMENTS
  • VM One V
  • Bootloader Unlocked (guide here)
  • Basic knowledge and good reading skills :p

So 2 VM One V users had problems rooting their phones and then it was proved that their software was different. So, I modified the kernel ramdisk to include the SuperSU files and other files to help root VM One V

I had to just add few lines of code and transfer a few file here and there.

INSTRUCTIONS:
  • UNLOCK YOUR BOOTLOADER
  • Download the zip file and extract it to your Desktop or something.
  • Put your phone into fastboot mode(Vol Down + Power and then with volume buttons scroll to fastboot and press power button)
  • If on Windows open ---windows.bat file
  • If on Mac open ---mac.sh
  • And If on Linux open ---linux.sh
  • Let it do it's thing
  • Scroll down with Volume buttons and Reboot
  • Your phone will now be rooted.
  • If you have problems with WiFi just reboot and it will be fixed

DOWNLOADS:
http://d-h.st/bg9

CREDITS:

Thanks for the info. I am new to android world. How do I know if the phone actually got unlocked ? Any quick way of knowing?

ugleee

Dec 7, 2012
I think I followed the very simple instructions perfectly, but when I double click the install_superboot_windows.bat cmd prompt comes up, the phone immediately reboots, but there is no SU icon anywhere and it does not appear that SU is installed. Also, my wifi doesn't work and gets thrown into a wifi loop where it scans, briefly connects (maybe, and if so for like a millisecond) and then disconnects...over and over. I had previously rooted and unlocked another Virgin Mobile HTC One V flashed it to page plus, works like a charm and the wifi was working fine (I had setup wifi before I unlocked or rooted actually). When this happened with this phone with the wifi problem, I suspected it might with my other one as well so I disconnected wifi and reconnected and sure enough, same problem.

Also, the other phone I was able to install MSL reader and it worked fine, so it is somewhat rooted. I just don't understand the wifi problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, these are gifts for my kids and I'd like them to work if possible lol :( Thanks.

** Disregard, I flashed back to stock rom and then unlocked, rooted, flashed PP again and it works fine now. Everything works fine. I'm stoked lol.

Last edited:

zeeshan19

Dec 14, 2012
hello i bought htc one v cdma usa virgin mobile and i want to run reliance cdma network on it how do i have to do it
i google it and found that i have to register meid esn on network
edit mcc,mnc,min,mdn
flash prl
but i dont know how to do it
any help would b appreciated

zeeshan19

Dec 14, 2012
I think I followed the very simple instructions perfectly, but when I double click the install_superboot_windows.bat cmd prompt comes up, the phone immediately reboots, but there is no SU icon anywhere and it does not appear that SU is installed. Also, my wifi doesn't work and gets thrown into a wifi loop where it scans, briefly connects (maybe, and if so for like a millisecond) and then disconnects...over and over. I had previously rooted and unlocked another Virgin Mobile HTC One V flashed it to page plus, works like a charm and the wifi was working fine (I had setup wifi before I unlocked or rooted actually). When this happened with this phone with the wifi problem, I suspected it might with my other one as well so I disconnected wifi and reconnected and sure enough, same problem.

Also, the other phone I was able to install MSL reader and it worked fine, so it is somewhat rooted. I just don't understand the wifi problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, these are gifts for my kids and I'd like them to work if possible lol :( Thanks.

** Disregard, I flashed back to stock rom and then unlocked, rooted, flashed PP again and it works fine now. Everything works fine. I'm stoked lol.

i had the same problem when doing the same procedure
so i first installed the cwm and then by using that i install super su from the option install zip from sd card and i got the super su icon
note:the cwm was touched so u hav to flip from top to bottom or bottom to top till it display back button enabled and then u can use the power button to select or else it will just display the symbol when u click the power button.

kunui2

Dec 18, 2012
registering MEID on reliance

Can any body tell me how to get reliance network registered after unlocking the handset?

Thanks dude for this post! Really helped me unlock my HTC ONE V (virgin CDMA) device through your method. I was successful in getting the MEID, MSN and the reliance number registered on this device. Well i am writing this cause now i have a strange problems, and i wish to share with you for your insight and help
1. The calls get cut within 2 Sec of dialing.
2. Even though i am able to send and receive SMS, the device still displays "virgin mobile" in the network operator field.
3. Under network type: it shows CDMA - 1xRTT. I guess this has to be 3G or at least 2G?

Kindly help me to get this fixed would appreciate any form of help.

Thanks
Partha

zmk76

Jul 23, 2009
A guy on Hofo helped me. You want his info?

Sent from my HTC One V using xda app-developers app

cyclops13

May 14, 2012
I got the fix. for guys who's calls get disconnected in sec's pls note its due to the AKey (authentication key). I used a tool called CDMA WORKSHOP (google to see how it works) and re- wrote this number to the default. Now my device perfect.

Sent from my HTC One V using xda app-developers app

Hey, this sounds good.

I got the Virgin HTC One V here in US and successfully flashed it to Page Plus (a Verizon MVNO). Very soon I would be coming to India and wish to use this phone with Reliance. Can you please share the steps on how to get this done?

vaibs4007

Jan 18, 2011
do it work

can i get this htc one v (version mobile)
for reliance
i mean can i unlock it and use reliance cdma ??

vaibs4007

Jan 18, 2011
how to do registration on reliance

Thanks dude for this post! Really helped me unlock my HTC ONE V (virgin CDMA) device through your method. I was successful in getting the MEID, MSN and the reliance number registered on this device. Well i am writing this cause now i have a strange problems, and i wish to share with you for your insight and help
1. The calls get cut within 2 Sec of dialing.
2. Even though i am able to send and receive SMS, the device still displays "virgin mobile" in the network operator field.
3. Under network type: it shows CDMA - 1xRTT. I guess this has to be 3G or at least 2G?

Kindly help me to get this fixed would appreciate any form of help.

Thanks
Partha

hey i want to know whats the procedure to register this device on reliance n/w and how can i know that my phone has unlocked?

vaibs4007

Jan 18, 2011
I believe it is now illegal to do this.

i went to reliance and they were ready to do but they told me that the mobile needs to be mapped to reliance and mobile manufacturer does this

i have unlocked the phone
and went i went to the shop he told me that the it requires programming .
i dont know what to do .
can any one help.

vaibs4007

Jan 18, 2011
reliance evdo settings

can you please tell me what to do to use reliance evdo on my device.
its been activated nv dump has been uploaded
but still not able to use evdo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am happy to present to you the guide to root your VirginMobile One V.

REQUIREMENTS
    • VM One V
    • Bootloader Unlocked (guide here)
    • Basic knowledge and good reading skills :p

So 2 VM One V users had problems rooting their phones and then it was proved that their software was different. So, I modified the kernel ramdisk to include the SuperSU files and other files to help root VM One V

I had to just add few lines of code and transfer a few file here and there.

INSTRUCTIONS:
    • UNLOCK YOUR BOOTLOADER
    • Download the zip file and extract it to your Desktop or something.
    • Put your phone into fastboot mode(Vol Down + Power and then with volume buttons scroll to fastboot and press power button)
    • If on Windows open ---windows.bat file
    • If on Mac open ---mac.sh
    • And If on Linux open ---linux.sh
    • Let it do it's thing
    • Scroll down with Volume buttons and Reboot
    • Your phone will now be rooted.
    • If you have problems with WiFi just reboot and it will be fixed

DOWNLOADS:
    http://d-h.st/bg9

CREDITS:
    Worked for me.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for feedback..

Sent from my HTC One V Running SuPrimo v4.1(28/6/12)
    are these files mirrored anywhere else?? it looks like dev-host is upgrading the servers where this file is.... according to their twitter it doesnt look like itll be done for a while...

OK....I'll see. ...

Sent from my One V
    Hey I tried your process no go for me. I unlocked my bootloader with no errors HBOOT says Unlocked at the top. S-on. I can fastboot flash a custom recovery. I even used yours .img file and flashed it but everytime I boot out of hboot and try to go into recovery. Instead of a custom recovery I get a white HTC screen with red lettering that says that this is used for development use only. I have rooted many phones and fixed gotten out of many jams on phones. This one has me at a loss. Any help would be appreciated.

I never said go to recovery...I said in fastboot do that....the instructions are very clear..

Sent from my HTC One V
    Anyone know how to flash to page plus and still get 3G and have working mms?

Finally got it full flashed with 3G and MMS, for $49 and using Verizon network it can't be beat.