[Q] Pros & Cons of bl version

Search This thread

Lord_Flaya

Jun 1, 2012
Tomelilla
I have bl4 on my Defy. Is there any pros as to upgrade to later version? I know that there's been debates about downgrading and such, but my question is if there is anything to gain by upgrading bl version. as to performance, stability or such?

thekguy

Nov 13, 2009
Mumbai
No gain for 2ndboot roms (ics>=), with the obvious exception of some problematic bl versions(the lower ones) which have issues booting up. But if your bl version allows you to boot 2ndboot roms, its effect ends there.

It's a different story for stock kernel based roms, because walter79 had posted a bl5 kernel which was known to be one of the better ones (unable to test myself because I have bl7)

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:
Reactions: Lord_Flaya

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No gain for 2ndboot roms (ics>=), with the obvious exception of some problematic bl versions(the lower ones) which have issues booting up. But if your bl version allows you to boot 2ndboot roms, its effect ends there.

It's a different story for stock kernel based roms, because walter79 had posted a bl5 kernel which was known to be one of the better ones (unable to test myself because I have bl7)

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk 4