The HTC Guide: Hermes - (04-07-08)

Search This thread

mrvanx

Retired Moderator
Aug 27, 2006
York
www.mrvanx.org
OnePlus 6
Hey people, since it seems to be getting quite popular heres the official thread for the Hermes upgrade guide ive written.
The guide has now moved to a new host so dont forget to update any links you use!!

The HTC Guide

Individual Hermes guides:

* Currently updating the guides so please check back

Please read the guide word for word and you should be successfull in carrying out the procedures described.
DO NOT pm me if you have already posted in this thread, i WILL NOT answer you if you do!
Enjoy ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: carlosserra

2007skc

Mar 12, 2007
MrVanX,

This is nice. Though I do not need it anymore, since I had to read the wiki and all the posts to get to where I am now, I am sure it will help reduce some of the noob questions.

I do not regret doing what I had to do, since I learned a lot during the process.

But thanks for taking the time to make this.

Newb-Tech-Realtor

Mar 2, 2007
Central Ohio, USA
Thank you for the guide, I really do appreciate it.

One question though after doing a search and checking the wiki.

I checked my bootloader and it is 1.10 Oli.

I was going to load the HardSPL v3 prior to upgraded to the 1.38 radio.

One of the choices of bootloader is NOT 1.10 Oli...does this mean I do not need to do the HardSPL? Or do I still need it?

Thanks in advance...and if I missed the thread I'm prepared to smack myself across the face 20 times in restitution.

:)

Jim

mrvanx

Retired Moderator
Aug 27, 2006
York
www.mrvanx.org
OnePlus 6
Thank you for the guide, I really do appreciate it.

One question though after doing a search and checking the wiki.

I checked my bootloader and it is 1.10 Oli.

I was going to load the HardSPL v3 prior to upgraded to the 1.38 radio.

One of the choices of bootloader is NOT 1.10 Oli...does this mean I do not need to do the HardSPL? Or do I still need it?

Thanks in advance...and if I missed the thread I'm prepared to smack myself across the face 20 times in restitution.

:)

Jim

You will notice in "how to upgrade HardSPL v3" the guide says "if your version is 1.10.oli or 1.11.oli select the BLUE OPTION". When you run the HardSPL v3 installer you select the force sspl option. OK?? (i changed the wording of the guide)

Last edited:

ach2

Feb 7, 2007
Hotels everywhere
What a great guide - would have saved me endless trouble when I started upgrading (including my brick - repaired courtesy of Vodafone:) ) - but then again I've also learned loads the harder way.

Can you just write a guide on Un-Bricking, Cooking Roms, Installing apps, Creating Cabs, Searching, Reading the Wiki etc, etc :D :D (Hmmm, now there's a project)

Only kidding, but maybe if we can link this guide and the Unbricking thread to be the first thing a new member sees when they sign up as a member to the forums we may see less 'help I'm a ****wit' threads:rolleyes:

michaelfoo

Mar 2, 2007
Excellent guide!

Just wondering, will you be creating a "downgrade guide" for those who wish to revert everything back to their original state (OS ROM, Radio ROM & bootloader) for warranty purposes?

Thanks!

simon1219

Dec 4, 2006
Excellent guide!

Just wondering, will you be creating a "downgrade guide" for those who wish to revert everything back to their original state (OS ROM, Radio ROM & bootloader) for warranty purposes?

Thanks!

Yes, pls create a "downgrade guide" for us newbie in case we need to send in our device that is under warranty.

TwoPlus1

Mar 25, 2007
Kingston upon Thames
Sorry Radio link seems broken too.

Hi, sorry to be a pain but I'm following your advise and going through the guide step by step and can't download the radio.

BTW: The SPL worked a treat, I'm planning on trying the LVMS flavour.

gregouille

May 29, 2006
Paris
Hi
I'm quite a noob, so I apologize if i ask for something already mentionned.
I'm on SPL1.09 after install of LVSW 03/20.

I want to install HardSPL v4.
- This means only the bootloader files of the rom will be modified. Am I right ?

I need to check the yellow line.
But do I need to check "Is it hardSPL" ? What is this for ?

Then, as I understand, if i install a new ROM with radio, it'll modify the SPL again ?

Thanx

Greg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey people, since it seems to be getting quite popular heres the official thread for the Hermes upgrade guide ive written.
    The guide has now moved to a new host so dont forget to update any links you use!!

The HTC Guide

Individual Hermes guides:

* Currently updating the guides so please check back

Please read the guide word for word and you should be successfull in carrying out the procedures described.
    DO NOT pm me if you have already posted in this thread, i WILL NOT answer you if you do!
    Enjoy ;)