IF YOU DID NOT RESTORE YOUR PHONE AND FOLLOW EACH STEP EXACTLY HOW I LISTED BELOW THEN DO NOT SAY THIS DOESN'T WORK FOR YOU.
Step 1. Follow @evilpotatoman 's guide below to restore your phone to MJ5 FIRST
1) Download and install Heimdall from here for windows. You'll need this and this to avoid missing .dll file errors
2) Download the following files:
3) Download and install the MJ5 partitions. Use Odin to flash these files (match the file names with the different upload slots)
4) Now is the time to use Heimdall.
Reboot into Download Mode once Odin finishes.
Install the vcredist packages downloaded from step 1.
unzip the heimdall .zip file to c:/
go to c:/Heimdall Suite/Drivers and click on zadig.exe
click the middle menu button to select "Show All Devices"
from the dropdown, select MSM8960
click the "install driver" button.
you should see a success message
5) Navigate on your computer to c:/Heimdall Suite/ and open heimdall-frontend.exe.
IMPORTANT -- Go to the Utilities tab and click the "Detect" button
Go to the Flash tab on Heimdall, click Browse and select the HLTE_USA_ATT_32G.pit file downloaded from step 3
Click the 'add' button, then next to 'partition name' select system from the dropdown.
click the Browse button underneath the dropdown, and select the MI9_fix.img.ext4 image you downloaded from step 2.
6) Click Start. ***I usually check the 'No Reboot' box to prepare for booting into recovery
7) Heimdall and your Note will report a bad flash at around 95% -- but don't worry -- your system.img got uploaded Reboot directly into recovery mode.
8) Once in recovery, select "Choose update from external" in the recovery, and select the sec_csc.zip you downloaded earlier (did you remember to put that file on your external SD card?). This will install the CSC files and run the preload checkin so you don't FC all over the place
9) IMPORTANT--After flashing the sec_csc, the Note will reboot.
Try to catch it in time to reboot BACK into recovery
Once in recovery, select "Choose update from external" in the recovery, and select the 2400258.zip you downloaded earlier.
END OF MJ5 RESTORE GUIDE - CONTINUE BELOW
Step 2. YOU ARE NOW ON MJ5 BE SURE TO DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL THE NB4 OTA UPDATE BEFORE CONTINUING!!!
Step 3. When you're finished the restore guide to MJ5 and updated to NB4 then delete any other files used from the restore guide so you don't mix them up and download the following 2 files:
Step 5. Once both files in the Miata_KK_Fix_1.0.zip are extracted and copied to both your phone and the sd card... then reboot the phone.
VERY IMPORTANT TO REBOOT NOW
Step 6. Pick one of the follow options...
(Option A) - Wipes phone - I recommend this method
1. Rename 2400258.zip to update.zip and copy to EXTERNAL STORAGE (aka sd card)If you made it this far and it fails or gives you an error then you did something wrong. Start from step 1 restoring your phone to MJ5
UNPLUG USB CABLE BEFORE CONTINUING
2. Reboot into RECOVERY MODE (volume up + home) and select "Apply Update from external storage" and select your update.zip
3. It should start the update process and finish successfully! Enjoy!
(Option B) - Doesn't wipe phone
1. You are going to need an ADB Side loader and it can be found here.If you made it this far and it fails or gives you an error then you did something wrong. Start from step 1 restoring your phone to MJ5
2. Extract to directory C:\Mini-SDK
3. Rename 2400258.zip to update. (DO NOT NAME UPDATE.ZIP, JUST "update".)
4. Place "UPDATE" into the same folder as your ADB C:\Mini-SDK
5. Hold shift and right click in the folder to "Open command window here"
6. Reboot your phone into RECOVERY MODE (volume up + home)
7. Select "Apply update from ADB"
8. Plug phone into usb on PC
9. In your command window type "adb sideload update" without quotes and enjoy!
(Option C) - Untested
1. Settings, General, About, Software Update, Check for updates...If you made it this far and it fails or gives you an error then you did something wrong. Start from step 1 restoring your phone to MJ5
2. Download and install update