By Cyb3rGlitch, Senior Member on 19th October 2012, 11:58 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th October 2013, 05:04 AM |#991  
Flag Kariong
Thanks Meter: 292

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by testrider

I just moved from a Galaxy S2 to a Note 2. I bought the paid version. It worked beautifully on the GS2,
but doesn't work well at all on my Note 2.

- The light wouldn't adjust when light changes. sometimes it did and most of the time it did not
- most of time it changed very slowly and I tried to change the up and down delay but it didn't improve much.
- I tried to create new links for the profile I was in, but it never worked well

- I really ran out of things to try. Could anybody who got theirs work on a Note 2 tell me what your settings are?

I've got the international version, N7100, and lux is working pretty well. It's been a while since I've installed it and set up from scratch as I usually just restore settings using TB, but from memory I have changed very little after the initial setup. I do have it set up to adjust dynamically and to use the auto profile though.

Are you using a custom rom, or the stock samsung one? I'm using a samsung based custom rom (Alliance v4 to be precise). Maybe that makes a difference? Dunno....

18th October 2013, 09:30 AM |#992  
Thanks Meter: 1,246

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcox1124

I tried using Tasker to kill Lux when in car mode, but Lux just turns back on a couple seconds later. I tried checking "root", too. I'm admittedly a noob with Tasker so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

The initial request was:
Quote:

Is there anyway to add a feature in the Lux to automatically disable (like Sleep list) when the phone goes in to Car Mode?

It's not about killing Lux with Tasker. It's about using the Lux plugin in Tasker.
This plugin appears automatically in Tasker when Lux is installed.

Create a profile in Tasker which triggers when your car mode app is launched (you can find other ways, I don't use CarMode, I don't know if Tasker is able to detect it first hand, but there is surely a way).
In the action which is created, add: "Plugin/Lux Plug-in/"... in front of "configuration" or "setting" click the button "Edit".
And then select what you need. According to the initial request, that would be first choice OFF.

Does that help?
The Following User Says Thank You to Looki75 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Looki75 Ad-Free
18th October 2013, 02:48 PM |#993  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looki75

The initial request was:

It's not about killing Lux with Tasker. It's about using the Lux plugin in Tasker.
This plugin appears automatically in Tasker when Lux is installed.

Create a profile in Tasker which triggers when your car mode app is launched (you can find other ways, I don't use CarMode, I don't know if Tasker is able to detect it first hand, but there is surely a way).
In the action which is created, add: "Plugin/Lux Plug-in/"... in front of "configuration" or "setting" click the button "Edit".
And then select what you need. According to the initial request, that would be first choice OFF.

Does that help?

Great! Thank you. Set it up and tested the action. Seems like it worked.

Tasker does recognize "car dock" as a state, so it was quite simple when associated with the plug-in. Not sure how I missed the Lux plug-in.

Thank you very much!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
18th October 2013, 03:50 PM |#994  
Thanks Meter: 1,246

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcox1124

Great! Thank you. Set it up and tested the action. Seems like it worked.

Tasker does recognize "car dock" as a state, so it was quite simple when associated with the plug-in. Not sure how I missed the Lux plug-in.

Thank you very much!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

You're welcome!
One thing I forgot: add an "exit" task that will re-activate LUX when the car dock state ends.
18th October 2013, 11:48 PM |#995  
Flag South Australia
Thanks Meter: 932

More
Can anyone suggest the best lux settings to use with the new nexus 7. I purchased it for my son and would like to set some recommended values for him Thanks in advance!
19th October 2013, 12:26 AM |#996  
Flag Los Angeles Area
Thanks Meter: 164

More
So with a new ROM... the Light sensor now reads -1 in the Lux Debug menu when it's completely dark... but the reading from Lux is always 6 and never goes down to 0. what do I need to do to make for the compensation?
19th October 2013, 12:46 AM |#997  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weetbix

I've got the international version, N7100, and lux is working pretty well. It's been a while since I've installed it and set up from scratch as I usually just restore settings using TB, but from memory I have changed very little after the initial setup. I do have it set up to adjust dynamically and to use the auto profile though.

Are you using a custom rom, or the stock samsung one? I'm using a samsung based custom rom (Alliance v4 to be precise). Maybe that makes a difference? Dunno....

Thanks for the reply. I think it has something to do with how 'lux' was showed by the Note 2. Even in a lighted room, the reading could drop to 0 and therefore make it too dim for the condition. I kept having to adjust it up and down. I used 'auto' with the profile I selected (either 'day' or 'night' or 'cinema') but none of them came out correct (sometimes it was right, sometimes it was either too dark or too bright). That's why I'm trying to get other Note 2 users' setting to see how well it works for me. I just moved from a Galaxy S2. On the S2, it was just perfect. I didn't even have to touch it once I selected a profile.
19th October 2013, 09:20 AM |#998  
Flag South Australia
Thanks Meter: 932

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by occtec

Can anyone suggest the best lux settings to use with the new nexus 7. I purchased it for my son and would like to set some recommended values for him Thanks in advance!

Anyone?
19th October 2013, 02:50 PM |#999  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by occtec

Anyone?

Hi occtec, I personally use the new Nexus 7 almost only indoor -> no direct sunlight, therefore I prefer rather low settings, The lowest standard setting by the system is much too light for me.
in addition I'm a freak regarding battery saving , but this helps only in +% range because the background LEDs can't be dimmed lower.

These are my settings (I use Automatic mode):
Day:
0 -30%
100 -1% (why can't I set it to 0%?)
250 +4%
20000 +100%

Night:
0 -30%
100 -1%
20000 +40% (I guess I never use it in >100 during night)

Hope this helps,
Cheers,
Thomas
The Following User Says Thank You to tommi.a For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tommi.a Ad-Free
19th October 2013, 04:56 PM |#1000  
Thanks Meter: 587

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by testrider

Could anybody who got theirs work on a Note 2 tell me what your settings are?

Thank you very much.
mike

Mike, on my Note 2 the settings are default with adjust on wake using profile auto and I only took one sample. I turn the phone off and on if I move from one lighting condition to another (e.g. indoors to / from outdoors). It works perfectly.
Cheers
Tom

My Note 2 to you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1382198204130.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	2336193  
19th October 2013, 06:55 PM |#1001  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szczepanik

Mike, on my Note 2 the settings are default with adjust on wake using profile auto and I only took one sample. I turn the phone off and on if I move from one lighting condition to another (e.g. indoors to / from outdoors). It works perfectly.
Cheers
Tom

My Note 2 to you

Thanks Tom, I didn't think of using 'power on wake'. I used only 'auto/dynamically' exclusively. I'll give it a try.
mike-
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to testrider For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift testrider Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)