[ROM][4 Dec] Monolith V1.1 [Sense 3.0 / 2.3.4] [faux123 0.2.5r]

Search This thread

Bastaerd

Aug 20, 2011
Amsterdam
Hi XDA, since I've gotten my Sensation I've always been tinkering with custom ROM's. Some people may know me from my mod of LeeDrOiD's V3.1.0 ROM. As time moved on, I thought that I was able to take my tinkering to the next level. So, here it is, my first custom ROM: Monolith V1.1!

Code:
[B]What's inside:[/B]
Base: Pyramid HTC Europe 1.50.401.1
- Kernel: faux123 0.2.5r
- Rooted, unsecured boot image
- Busybox
- Zipaligned + zipaligns on boot
- Deodexed
- Supports init.d scripts
- Superuser Permissions
- Slightly modded aGPS patch
- Removed a lot of apps I never use
- Added apps I use
- Added hosts file
- Set OpenDNS as standard DNS server
Code:
[B]What needs to be done:[/B]
-Ultra/Super smooth Rosie
-Add advanced power menu
-Add extended quick settings
-You tell me, always open to suggestions.

Last edited:

Bastaerd

Aug 20, 2011
Amsterdam
Download link: http://www.multiupload.com/HOWQ2D4WQ4
MD5 checksum: e3d5537f7fc22ba68518ca0f8011d2cc
Code:
[B]Flashing instructions:[/B]
-Download ROM
-Check checksum
-Copy to root of SD card
-Reboot into recovery
-Make a nandroid backup
-Wipe
-Wipe
-Did I say wipe?
-Flash ROM
-Reboot, wait 10 minutes

Code:
[B]Radio:[/B]
Recommended radio: 10.56.9035.00U_10.14.9035.01
However, choose the one that works best for you. Don't forget to flash corresponding RIL's

I am not responsible for bricked devices, etc. You are making modifications to your device, so you carry this burden :)

Code:
[B]Thanks to: [/B]
- LeeDrOiD: for being a source of inspiration 
- faux123: for his awesome kernel
- dsixda: for his kitchen
- JesusFreke: for his *.dex assembler/disassembler
- Crypted: for his aGPS patch
- The people I forgot to mention

Last edited:

Alipk52

May 14, 2011
Karachi
OnePlus 5
Realme XT
I have modified systemui.apk and android policy.jar files you'll get extended quick settings+Battery%+volume wake+Advance power menu..

Use Root Explorer or Esfile explorer and copy SYSTEMUI.APK to /system/app/ folder and android.policy.jar to /system/framework/ folder...

Note: First copy android.policy.jar file and then SystemUI.apk file because when you'll copy systemui.apk you'll get "statusbar force close error" repeatedly, just take out battery re-insert and turn on device. it's normal.

Good Luck..

Attachments

• android.policy.jar
    128.3 KB · Views: 27
  • SystemUI.apk
    794.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Reactions: Bastaerd

Bastaerd

Aug 20, 2011
Amsterdam

I'll add a few soon, but it's just plain old boring Sense 3.0.

I have modified systemui.apk and android policy.jar files you'll get extended quick settings+Battery%+volume wake+Advance power menu..

Use Root Explorer or Esfile explorer and copy SYSTEMUI.APK to /system/app/ folder and android.policy.jar to /system/framework/ folder...

Note: First copy android.policy.jar file and then SystemUI.apk file because when you'll copy systemui.apk you'll get "statusbar force close error" repeatedly, just take out battery re-insert and turn on device. it's normal.

Good Luck..

Awesome, I'll incorporate them in the next update. Now celebrating a really Dutch holiday, Sinterklaas :)

Also, really need to expand the APN list so keep your eye on this thread new update should be coming in 2-3 days.

Last edited:

thmsmllr

Jul 30, 2011
Nice, downloading right now and will test it out then. Will you stick with Sense 3.0? (I like alot more than 3.5)

Bastaerd

Aug 20, 2011
Amsterdam
Nice, downloading right now and will test it out then. Will you stick with Sense 3.0? (I like alot more than 3.5)

Yep, and I feel the same about it ;)

Also seem to have wrecked the clock widget and the ability to change wallpapers from settings. That's what you get when you don't use those :eek:
New update should be uploaded tomorrow.

Edit: Also saw faux updated his kernel, so that will be included as well.

Last edited:

Alipk52

May 14, 2011
Karachi
OnePlus 5
Realme XT
I'll add a few soon, but it's just plain old boring Sense 3.0.

Awesome, I'll incorporate them in the next update. Now celebrating a really Dutch holiday, Sinterklaas :)

Also, really need to expand the APN list so keep your eye on this thread new update should be coming in 2-3 days.

Ok man...in case if you still dont have Advance power menu working then PM me..:)

Bastaerd

Aug 20, 2011
Amsterdam
Today when I powered on my pc it showed the bios and then stayed blank. Tried all the usually steps, like trying to boot with the least components. I think I've narrowed it down to either mobo or power supply. Tonight a friends will lend me his psu, I really hope that fixes it.
So probably no update today :(

Edit: With other psu it also won't boot so i'll get a new mobo tomorrow.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi XDA, since I've gotten my Sensation I've always been tinkering with custom ROM's. Some people may know me from my mod of LeeDrOiD's V3.1.0 ROM. As time moved on, I thought that I was able to take my tinkering to the next level. So, here it is, my first custom ROM: Monolith V1.1!

Code:
    [B]What's inside:[/B]
    Base: Pyramid HTC Europe 1.50.401.1
    - Kernel: faux123 0.2.5r
    - Rooted, unsecured boot image
    - Busybox
    - Zipaligned + zipaligns on boot
    - Deodexed
    - Supports init.d scripts
    - Superuser Permissions
    - Slightly modded aGPS patch
    - Removed a lot of apps I never use
    - Added apps I use
    - Added hosts file
    - Set OpenDNS as standard DNS server
    Code:
    [B]What needs to be done:[/B]
    -Ultra/Super smooth Rosie
    -Add advanced power menu
    -Add extended quick settings
    -You tell me, always open to suggestions.

Good Luck..