[Q] HELP!!! TWRP - accidentally formatted Internal Storage - No OS installed!

Search This thread

SoReckless

Sep 12, 2011
(noob).....So i was running TWRP with paranoid android3 on my sprint s3 an accidentally flashed the wrong Google app zip with goo manager an ended up formatting my rom , internal storage and right now i have no OS installed....the only thing that's running is team win recovery project & pretty much don't know where to go from there. Also i can access my phone still thro the external sd card still. A little insight would be nice so i know what my next move should be.

Reactions: Nishant shreyash

milky1112

Apr 24, 2011
Somewhere on Earth.
(noob).....So i was running TWRP with paranoid android3 on my sprint s3 an accidentally flashed the wrong Google app zip with goo manager an ended up formatting my rom , internal storage and right now i have no OS installed....the only thing that's running is team win recovery project & pretty much don't know where to go from there. Also i can access my phone still thro the external sd card still. A little insight would be nice so i know what my next move should be.

Download new rom, Toss on extrnal SD, Flash in TWRP, and your alive and kicking once more. (TWRP has mount SD option so you can add to SD card from there) You'll be up and running in no time.

Only bad thing is all the pics and what nots (If not previously backed up) are gone. So it's a good thing to make a backup in TWRP after flashing and getting setup Just in case (Save to External SD)

Whiplashh

Jun 29, 2012
Download new rom, Toss on extrnal SD, Flash in TWRP, and your alive and kicking once more. (TWRP has mount SD option so you can add to SD card from there) You'll be up and running in no time.

Only bad thing is all the pics and what nots (If not previously backed up) are gone. So it's a good thing to make a backup in TWRP after flashing and getting setup Just in case (Save to External SD)

You beat me to it. I was gonna say this.

Just a heads up, I invested in aa 16 gig sdcard and I love it. Every few weeks I will transfer what I need from internal over and completely wipe it so it doesn't take too much space. Keep everything on SD card and if needed, a computer.

Sorry if you lost your stuff. :( but at least you can recover. This has happened to me before too, trust me.

------------------------
Sprint Galaxy S3
Need Help? PM
Hit the "Thanks" button if I helped!

Reactions: JoseTheFool

milky1112

Apr 24, 2011
Somewhere on Earth.

Just a heads up, I invested in aa 16 gig sdcard and I love it. Every few weeks I will transfer what I need from internal over and completely wipe it so it doesn't take too much space. Keep everything on SD card and if needed, a computer.

Sorry if you lost your stuff. :( but at least you can recover. This has happened to me before too, trust me.

------------------------
Sprint Galaxy S3
Need Help? PM

It's all good. Just wanna ensure folks are getting help. And OP we can't stress the important of a good backup on standby keep on your SD, Your computer, Wherever you want. just for reasons like this. It's always good to have one if you don't like what you flashed after.. Quick and easy to get it back to normal on the fly!

Reactions: Whiplashh

SoReckless

Sep 12, 2011

So I did what you said & the only thing that happens is TWRP resets & that it i put cm-10.1-20130728-NIGHTLY-d2spr on my ex sd card & tried to flash but thats all that happens

milky1112

Apr 24, 2011
Somewhere on Earth.
So I did what you said & the only thing that happens is TWRP resets & that it i put cm-10.1-20130728-NIGHTLY-d2spr on my ex sd card & tried to flash but thats all that happens

So it's just rebooting back to TWRP after rom finishes flashing? May just try to odin back to stock and start over again if you can't get it to play nice. Typically just doing factory wipe, clearing caches, flashing new rom will boot it back up, Unless the flash failed.

SoReckless

Sep 12, 2011
So it's just rebooting back to TWRP after rom finishes flashing? May just try to odin back to stock and start over again if you can't get it to play nice. Typically just doing factory wipe, clearing caches, flashing new rom will boot it back up, Unless the flash failed.

So Ive come to a conclusion last night. I have soft brick myself & now TWRP isnt coming up anymore. So my question is how do i reset the flash counts without an os?:confused:

milky1112

Apr 24, 2011
Somewhere on Earth.
So Ive come to a conclusion last night. I have soft brick myself & now TWRP isnt coming up anymore. So my question is how do i reset the flash counts without an os?:confused:

Odin back to stock and start from Square one. (Provided you can get into download mode) This won't reset the flash counter, but will get you going again to re root and flash something new =)

Last edited:

SoReckless

Sep 12, 2011
Odin back to stock and start from Square one. (Provided you can get into download mode) This won't reset the flash counter, but will get you going again to re root and flash something new =)

Ive researched & came across this

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1840030 ([HOW-TO] Unbrick your soft bricked Galaxy S III (+ bootloader brick)

I follow the instruction to the "T" but when i try to flash the VRALEC bootchain in the PDA i get this log

<ID:0/005> Added!!
<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> sbl1.mbn
<ID:0/005> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/005> FAIL! (Auth)
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

milky1112

Apr 24, 2011
Somewhere on Earth.
Ive researched & came across this

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1840030 ([HOW-TO] Unbrick your soft bricked Galaxy S III (+ bootloader brick)

I follow the instruction to the "T" but when i try to flash the VRALEC bootchain in the PDA i get this log

<ID:0/005> Added!!
<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/005> sbl1.mbn
<ID:0/005> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/005> FAIL! (Auth)
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Try flashing a 100% stock rom see if it will take. 9 out of 10 times.. It'll work (Don't believe it's soft bricked with it not going to recovery.. which is a good thing. Giver a shot and lemme know.

SoReckless

Sep 12, 2011
Try flashing a 100% stock rom see if it will take. 9 out of 10 times.. It'll work (Don't believe it's soft bricked with it not going to recovery.. which is a good thing. Giver a shot and lemme know.

So I found out that hyperlink was for Verizon & not sprint. But also found this video that QBKing did with (unroot / unbrick) method the s3 a an hours ago. Downloading the tar. file now hopefully I can flash back to stock that way but if not ill pm to see if it anything else I can do

j00manji

May 30, 2011
Disk Digger is a handy tool I've used to recover deleted photos after I flash a new rom. It totally works with overwhelming results but you just have to make sure you HAVE NOT TAKEN any new pictures since you erased your important ones.

ironxsloth

Nov 16, 2013
Help sir!!!

------------------------
Sprint Galaxy S3
Need Help? PM

SIR!
What am I gonna do if I have the same problem with no available External SD.
My Device is a Google Nexus 7 (2012) ver Wifi Only
Thank you for the help

ravi010189

Jan 14, 2014
internal sd

i have an internal sd card in xperia s plz help

mdejazin

Sep 2, 2015
(noob).....So i was running TWRP with paranoid android3 on my sprint s4 mini an accidentally flashed the wrong Google app zip with goo manager an ended up formatting my rom , internal storage and right now i have no OS installed....the only thing that's running is team win recovery project & pretty much don't know where to go from there. Also i can access my phone still thro the external sd card still. A little insight would be nice so i know what my next move should b

JAA FEEEL

Oct 15, 2015
ive done the exact same thing deleted internal storage and have no OS installed i have a Ascend P7 L10 where can i get the recommended firmware and stuff i need (noob here also) it runs android 4.4.2 with emui 2.3

matdup15

Jul 28, 2016
I havent got an SD card as I'm using the Samsung Galaxy S3 32gig device. I wiped system and have no OS installed and because of that my PC does not want to install driver. I cannot access my device through my PC but it is visible though. I have downloaded android software for my device and do not know how to copy it over to my S3. Can someone please help me? I have given up.

Malfix

Jan 28, 2016
Hey, I also deleted my operating system and am stuck on TWRP, and I have an external SD card as well. I installed the exact ROM that's meant for my device (It's supposed to run on 4.4.2 Kitkat and it is an LG Tribute 1) and imported it to my external SD card. Problem is, when I try to flash the ROM onto the Lg Tribute, it does tell me that it is "installed successful" but when I reboot, it prompts me with a "Your device does not appear to be rooted, install SuperSU now? This will root your device." it gives me an option to "Do not install." But when I press the "Do not install." Button, nothing happens, so I am basically forced to install the SuperSU, which I normally don't mind, (since I actually already rooted my device before the OS was destroyed, which is probably why it got deleted in the first place.) but the thing is, after this happens, it reboots, then goes straight to TWRP, which is not supposed to happen. So I suspect the fact that I am installing SuperSU every time I reboot is what is causing my OS not to install. So I would really appreciate help. Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

------------------------
    Sprint Galaxy S3
    Need Help? PM

------------------------
    Sprint Galaxy S3
    Need Help? PM

It's all good. Just wanna ensure folks are getting help. And OP we can't stress the important of a good backup on standby keep on your SD, Your computer, Wherever you want. just for reasons like this. It's always good to have one if you don't like what you flashed after.. Quick and easy to get it back to normal on the fly!
    SIR!
    What am I gonna do if I have the same problem with no available External SD.
    My Device is a Google Nexus 7 (2012) ver Wifi Only
    Thank you for the help

Try going to the nexus 7 forum.