Unable to install new app or update existing app due to out of storage space

Search This thread
May 21, 2011
Singapore
Hi all,

Is there any solution to fix my phone storage issue? I wasn't able to install new app or update an existing app even though both of my internal and external storage have lots of space. See below or refer to attached screenshot of the error message.

1394902075198.jpg
1394902075198.jpg

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

hassanmahmood

Jan 3, 2012

SpyderTracks

Jan 13, 2007
London
As Pinyin is a Google app I would hazard a guess it's trying to install to your system partition which is around 2gb and separate from internal and sd. It's where the rom is hosted.

As above poster mentions, there are various apps you can use to move system apps to internal storage, or foldermount to fool the system into thinking a directory on your sd card is actually your system partition etc.

May 21, 2011
Singapore
As Pinyin is a Google app I would hazard a guess it's trying to install to your system partition which is around 2gb and separate from internal and sd. It's where the rom is hosted.

As above poster mentions, there are various apps you can use to move system apps to internal storage, or foldermount to fool the system into thinking a directory on your sd card is actually your system partition etc.

I've downloaded foldermount however it can't access the folders in the system partiton.