1,069 posts
Thanks Meter: 14

By Zepiii, Retired Forum Moderator on 21st April 2009, 05:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th June 2009, 11:51 PM |#2471  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Unhappy Which CAB to install?
Sorry, but I have read the thread from the beginning and serached, but I can't find anywhere that tells me which CAB to install from the 7 listed.

I downloaded the MS301 WidgetsProPlus_VGA_WVGA_060309.cab and installed it.

Then downloaded MS301 WidgetsProPlusExtras_VGA_WVGA_CustomBackGrd_Launch er_060309.cab and when I went to install it it said it was going to remove the old version.

If I wasnt the EXTRAS, do I choose one CAB and install it or do I install them all?

Is there not one CAB with all the extras??

Sorry if I'm being stupid!!
4th June 2009, 11:54 PM |#2472  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 16,154

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by uniqueboy

Thanks mskip, I did not realise that, I just made the image more transparent with photoshop and copied it back. Any way still a no show for me, I also did not realise (rather stupidly) that the qa_layouts.dat file also needs editing, I had a look at it and was a bit confused so I am posting it here if you have time to look it over. If you change anything in it please can you tell me what, just that I would like to figure it out better and maybe make some new clocks at some point.

If you just want to replace the digital clock in the pro screen or to add one to your lifestyle screen and dont mind the pro clock being the same then you can just copy the attached file to your mobile shell folder and overwrite the original (you might want to back it up first).

To add a new widget you need to add a new key to the widget list in the registry so that you can select it and also add a new entry in the widgetplus.xml (if you are using my pro plus) in the qa_layouts.dat file.

I dont know if a tutorial on adding widgets has been written (look at the entrys in the first few posts) but if not I can write one up quickly when I have time. Im working on the next release for Pro Plus QVGA right now so it cant be til the weekend though.
Attached Files
File Type: zip vp_dclock_modern.dat.zip - [Click for QR Code] (52.6 KB, 16 views)
5th June 2009, 12:02 AM |#2473  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny-67

Sorry, but I have read the thread from the beginning and serached, but I can't find anywhere that tells me which CAB to install from the 7 listed.

I downloaded the MS301 WidgetsProPlus_VGA_WVGA_060309.cab and installed it.

Then downloaded MS301 WidgetsProPlusExtras_VGA_WVGA_CustomBackGrd_Launch er_060309.cab and when I went to install it it said it was going to remove the old version.

If I wasnt the EXTRAS, do I choose one CAB and install it or do I install them all?

Is there not one CAB with all the extras??

Sorry if I'm being stupid!!

You only have to install 1 of the cabs from all the options listed.

MS301 WidgetsProPlus_VGA_WVGA_060309 is the standard cab with all the widgets but no extras. All the extras cabs have different variations in the bottom menu i.e. "spbmenu taskmanager contacts" or "launcher agenda contacts" for different peoples preferences.

The custombackground cabs include all the extras and also allow you to customise your background image on all the screens apart from the lifestyle screens.

If you install a different version then it has to uninstall the previous version first. Just choose the one you want and install it (soft reset after)
5th June 2009, 12:11 AM |#2474  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Thanks mskip, you are golden. I like the sound of a tutorial, but I think you should get some well earned rest, I noticed some very early posts this morning!
5th June 2009, 12:17 AM |#2475  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by uniqueboy

Thanks mskip, you are golden. I like the sound of a tutorial, but I think you should get some well earned rest, I noticed some very early posts this morning!

Rest whats rest I dont know the word
5th June 2009, 01:00 AM |#2476  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozone777

Do you have a QVGA version of this?
I know us QVGA people are lowly slime but don't forget your roots.

Sorry, I don't have a QVGA version but, as you can read in this forum, Mskip is working on a new QVGA release of his WidgetPlus. For sure, diamond-like clocks will be included, but I'm not sure if they'll have the added "0" for single digit hours (you can ask him).
5th June 2009, 01:53 AM |#2477  
Flag Henderson, KY
Thanks Meter: 124

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip

Hope you dont mind mate but I cabbed everything up for you

Will uninstalling the cab remove the registry keys he said needed to be deleted through the manual uninstall instructions at the link to SPB club?
5th June 2009, 02:46 AM |#2478  
Flag Henderson, KY
Thanks Meter: 124

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by natefish

I think this request got overlooked in the jumble. Thanks!

Nevermind the request, I have a new question: When I try to open up background.dat on my PC using winrar, it says it can't be opened ("archive is either in an unknown format or damaged"). WTF?

Is this the place I need to go to change the professional page background or am I barking up the wrong tree?
5th June 2009, 03:34 AM |#2479  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgjackson

I can't change background image for some reason
All resolutions.

You probably have installed one of the hacks that add a second set of lifestyle type pages. The workaround is simple.

* Delete the file "\Program Files\Spb Mobile Shell\Background.dat".
* Select a background the normal way (Menu=>Change Background).
* If it still doesn't take effect immediately (sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't), restart Mobile Shell or Soft Reset.

(To exit Mobile Shell, Launcher=>Swipe Horizontally=>Settings=>Spb Mobile Shell=>Menu=>Exit Shell.
To start back up again, run Spb Home).

Thank you for sharing this.
After these steps, would I be able to get two different background images between the two Lifestyle Home panels? Or they still remain the same?
5th June 2009, 08:07 AM |#2480  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by swdeason

Attachment 187624

For those trying to get full screen with tooglestart and be able to have a larger area at the bottom to put widgets in the invisible wall area, here is what I did to get it to work.

1. Install tooglestart in the windows startup folder.

2. Then use Nicarag├╝ense suggestion on the lockscreen and menubar...
Go to the qa_layout file and change the height for your device resolution in the LockScreen2.xml file:
<Layout Name="240x320">
- <General>
<Rect Name="DragRect" X="0" Y="0" Width="240" Height="294" />
For me I changed (what is in red) the 240x320 layout height from 244 to 294 added 50 to it.
Save the file back in qa_layout file and add password. Then add the qa_layout file back into the smartphone SPB Mobile Shell program file.

3. Go to the qa_layout file and change the menubar.xml file to the following:
- <General>
<DialogObject Value="Spb.Data.MenuBar" />
<LayerAlign Value="Bottom" Clip="0" />
Change what is in red
Save the file back in qa_layout file and add password. Then add the qa_layout file back into the smartphone SPB Mobile Shell program file.

Reset device... Go to home screen and edit layout to your liking and it should work.

Thanks Nicarag├╝ense for your help and input.

Steve

Um... having some trouble with this one...

1. Grey bar along the bottom - how do I get rid of that...?
2. Look what it's doing to Resco (esp at the bottom)...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot2.Jpeg
Views:	95
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	192615   Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot3.Jpeg
Views:	86
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	192616  
5th June 2009, 08:38 AM |#2481