FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][MOD]OGYouTube v3.5 Downloader, Popup/Background/ScreenOff Playback [STOPPED]

354 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,289
 
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from OsamaGhareeb: YouTube (Downloader, Popup, Background & ScreenOff playback)
14th April 2013, 09:04 AM |#31  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 452
 
More
I just tried a YouTube link from "currents" after using this to replace my original YouTube app (I deleted the original), and now it comes up with an error saying YouTube not installed.

This app needs a fix so that it can property replace YouTube (after all its just a modded YouTube.) Please look into this and fix it. Until then it kinda looses it's purpose, but if it could replace the original YouTube app it will be a killer app.
 
 
14th April 2013, 09:36 AM |#32  
brolee93's Avatar
Senior Member
XDA city
Thanks Meter: 503
 
Donate to Me
More
Hi bro.
It is Work well on my phone samsung note 2 Android 4.1.2 but i have samsung tab 2 p5110 10.1p android 4.1.2 and when i want to see just one video i have fc i can't look video or ddl. Have you test in tablet ?
14th April 2013, 12:59 PM |#33  
OGMods's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5,289
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abo_mara7

Thanks for your work. Background play + Screen off play features will be awesome.

It will be hard.. but I'll try

Quote:
Originally Posted by brolee93

Good work BRO
It is possible version inverted in black edition?

It is possible to add other mod in your ogyoutube?

Ohhh it is work very well good job

1. Do you mean an Dark style for YouTube App?? or OGYouTubeDownloader?
2.No,it is not.. you can add anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddiemc

I just tried a YouTube link from "currents" after using this to replace my original YouTube app (I deleted the original), and now it comes up with an error saying YouTube not installed.

This app needs a fix so that it can property replace YouTube (after all its just a modded YouTube.) Please look into this and fix it. Until then it kinda looses it's purpose, but if it could replace the original YouTube app it will be a killer app.

It works for me
And you can only disable YouTube, don't delete it

Quote:
Originally Posted by brolee93

Hi bro.
It is Work well on my phone samsung note 2 Android 4.1.2 but i have samsung tab 2 p5110 10.1p android 4.1.2 and when i want to see just one video i have fc i can't look video or ddl. Have you test in tablet ?

No, I haven't
Can you upload Logcat?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OGMods For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift OGMods Ad-Free
14th April 2013, 01:28 PM |#34  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 452
 
More
Lo
Quote:
Originally Posted by OsamaGhareeb

It works for me
And you can only disable YouTube, don't delete it

Regardless of whether YouTube is deleted or disabled, it will not run in Google currents.
Most apps give the "open in dialogue" where off course ogyoutube can be chosen, BUT currents doesn't give open in dialogue, I think it looks for the original YouTube app. Since your app has a different name (therefore can be installed alongside YouTube) it will not open through currents.

Please try playing a video in the Google currents app, and you'll see there is no option to open it in your app..

I'll try to rename your app system name (root) to the same as original YouTube and see if it'll work..

Edit.... yea, Of course renaming just gives an error.

Are you able to make a version that will overwrite the original YouTube file? Something that installs as com.google.android.youtube-1
This would fix the issue of not all apps working and it would enable users to get rid of the original app.
Basically all apps that uses YouTube (such as currents) will pull up ogyoutube without errors.

Please try, I'll be happy to "beta test" it. Thanks for your work.
14th April 2013, 03:21 PM |#35  
brolee93's Avatar
Senior Member
XDA city
Thanks Meter: 503
 
Donate to Me
More
Here is my log cat thanks for your great idea and great work ...
Attached Files
File Type: txt logcat_tab2_10.1_ogyoutube.txt - [Click for QR Code] (119.0 KB, 88 views)
14th April 2013, 03:29 PM |#36  
OGMods's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5,289
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddiemc

Lo

Regardless of whether YouTube is deleted or disabled, it will not run in Google currents.
Most apps give the "open in dialogue" where off course ogyoutube can be chosen, BUT currents doesn't give open in dialogue, I think it looks for the original YouTube app. Since your app has a different name (therefore can be installed alongside YouTube) it will not open through currents.

Please try playing a video in the Google currents app, and you'll see there is no option to open it in your app..

I'll try to rename your app system name (root) to the same as original YouTube and see if it'll work..

Edit.... yea, Of course renaming just gives an error.

Are you able to make a version that will overwrite the original YouTube file? Something that installs as com.google.android.youtube-1
This would fix the issue of not all apps working and it would enable users to get rid of the original app.
Basically all apps that uses YouTube (such as currents) will pull up ogyoutube without errors.

Please try, I'll be happy to "beta test" it. Thanks for your work.

It was like that... 2 versions
1. ogyoutube
2. youtube
I'll make it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by brolee93

Here is my log cat thanks for your great idea and great work ...

I forgot to add download button on all layouts that's the bug
I'll fix it soon
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OGMods For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift OGMods Ad-Free
14th April 2013, 05:06 PM |#37  
brolee93's Avatar
Senior Member
XDA city
Thanks Meter: 503
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OsamaGhareeb

It was like that... 2 versions
1. ogyoutube
2. youtube
I'll make it again


I forgot to add download button on all layouts that's the bug
I'll fix it soon

oh thanks good news
14th April 2013, 07:42 PM |#38  
PenguinxEnjoi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Carbondale
Thanks Meter: 140
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abo_mara7

Thanks for your work. Background play + Screen off play features will be awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsamaGhareeb

It will be hard.. but I'll try


You should partner with theOsoo (I think that's the username) that makes the background play, screen off playback, and HD playback (not HQ) of the original YouTube app. If he decided to mod this one instead of the original, installing you guys' version would be possible on non-rooted devices. Or maybe just ask him if it's okay with him to use his code for off screen playback and etc.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to PenguinxEnjoi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PenguinxEnjoi Ad-Free
14th April 2013, 08:13 PM |#39  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 99
 
More
Great app love it... Anyway of downloading as mp3?
15th April 2013, 06:17 PM |#40  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by junglebungle

Great app love it... Anyway of downloading as mp3?

İ think so!

Nexus 4 cihazımdan Tapatalk 2 ile gönderildi
15th April 2013, 06:31 PM |#41  
gaurav2009's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 251
 
More
any note 2 user running 4.1.2 here can tell if this have youtube bar issue on note 2 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2058881
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes