[ROM+TWRP][UNOFFICIAL][oxygen][8.1.0] LineageOS 15.1

Search This thread

ashwin007

Sep 6, 2013
Chennai
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1.0 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working :
  • Boots
  • Wifi
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera ( Videos And Photos )
  • Video Playback
  • Audio ( Record and Playback )
  • Audio Jack
  • Sensors
  • GPS
  • VoLTE
  • IR Blaster
  • Fingerprint Sensor
  • Tap To Wake
  • On-screen keys <-> hw keys toggle
  • Notification LED
  • No more weird colour profile issue

TODO :
  • Enforcing SELinux

Instructions :
  • Download the latest build and gapps.
  • Make sure you are on the latest TWRP build from this thread.
  • Make sure you are on the latest Global Developer Firmware
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot

Downloads :

Source Code :

Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
 restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Donate :
If you like my work, consider getting me a beer:

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 15.1, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Max 2

Contributors
ashwin007
ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x

Version Information

Created 2018-03-31
Last Updated 2018-04-02

alexep

Mar 23, 2013
Porto
Am I dreaming?!

This is great, has anyone tried it yet? I'll only be able to flash it tomorrow, unfortunately :(

EDIT: Source code seems to be outdated, right?

Last edited:

3ezzat

Apr 3, 2016
Thanks bro
Every thing works like a charm
Can you please add the option to control vibration intensity like LOS 14
AND THE LOWER LIMIT FOR IN CALL AUDIO IS LITTLE HIGHT
how to get that below the lower limit?

Reactions: alexep

dzeus6

Jul 27, 2017
Great, thank you for your work!.

For now I have error when I try to record slow motion film ....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1.0 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working :
    • Boots
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera ( Videos And Photos )
    • Video Playback
    • Audio ( Record and Playback )
    • Audio Jack
    • Sensors
    • GPS
    • VoLTE
    • IR Blaster
    • Fingerprint Sensor
    • Tap To Wake
    • On-screen keys <-> hw keys toggle
    • Notification LED
    • No more weird colour profile issue

TODO :
    • Enforcing SELinux

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps.
    • Make sure you are on the latest TWRP build from this thread.
    • Make sure you are on the latest Global Developer Firmware
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot

Downloads :

Source Code :

Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg . (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Donate :
    If you like my work, consider getting me a beer:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 15.1, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Max 2

Contributors
    ashwin007
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x

Version Information

Created 2018-03-31
    Last Updated 2018-04-02
    Changelogs

-> 20180331:
    * Initial Release
    Guys, I'm having exams going on, so couldn't really allocate time for this project. I will work on this whenever I have some free time...
    After a bit more use and tweaking for about a day now since last night, here is a list of issues/bugs and workarounds found in my use: (almost the same i posted earlier, but now with workarounds)
    • Distorted/cracking noise on phone speaker if using full volume - Workaround: Use one step lower volume, doesn't seem to happen at that level for me, phone is still audible
    • AudioFx has no effect on at least wired headphones and phone speaker (did work on bluetooth speaker however) - Workaround: Use Viper4Android, the one available in Magisk works fine and it's actually pretty good, I wonder why I didnt use it before in my life! (I also had to apply this fix https://xdaforums.com/android/general/v4a-fix-processing-using-magisk-t3572819)
    • In-Call volume can not be adjusted, the volume bar moves but no effect - I havent found a workaround for this
    • With dual SIM, after you enter first SIM PIN, and then start typing the second SIM PIN, the prompt might disappear and you can continue using the phone, but your second SIM is locked and you cant use the network with the second SIM and need to reboot to get back to SIM PIN prompt. Happens rarely, and if I wait just 1-2 seconds after entering first SIM PIN, the second SIM PIN prompt disappears for a second and comes back and has no issues, so I believe the workaround is to not immediately start typing the PIN for second SIM, wait for the prompt to disappear and appear again, and then do it.

All of these happened on clean flash too when I tested it quickly, and I use 8.3.29 Global Dev FW
    Other things I use is Camera2API enabler in Magisk, and Arnova's v7beta9 gcam which seems to work quite well with this ROM (except had to disable Motion or it wouldnt save pictures sometimes)

Overall as I have before said, it's a very good ROM for a first release of a new Android version, few quirks but nothing major which would prevent daily use. I'm sure it will get near perfection over time, I haven't at least myself yet noticed other issues. Unfortunately no logcats at the moment, but I will get on that when I have more free time in near days hopefully and figure it out how to do it
    Cant say anything else than a big thank you for op's hard work and just wanted to make people aware of the issues and possible workarounds if they happen to them, I am not sure do these happen for everyone or no