Bootanimation- Android Andy pees on Apple- My favorite

Search This thread

sheetmetalninja

Dec 15, 2010
Here is a resized version of the android pee on Apple bootanimation that I found on the Rom toolbox but for some reason wouldn't display on my note 2 even if I resized within the application.To me it's much better lookin than the fat tinkle peeling droid that I found here and its resized correctly. Credit goes to the original animation author which I have no clue whom that may be.

Here's the sample I uploaded to YouTube for you guys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vphIEzGJuno&feature=youtube_gdata_player

are u rooted? if yes... then do these steps verbatim to change your boot animation on your note 2.

STEP 1: download THIS file and do NOT extract it or anything (use your computer or phone... its like 100mb so i reckon you best be on WiFey to be safer from a broken dload)

STEP 2:
if using your computer to download , plug ur phone in to mount usb and moved the file to your sd card or your internal memory [ EX:Computer\SPH-L900\Phone or Computer\SPH-L900\Card ] (OR use a program like Android Commander to make things a little easier and put the file directly into the /system/media directory of your phone.... hint:the 'system' folder is located in the PARENT FOLDER of your SDCARD directory .... aka your ROOT directory):rolleyes::p

if downloaded using your phone browser.... just use any root file manager (eg:I use ROM Toolbox Pro's Root file Browser,but there are dozens of other app like root explorer, ES File Explorer File Manager, ASTRO file Manager i think works too if u have the pro version but dont hold me to it) and use the Move to or the Copy To feature within any of those apps to move the file manually to your /system/media/ directory. You can just overwrite the one that is already there or just add a .bak or .EAD or .GTH to the end of the file name of the file you wanna backup thats already there BEFORE moving the new Android Peeing animation you downloaded in the first step.

IMPORTANT- DO NOT RENAME OR EXTRACT THE ZIP FILE YOU DOWNLOADED IN STEP 1... the file MUST BE NAMED bootanimation.zip

STEP 3- Using your root file managing joint appy proggy thingys Permissions editor (normally u just long click the file you wanna set permissions for and the edit permissions option will pop up somewhere) set the pemissions (or verify them) to this...
OWNER- READ WRITE
GROUP- READ
OTHERS- READ
or another way of saying this is RW-R--R--

Step 4 - SAVE or ACCEPT changes....
Step 5 - Reboot to make sure bootanimation is changed
Step 6 - Reboot again in a busy elevator or place where some iPhags can see over your shoulder.... and grin maliciously. :angel:
Step 7- :highfive: click the thanks button if u want or pm me if u have some bitcoins u managed to accumulate somehow and wanna donate em to me :D

Last edited:

ridleyj329

Oct 12, 2008
When I copy this file over using es file explorer with root permissions and name the old one.bak I only get a black screen that has the android logo for a few seconds. Is there some ng I missee

ridleyj329

Oct 12, 2008
i noticed the file was already labeled "bootanimation.zip" so i copied it as it as renaming the original. the only thing about my phone is that im running MacksROM All Star 2.5 rather than stock but i dont think that would make any difference.

sheetmetalninja

Dec 15, 2010
i noticed the file was already labeled "bootanimation.zip" so i copied it as it as renaming the original. the only thing about my phone is that im running MacksROM All Star 2.5 rather than stock but i dont think that would make any difference.

hmm.... try redownloading the file and replace the file u just tried with the one u just downloaded and then rename as necessary. i dont think ma7 changed the location of where it fetches the boot ani.... but im still running LjC. but running macks rom 5.0 which is basically the same rom as the allstar rom you are using minus without the Ma7 goodies. but anyway try what i mentioned real quick and see if maybe it was just a corrupt or incomplete download or transfer to your device if u used the computer. meantime ill see whats involved in making it a flashable zip or if my feeble mind cant wrap itself around how that works... maybe someone here will post a flashable version for ya. :fingers-crossed:

hmm.... try redownloading the file and replace the file u just tried with the one u just downloaded and then rename as necessary. i dont think ma7 changed the location of where it fetches the boot ani.... but im still running LjC. but running macks rom 5.0 which is basically the same rom as the allstar rom you are using minus without the Ma7 goodies. but anyway try what i mentioned real quick and see if maybe it was just a corrupt or incomplete download or transfer to your device if u used the computer. meantime ill see whats involved in making it a flashable zip or if my feeble mind cant wrap itself around how that works... maybe someone here will post a flashable version for ya. :fingers-crossed:

Im on macs 2.5 and it is indeed and the system/media...I just copied over and set permissions. ...love it!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

metal666fukhead

May 2, 2010
Dude thank you for posting this I love it! Haha so is it confirmed to be working on MA7? I can't wait to show all my crapple loving friends! =D

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

anti-up

Aug 26, 2010

devynbf

Oct 20, 2012
Very cool!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

I flashed the zip and I got the normal boot :(

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a resized version of the android pee on Apple bootanimation that I found on the Rom toolbox but for some reason wouldn't display on my note 2 even if I resized within the application.To me it's much better lookin than the fat tinkle peeling droid that I found here and its resized correctly. Credit goes to the original animation author which I have no clue whom that may be.

Here's the sample I uploaded to YouTube for you guys
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vphIEzGJuno&feature=youtube_gdata_player

are u rooted? if yes... then do these steps verbatim to change your boot animation on your note 2.

STEP 1: download THIS file and do NOT extract it or anything (use your computer or phone... its like 100mb so i reckon you best be on WiFey to be safer from a broken dload)

STEP 2:
    if using your computer to download , plug ur phone in to mount usb and moved the file to your sd card or your internal memory [ EX:Computer\SPH-L900\Phone or Computer\SPH-L900\Card ] (OR use a program like Android Commander to make things a little easier and put the file directly into the /system/media directory of your phone.... hint:the 'system' folder is located in the PARENT FOLDER of your SDCARD directory .... aka your ROOT directory):rolleyes::p

if downloaded using your phone browser.... just use any root file manager (eg:I use ROM Toolbox Pro's Root file Browser,but there are dozens of other app like root explorer, ES File Explorer File Manager, ASTRO file Manager i think works too if u have the pro version but dont hold me to it) and use the Move to or the Copy To feature within any of those apps to move the file manually to your /system/media/ directory. You can just overwrite the one that is already there or just add a .bak or .EAD or .GTH to the end of the file name of the file you wanna backup thats already there BEFORE moving the new Android Peeing animation you downloaded in the first step.

IMPORTANT- DO NOT RENAME OR EXTRACT THE ZIP FILE YOU DOWNLOADED IN STEP 1... the file MUST BE NAMED bootanimation.zip

STEP 3- Using your root file managing joint appy proggy thingys Permissions editor (normally u just long click the file you wanna set permissions for and the edit permissions option will pop up somewhere) set the pemissions (or verify them) to this...
    OWNER- READ WRITE
    GROUP- READ
    OTHERS- READ
    or another way of saying this is RW-R--R--

Step 4 - SAVE or ACCEPT changes....
    Step 5 - Reboot to make sure bootanimation is changed
    Step 6 - Reboot again in a busy elevator or place where some iPhags can see over your shoulder.... and grin maliciously. :angel:
    Step 7- :highfive: click the thanks button if u want or pm me if u have some bitcoins u managed to accumulate somehow and wanna donate em to me :D
    At great risk of being called a few choice words ...I gotta ask as well. I really really want this boot animation. When I go in to root explorer and the select system then select media, I am unable to locate the original boot animation file. However there are a lot of qmg files. I did find a boot animation file in /system/bin but when I replaced that with the new one. .nothing changed. I even tried renaming the. Zip to .qmg in system/media but that didn't work either.

My wife is an iphone lover and this would be fun to tease her with. . Any suggestions? I am on sprint l900 note 2 on MA7 firmware.

Help please?

Ok. .I'm going to apologize in advance for being obtuse here but I must be missing something very easy. . I followed the instructions you linked to. .including changing the names in the/system/bin and the system/media folders. ...

When I restarted the phone I got a black screen during the boot up process. :confused:

I am sorry for making this difficult and cluttering the thread. .but am stumped as to what I'm F'ING up. .. as I am sure I am missing a very simple change or setting.:banghead:

Help would be greatly appreciated. ...

The red highlight is prolly where your problem started, cuz you corrupted the orginal bootanimation in system/bin. That original should have been renamed to samsungani ,
    Try this, here is a copy of the original bootanimation in that location, already renamed to samsungani, place it in system/bin
    the downloaded bootanimation.zip in op should go in system/media
    Bro quit being a whiny little *****! Now no ones going to help you for sure. I have it working fine on my phone but since you wanted to be a ****** and talk **** you can go **** yourself! Maybe if you read the whole thread and read it properly you'd figure it out exactly like myself and many others have. Now you can go back to sucking on your moms tit you little douche bag

No one's going to help me, because I didn't bow when attacked?

The truth is, you have your order wrong. I asked nicely and was attacked. Then I objected to that and you attacked.

Now you act like a child who picks up his toys and stomps off home.

And all of this, because I stated that the instructions were incomplete.

If help was whst anybody wanted to supply here, then as soon as I mentioned it, someone would have said;

"Oh yea, you're right. Let me tell you what's missing and hopefully that will do the trick for you."

That's how adults respond. Given your language, you're not there yet.
    No, you are wrong. Instructions are written to tell you how to do something. Look up the word in the dictionary. Anyone writing instructiins with the intent of leavings out so that people will have to work to figure out what they actually need to do, is a jerk, plain and simple. Note the words "with the intent". Only a jerk would intentionally leave steps out and the call it "instructions", instead of "puzzle".

The bottom line is that I simply stated a true fact.

Furthermore, I don't know why it is, but there seems to be this pervasive attitude on XDA (not everyone) to find anyway they can to be rude to anyone who asks a question. What do you think forums are for? To massage each other's egos?

When you defend the indefensible, you don't look intelligent. You look foolish.

And what the hell is the point of your post, if you didn't want to help, except to be rude?! And why do you see that as a positive quality?

Lastly, I am not "replacing one file with the other". Not even close! Apparently, it is you who cannot read. Or, maybe you just don't "have a mind to figure out" what I posted.

Maybe you should take a break, smell some flowers and ask mom to define kindness for you.

Bro quit being a whiny little *****! Now no ones going to help you for sure. I have it working fine on my phone but since you wanted to be a ****** and talk **** you can go **** yourself! Maybe if you read the whole thread and read it properly you'd figure it out exactly like myself and many others have. Now you can go back to sucking on your moms tit you little douche bag

I had the same problem I had to go to property's and change it to rw-r-r then save then it should work