FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] Official ViPER4Android Audio Effects (FX v2.5.0.5) - New Features & 7.0 Support

4,134 posts
Thanks Meter: 14,610

By zhuhang, Recognized Contributor on 15th March 2013, 05:42 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st May 2015, 01:27 AM |#18161  
Flag Long Island, New York
Thanks Meter: 121

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuszoos

Amen to that! And I am drawn into saying that, when messages come thru that keep saying "It's Discontinued", like it's wrong to ask, yet how many here, like you said, got it working?

I.e., Why is it wrong to simply ask; "How? What did you do?"

And it amazes me that no one has answered and we're basically left with;

"Yea, I got it working in KK/L, but don't ask how: that would be wrong!"

Now I'm sure I'll catch flak over this post, but there won't be even one post explaining why that is. It being discontinued isn't a valid response, since if that were the case, then why do folks keep mentioning that they got XHiFi working in KK/L? Certainly if it's okay to say that, then it's okay to ask how.

Just wanna know from the folks who did, that's all.

Maybe since this thread is titled "FX" and is officially for that, maybe start a new thread?

Of course, it will probably just fill up with people who NEED help and noone who CAN help. Hahaha!

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

You mean a Kernel for the Samsung OEM ROM? I've never been able to find one of those for any phone or tablet I've owned, including their most popular models.

Here's what I don't understand and my question though;

If XHiFi has such better sound than FX (I'm not saying it doesn't, then why did they discontinue it (XHiFi), instead of FX? I really don't understand that.

No I mean a kernel for your phone I don't know what the OEM is I have a sprint galaxy s4 and a sprint galaxy note edge devs have worked on the s4 but not so much the edge
1st May 2015, 02:55 AM |#18162  
Thanks Meter: 231

More
To Admin: Thanks for the link! I appreciate it! I'll check it out and see about some help getting XHiFi working in KitKat over there.

From my lightning slow Samsung Glxy SGH-M819N Mega
Samsung OEM KK 4.4.4 ROM, Philz Touch Recvry v6.48.4

http://reflectiveresonance.com/
1st May 2015, 03:43 AM |#18163  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 1,397

More
Quote:

To Admin: Thanks for the link! I appreciate it! I'll check it out and see about some help getting XHiFi working in KitKat over there.

To be fair there are already posts here on how to get XHIFI to work on KK and Lollipop ROMs. XDA encourages people to use the search thread feature before asking a question if multiple people made the same enquiries as you. Just type in the xda search thread engine the following keywords "XHIFI Kit Kat" or "XHIFI Lollipop" to find your answers.

XHIFI is meant for audio restoration meaning it is meant to make the audio sound like it would in a recording studio. It was discontinued because viper520 added three features on FX that do what XHIFI can do. People like myself opted to get XHIFI to work on KK and Lollipop ROMs instead of using FX's Viper Clarity. This is primarily due to the fact that those FX features isn't as powerful as the XHIFI app.

FYI when I mean that XDA encourages people to use the search thread feature it is actual rule created by the moderators for this forum in hopes of limited the amount of questions ask ad nauseam.

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visse0704

Is there an option that can make the headphones louder ?
Maybe like the option from boeffla kernel.

Sry 4 my bad English.
I'm German.

Yes it is called output gain.
1st May 2015, 05:22 AM |#18164  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 91

More
not working on 5.1.1 driver installed but says unsupported audio format
1st May 2015, 05:28 AM |#18165  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmxc23

To be fair there are already posts here on how to get XHIFI to work on KK and Lollipop ROMs. XDA encourages people to use the search thread feature before asking a question if multiple people made the same enquiries as you. Just type in the xda search thread engine the following keywords "XHIFI Kit Kat" or "XHIFI Lollipop" to find your answers.

XHIFI is meant for audio restoration meaning it is meant to make the audio sound like it would in a recording studio. It was discontinued because viper520 added three features on FX that do what XHIFI can do. People like myself opted to get XHIFI to work on KK and Lollipop ROMs instead of using FX's Viper Clarity. This is primarily due to the fact that those FX features isn't as powerful as the XHIFI app.

FYI when I mean that XDA encourages people to use the search thread feature it is actual rule created by the moderators for this forum in hopes of limited the amount of questions ask ad nauseam.

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

Yes it is called output gain.

Hey, thanks for ll the info! I learned more about the subject from you in one post, than I have reading posts for the last 3 days!

I didn't think about a search for just this one place. Maybe because I don't see it. Too tiny in a mobile browser on my phone? All I see at the top says it's for searching the "forums" plural.

Any chance of you pointing me to your post number? <lol>

Thanks again for the info!
1st May 2015, 06:19 AM |#18166  
Flag Delaware
Thanks Meter: 2,848

Donate to Me
More
Whoever is making the flashable zips that replace the entire audio_policy.conf file in ROMs, I found an alternative way which comments out the deep_buffer lines via sed command instead of replacing the file (as it may change in ROMs such as CM.) I have my own addon.d script that backs up what I would like it to, along with applying some changes for V4A functionality.

This is what I have in my addon.d script (placed under the post-restore section) to search and comment out the deep_buffer lines:
Code:
# audio_policy.conf edits for V4A compatibility
sed -i '/deep_buffer {/,/}/s/^/#/' /system/etc/audio_policy.conf
Once the script finishes what it needs to do, the deep_buffer lines will look like so:
Code:
#      deep_buffer {
#        sampling_rates 8000|11025|12000|16000|22050|24000|32000|44100|48000
#        channel_masks AUDIO_CHANNEL_OUT_STEREO
#        formats AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_16_BIT
#        devices AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_EARPIECE|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_SPEAKER|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_WIRED_HEADSET|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_WIRED_HEADPHONE|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_ALL_SCO|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_AUX_DIGITAL|AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_PROXY
#        flags AUDIO_OUTPUT_FLAG_DEEP_BUFFER
#      }
And what I have in my addon.d script (also placed under the post-restore section) to add to build.prop
Code:
# build.prop edits for V4A functionality
echo "lpa.decode=false" >> /system/build.prop;
echo "lpa.releaselock=false" >> /system/build.prop;
echo "lpa.use-stagefright=false" >> /system/build.prop;
echo "tunnel.decode=false" >> /system/build.prop;
Hopefully these will be of use to some who also create their own addon.d scripts.
1st May 2015, 09:53 AM |#18167  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adf2009

make sure you have working root, busybox installed, permissive SELinux mode and enough system space for installing the drivers.

How does one make "SELinux Mode" "permissive"?

If you tell me (or point me to) what that entails (how it's done) I'm technical enough to do it. I've just never heard of it, except for in this thread. Is it only something that can be done with Custom ROMs? Or OEM ROMs too?

Thank You.

---------- Post added at 03:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmxc23

Note To ALL: There is an app called Kernel Adiutor that will change the SELinux to permissive provided that is allowed in the custom kernel. Since this is primarily for adjustments to the custom kernel like Trickster Mod the SELinux changer app isn't needed. Currently it is the only kernel control app that has SELinux changer built-in.

Okay, never mind my last post. That answered my question.

"Hey! Zeuszoos! Next time keep reading, you idiot!" <lol>

1st May 2015, 09:54 AM |#18168  
Flag New York

More
Quote:

Hey, thanks for ll the info! I learned more about the subject from you in one post, than I have reading posts for the last 3 days!

I didn't think about a search for just this one place. Maybe because I don't see it. Too tiny in a mobile browser on my phone? All I see at the top says it's for searching the "forums" plural.

Any chance of you pointing me to your post number? <lol>

Thanks again for the info!

For Kit Kat you have to install XIFI as a system app. As for Lollipop the FX instructions also applies to XHIFI.
1st May 2015, 09:54 AM |#18169  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:

How does one make "SELinux Mode" "permissive"?

If you tell me (or point me to) what that entails (how it's done) I'm technical enough to do it. I've just never heard of it, except for in this thread. Is it only something that can be done with Custom ROMs? Or OEM ROMs too?

Thank You.

Just install below apk.
Attached Files
File Type: apk Selinux2.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.47 MB, 68 views)
1st May 2015, 10:08 AM |#18170  
Flag New York

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by galahadUSA

The developer discontinued it!!!
It's not up to you to understand it so just except it and move on.
I had xhifi installed with v4a on 5.1.1 Blisspop and currently on 5.1.1 CyanideL. I removed xhifi as it's not as feature rich as v4a.
I learned how to install it from this very thread so dig if want it so bad and stop

1. XHIFI was discontinued because its features was implemented in FX.
2. It never was intended to be feature rich as its purpose was to make the audio sound like it came directly from the recording studio.
3. @zhuhang even stated that FX's Viper Clarity and Viper Bass pales in comparison to XHIFI which is one reason why some people went and install XHIFI.
1st May 2015, 10:19 AM |#18171  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 80

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junaid1460

I have built v4a from source ... For 5.x.x android devices in material design..

Just created a new launcher icon ... Instead the old..

Tested on Android 5.1 aarch64

Download::

[email protected]

Thanks! This version works for me in 5.1.1.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
best settings, convolver, cure tech+, fx xhifi, irs impulse response sample, settings, viper4android v4a, virtual headphone surround engine+

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)