Navigation software

Search This thread

jappo01

Dec 31, 2005
Zuid-Limburg
I've heard you can't use the new TomTom 7 on this device because it has no touchscreen.
Has anyone experience with navigation software on the Rose?

The servicedesk of Tomtom couldn't answer my question because they weren't familiar with this device yet.

omikr0n

Oct 24, 2007
Prague, Czech republic
Well, technically you can use TomTom 7. You just have to use FakeCursor (or similar utility) to emulate screen taps. I have tried it and it works, but is not really usable.
So far I have also tried:
Garmin XT Mobile - does work, but I don't like the interface
Sygic McGuider - does work and I like it, use it and recommend it
TomTom 5.xx - does work, but has only older maps available

rb14

Nov 29, 2007
london
www.brom.me.uk
I tried TomTom 7 and it won't work because you need to be able to tap the screen. I didn't even know you can use a programme that emulates screen taps.

I'm off to bed!

lswist

Mar 4, 2008
Do not lose your time and use Sygic McGuider. It is best I can recommend for the smartphone.

rubik

Sep 10, 2006
I use Garmin Mobile XT and it works great for me. They have a non-touchscreen version. Here are some screen shots. Alternatively, you could use google maps ;)

Attachments

• Screen02.jpg
    Screen02.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 444
  • Screen03.jpg
    Screen03.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 287

psybill

Nov 30, 2004
could you tell us some more details for garmin mobile xt?
is it fast in menu?
is the root recalculation fast enough?
input text with qwerty and phonepad?
works in landscape when the qwerty is open?

Garmin is nice software and maps for my country are ok, but it's "too much" for my old and tired tornado. I think qualcom @520Mhz must be ok with this...

stesa

Dec 30, 2005
Tuscany
could you tell us some more details for garmin mobile xt?
is it fast in menu?
is the root recalculation fast enough?
input text with qwerty and phonepad?
works in landscape when the qwerty is open?

Garmin is nice software and maps for my country are ok, but it's "too much" for my old and tired tornado. I think qualcom @520Mhz must be ok with this...

fast in menù ? so and so
in recalculation ? mmmmm
qwerty work in imput text
and work in landascape too

just a problem... if don't powered by car charger display go in sleep :(

psybill

Nov 30, 2004
did you check your settings in settings-display-backlight override menu? what happens if "always on" option is enabled?

rubik

Sep 10, 2006
I have used Garmin Mobile XT firstly on a Win2003SE device, then WM5 , WM6 Pro and now WM6.1 standard and it has worked fine for all my devices. I don't really have any complain. It routes fine without any problems.

jappo01

Dec 31, 2005
Zuid-Limburg
It is a known problem; not finding the internal gps. But if I remember correctly there's a fix for it.
Tomtom V6 not working?

moijwall

Dec 5, 2008
Garmin Mobile XT?

Which Garmin Mobile XTversion are you using?
I installed the one I had and I can't get it out of the impression that there is some Bluetooth GPS dongle to find?

chaser.nl

Aug 13, 2007
::1
Do not lose your time and use Sygic McGuider. It is best I can recommend for the smartphone.

I can confirm this, Mcguider is the best navigation software i have used thus far.

Its more accurate and faster than tomtom.

Its not free but tomtom is not as well.

if you buy it its €80,- otherwise you can always look for it in your favorite download channels (can not advertise those on these forums)

Calvin.

Jan 10, 2009
As I saw Sygic McGuider 2009 comes preinstalled on a 4GB microSDHC card (with 2GB free for other use :-( ). Can I copy the SW onto my 8GB card and it still works?