Official ICS update now seeding to developers

Search This thread

jakesteed

Dec 12, 2010
Got an OTA update notice this morning--my device is a developer seed from Verizon and I get OTA updates earlier than anyone else. Flashed the build and I now have an official, fully functional version of ICS! :D

System Version: 6.7.246.XT875.Verizon.en.US
Android Version: 4.0.4
Baseband Version: CDMA_N_05.13.01R LTEDC_U_09.14.00
Webtop Version: wt-3.0.0
Kernel Version: 3.0.8-g4328f8b hudsoncm@il93lnxdroid83 #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Sep 20 17:31:11 CDT 2012
Build Number: 6.7.2-223_DBN_M4-23
Build Date: Thu Sep 20 17:14:54 CDT 2012

Dougau

Jan 3, 2011
Got an OTA update notice this morning--my device is a developer seed from Verizon and I get OTA updates earlier than anyone else. Flashed the build and I now have an official, fully functional version of ICS! :D

Kernel Version: 3.0.8-g4328f8b hudsoncm@il93lnxdroid83 #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Sep 20 17:31:11 CDT 2012

Calling BS on you getting it via OTAThis has been out since last week and many people have it.

Last edited:

jakesteed

Dec 12, 2010
Calling BS on you getting it via OTA:( This has been out since last week and many people have it.
Not BS. Not sure if this is going to be the official FINAL build, but the fact I got it via OTA means that Motorola submitted this build as an official regression build for Verizon, and Verizon has accepted it internally.

Now, Motorola also went on record to say the Bionic update has been delayed, so they may be submitting another build at some point that will also have to go through Verizon's acceptance process. However, none of the previous builds were seeded to test devices via OTA, so that tells me this particular build is closer to final than anything else.

Dougau

Jan 3, 2011
Not BS. Not sure if this is going to be the official FINAL build, but the fact I got it via OTA means that Motorola submitted this build as an official regression build for Verizon, and Verizon has accepted it internally.

Now, Motorola also went on record to say the Bionic update has been delayed, so they may be submitting another build at some point that will also have to go through Verizon's acceptance process. However, none of the previous builds were seeded to test devices via OTA, so that tells me this particular build is closer to final than anything else.

Okay, if Verizon did in fact push this to you, and now your saying there might be another build, how are you going to install it over .246?

br0adband

Mar 28, 2008
requesting obligatory screenshots that don't seem to be posted yet...

I mean really, make such a claim and then not back it up with some(what) hard evidence of any kind? Come on... you can do better than that. :D

lewwill

Jul 14, 2011
I would hope nobody would play such a horrid trick on anxious bionic owners...

The forums are filled with children with nothing to do. May their faces become covered with zits and their phones turn into bricks. Too bad they cannot find something constructive to do.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda premium
Lew

Hello_Robert

Jul 21, 2011

What part of the country are u in? I'm in central Texas and no OTA is available yet..

Dougau

Jan 3, 2011
requesting obligatory screenshots that don't seem to be posted yet...

I mean really, make such a claim and then not back it up with some(what) hard evidence of any kind? Come on... you can do better than that. :D

Oh it's real alright, just questioning if anyone really had it pushed out OTA. Every one can check away but your not going to see this pushed to your phone anytime in the next week or two I don't believe.
BLy3Nl.jpg

Last edited:

Dougau

Jan 3, 2011
I hope to god that .246 is the final release version.

That's why it's important to have proof that some "Developer" for Verizon actually had it pushed via OTA and it's just not someone who is BSing on here. Motorola, not Verizon will be the ones who actually push it out.

smilepak

Nov 16, 2008
Ics been out for almost a year and bionics get gifted by getting it soon. While some other devices get jelly bean

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So much for "developer seed" boy. Don't want to seem harsh but I really hate when people come on these forums and post bold face lies.
    V7PHHl.jpg
    I just updated to the leaked .232 build courtesy of another thread... if the OTA update rolls out this week (to the average Joe, not just people with dev phones), I'll feel kinda foolish! I'm mostly antsy to get my phone upgrade in January, I'm anticipating getting a Razr Maxx HD which will hopefully release with JB :)

There are no Bionic Developer Phones!!