[Q] HTC ONE S bricked

Search This thread

hansonb23

Apr 3, 2014
When i tried to root my HTC One S, it got bricked. At first, i could enter the bootloader menu. But now its refusing to power on. After holding down the power and volume down for 10 seconds, the screen just flickers. Anyone familiar with the problem?

Hiken_Ace

Nov 19, 2011
Kiev
When i tried to root my HTC One S, it got bricked. At first, i could enter the bootloader menu. But now its refusing to power on. After holding down the power and volume down for 10 seconds, the screen just flickers. Anyone familiar with the problem?

try to charge your phone for 2 hours ! then try booting into bootloader again !
how are you rooting ?
did you unlock your bootloader at HTC Dev ?

hansonb23

Apr 3, 2014
try to charge your phone for 2 hours ! then try booting into bootloader again !
how are you rooting ?
did you unlock your bootloader at HTC Dev ?

Yes, i unlocked my bootloader at HTC dev. It was entering the bootloader menu at first. But now, there is no response from the phone. I even tried charging it overnight

galih_dian

Nov 14, 2008
yogyakarta
Yes, i unlocked my bootloader at HTC dev. It was entering the bootloader menu at first. But now, there is no response from the phone. I even tried charging it overnight

i got same problem,,
in my case, if i connect my device to PC (win 8) orange led charger is on, and i check on device manager (other device) :
- QHSUSB_DLOAD

when i hold power button i cant find notification on device manager but "nothing happened"

Than if i release power button i got notif again :
- Qualcomm CDMA Tecnologies MSM
- USB DEVICE
than about 5 second back to :
- QHSUSB_DLOAD

again and again,, i have tired try to enter Fastboot with combine power button and volume (-) but i got nothing

please help before i buy a new device :(

Last edited:

Hiken_Ace

Nov 19, 2011
Kiev
Patience guys ... Help is coming soon !

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

bilal_liberty

Aug 28, 2012
i got same problem,,
in my case, if i connect my device to PC (win 8) orange led charger is on, and i check on device manager (other device) :
- QHSUSB_DLOAD

when i hold power button i cant find notification on device manager but "nothing happened"

- USB DEVICE
- QHSUSB_DLOAD

again and again,, i have tired try to enter Fastboot with combine power button and volume (-) but i got nothing

ur phone seems to be bricked :( contact @Tecardo he will be able to help u fixing it via jtag

Reactions: galih_dian

dd98

May 19, 2013
i got same problem,,
- QHSUSB_DLOAD

- USB DEVICE
- QHSUSB_DLOAD

If your feeling confident you could try this but it is risky. I would advise you to ask @Tecardo

Reactions: galih_dian

TiTAN-O-One

Dec 18, 2012
Singapore
Has anyone had any experience with the authorised HTC service centers? I mean.. do they accept the phone if its not powering on.? and wil they fix it once they know i tried to root it?

HAHA, FUNNY STORY. I told HTC about whatever you said (i have the same thing that happened) and they told me to change the mainboard which costs more than a second hand One S :D:thumbup:

CM11 Powered G-Wonder ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i got same problem,,
    - QHSUSB_DLOAD

- USB DEVICE
    - QHSUSB_DLOAD

ur phone seems to be bricked :( contact @Tecardo he will be able to help u fixing it via jtag
    i got same problem,,
    - QHSUSB_DLOAD

- USB DEVICE
    - QHSUSB_DLOAD

If your feeling confident you could try this but it is risky. I would advise you to ask @Tecardo