HTC Sensation 4g OTA 1.45.531.1

Search This thread

germ38

Nov 13, 2010
louisiana
I have just done a experiment with the HTC OTA update/upgrade found here .... I'm one billion percent sure it's the very same HTC OTA update/upgrade as the OTA update/upgrade your get on your phone via Settings> About Phone> HTC Software updates...

What I did was put my T-Mobile HTC Sensation 4G all the way back to a stock {S-ON} mobile device, my goal was to bring it back to a rooted {S-OFF} mobile device via the above link HTC OTA update/upgrade from my SD Card, mission accomplished, don't let NOBODY fool you, the steps below works like a charm....

How to get OTA from your SD card:

1.\ When an update is available, let it download. After the download completes, when it asks for installing, give install later....

*A.\ You can manually place the OTA on your SD card and run the recover, just change the name to update ...

2.\ Connect your device in Storage mode and search the memory card for "OTA".....

How to Install OTA Manually:

1.\ Download OTA file

2.\ Rename it "update'' without quotation marks {not update.zip.zip}

3.\ Put on root of SD card

4.\ Boot phone into HBOOT

5.\ Select recovery

6.\ The KEY to making to it work...!

Press the volume up/volume down and power button, ALL 3 at the very same time, sounds crazy but it works... If you get a red triangle error keep trying, until you get the blue recovery screen and follow prompt... Next you will get a yellow screen, be patient let it run, it will look like it's not running, but it is running... You are almost finish, continue to follow the on screen prompts... Congratulation you have just install the HTC OTA update/upgrade via your SD Card.... Please Note: pay no attention to the cache error...!

7.\ Select "install update.zip from SD card"

8.\ Press power to select