[BETA][2.3+] Volume+ V1.9.0.1 - Save/Load Custom EQ Settings! - 8th April

Search This thread

andybfmv96

Nov 19, 2012
Volume+ currently works on Gingerbread (2.3) or higher but is currently incompatible with Jelly Bean (4.1).
It runs perfectly fine on my SGS3 running 4.0.4.

Also, here's the direct download link for v1.9.0.1 (I've added it to the first post too) - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/56466503/Builds/VolumePlusv1.9.0.1-FREE.apk

Actually I had it working for a very short amount of time on 4.1.2.. cm10 stable build 1 with ktonnsez latest kernel on my Verizon galaxy s 3.

A reboot killed it tho and I haven't gotten it since. I'm trying to reproduce it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

diestarbucks

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 23, 2009
Greensboro
Thread has been tidied up. Just an FYI, no one is forced to make a donation. Even in the OP it states "Donations are much appreciated (but not necessary)!" There is a free version available from the OP. Drop it.

boyheadkick

Oct 10, 2012
Davao City
so i installed it on my xperia sola stock 6.1.1.B.1.54 rooted locked bootloader, worked at first use..then i tweaked the volume toggle it suddenly force closed..tried to open it again kept force closing..cant open it anymore, always force closes :crying: i had hoped to get it working with ac!d audio..

edit: so unplugged the headset, it opened again..then i tried plugging in the headset and opened it, force closed again..probably conflicting with ac!d

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ONLY FOR PHONES RUNNING GINGERBREAD (Android 2.3) OR HIGHER!!!

After 2 weeks of solid coding (and not much sleep) the Beta is finally ready!
    Thank you to everyone on my twitter who has tested the incomplete version already!

For those of you who have no idea what this application does, let me summarise:
    Volume+ allows you to manually alter the 5 EQ bands in Android and also allows you to increase the volume multiplier to a maximum of 20 (it can go higher, but I've limited it to 20 for obvious reasons). I've included several EQ pre-sets too.
    In this latest version, I've added the option to save your custom EQ settings and load them again. This was the single most requested feature (and the most time consuming to code!). These options are available for the phone's main loudspeaker, the wired headset and your A2DP bluetooth headset.

Anyway, I hope you guys like it, and please post any bugs you find!
    Cheers.

3hhki.png
    ubyic.png
    34eeotz.png

Volume+ V1.9.0.1
    - Changed the package name, so hopefully you wont get any more irritating update messages from the Android Market (You'll have to uninstall any previous versions prior to installing this one)
    - Re-added the old drop down volume options, it seems to go louder this way for some reason
    - Other behind the scenes changes

Volume+ V1.9 Beta (RB4) updated 6:43 (BST). Fixed force close bug.
    - Seekbars modified further to look and function better.
    - Massive size reduction (151kb to 75kb).

Volume+ V1.9 Beta (RB3)
    - Seekbars (sliders) altered to work better on devices with small/large screens (Still not perfect, will be worked on more).
    - [BUGFIX] When you open the app, the 'EQ Presets' list would not load as disabled if the "Use Custom" checkbox was ticked. This has been fixed.
    - Size reduced (will be reduced further before release).

Volume+ V1.9 Beta (RB2)
    - Some slight code modifications
    - Removal of A LOT of crap
    - All debug messages removed (wont spam your logcat now)
    - Check added so you can only open headset/bluetooth settings when headset is plugged in or bluetooth device is connected.
    - UI Overhaul
    * Settings completely changed
    * Sliders automatically adjust to show pre-sets
    * Volume/BassBoost/Echo now controlled exclusively by the sliders
    * Tick the 'Custom EQ Settings' to enable the sliders
    - the ability to Save/Load/Delete custom settings added
    - Method of altering volume modified
    - Various behind-the-scenes changes

It should be fairly self explanetory, but don't hesitate to get in contact with me on here, via e-mail (dancassidy7@gmail.com) or on Twitter.

Thanks and Enjoy! :)

Meltus

1.9.0.1 Download Link
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/56466503/Builds/VolumePlusv1.9.0.1-FREE.apk
    UPDATE

Volume+ V1.9 Beta (RB4) - final beta
    - Seekbars modified further to look and function better.
    - Massive size reduction (151kb to 75kb).
    Works great, and the presets take the guess work out of it. Definitely sounds a lot different on my Gnex.

Edit: Sounds great through the speaker and all settings work. However, while using headphones there are no changes what so ever. I tried different settings but they all sound the same.

Thanks for the feedback!
    I'll flash the ROM you're using and see if I can replicate it.
    Thanks for the feedback everyone! :)
    It's much appreciated!
    Update

Volume+ V1.9.0.1
    - Changed the package name, so hopefully you wont get any more irritating update messages from the Android Market (You'll have to uninstall any previous versions prior to installing this one)
    - Re-added the old drop down volume options, it seems to go louder this way for some reason
    - Other behind the scenes changes

Download link in the first post :)