[ROM][AOSP][Nightly/Release] CarbonRom KitKat [n7000]

Search This thread

mattmanwrx

Aug 15, 2010
London
www.mattman.org
Hi all, I'm a Carbon Rom team member, and just got my hands on a second hand n7000, so am now the maintainer for this device...

When I get home I will root and flash carbon, and try to get the thread out into my name (for easier conscience (easier to see the OP))...

Matt

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

where can i find the launcher settings please ? i want hide the dock and google search bar ....

do notification bar and quick setting toggles get merged in tablet ui ?

We have the stock android launcher, install a 3rd party launcher (like Nova launcher) for your request..

The tab ui does have quick settings :)

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

I hope this rom stays w/o any music player...use your own music player is better than to have a primary bloat player.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

We took Apollo out as it was buggy... I know the stock android player is on the market, but not sure if it is available in all countries... I guess users can always get it from XDA though :)

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

Haven't tried the ROM yet (I'm downloading right now :D ) but +1, the swipe thingy is super awesome. Please add it :)

As said by moviecut, it is in the rom, you must swipe at the bottom bar (the bit that turns blue)

LAKAME_MAN

Jun 23, 2012
As said by moviecut, it is in the rom, you must swipe at the bottom bar (the bit that turns blue)

Yes, I know that, but swiping on the bottom bar is a bit hard because if you're not careful, you'll end up activating pie.
It's not a must have feature, but I'd be happy if we were able to swipe on the notification drawer itself, and not only on the bottom bar.
Once again, thank you for this super awesome ROM :D

Reactions: Tammerlan

mattmanwrx

Aug 15, 2010
London
www.mattman.org
Hi all, pretty quiet thread, but wondering if anyone has worked out how to add language packs.. I'm keen to get English (Australia) working as it effects some applications.

I looked at Locale in the market and it didnt work...

Matt

Strange, I have English (Australian) on my phone now (HTC one x) and they use the same language files, so it should be there... However, I cannot confirm until I actually flash carbon on the note later on tonight...

Reactions: dtswk

Tammerlan

Oct 30, 2012
Kyiv
swipe works! but it is on the bottom bar of the notification (the bit that turns blue) (i asked this in the irc-chat, thank you mattmanwerx for your answer!)

It actually little heps, its very narrow area and in the bottom of the screen. If u'r using pie (with "bottom gravity") u can't swipe that area at all... :rolleyes:
If swipe area was designed as total notification drawer area except current notifications rows it would be great!! :D

Reactions: moviecut

Inside 4ndroid

Dec 13, 2012
UK
i4studio.co.uk
Kernels?

hi is there a list of compatible kernel or will any aosp kenel work??

i only ask because on my n7000 the home key does not work and if i enable the navbar the home button still has no response??? is this a bug or is it kernel related??

Last edited:

hailmary

Jan 10, 2009
manila
www.facebook.com
Its nice to see a maintainer for the koolest rom thread....welcome matt... Nocoast the dev is too busy/lazy(joke) checking the reports of the commoners here...:D

Last edited:
Reactions: mattmanwrx
Feb 17, 2012
Issues after installation 1.6v. Need Help

This is my first rom installation ever. And I am liking this rom very much. Every thing is in working at amazing speed.

Installed 1.6v

But got few problems

1) Phone dial-er is crashing. It says Contacts has stopped.

2) Phone got hanged and went into dead mode 3 times in a day. Pressed the power for few seconds for restart and battery went to 10% from 70.

3) Screen got flicked (like brightness changed rapidly. It was ok after restart).

Please suggest any resolution.

Thanks

vj_zero

Jan 15, 2012
This is my first rom installation ever. And I am liking this rom very much. Every thing is in working at amazing speed.

Installed 1.6v

But got few problems

1) Phone dial-er is crashing. It says Contacts has stopped.

2) Phone got hanged and went into dead mode 3 times in a day. Pressed the power for few seconds for restart and battery went to 10% from 70.

3) Screen got flicked (like brightness changed rapidly. It was ok after restart).

Please suggest any resolution.

Thanks
just reflash the rom after full wipe
there must be something u missed
coz m on 1.6 since the day it was released and never faced any of the issues

Feb 17, 2012
I just flashed the 19 april nightly build as well still got the same problem in phone dialer. Still crashing but contacts as opening.

Should I do full wipe install again..?

SirRhor

I just flashed the 19 april nightly build as well still got the same problem in phone dialer. Still crashing but contacts as opening.

Should I do full wipe install again..?

Since you are saying this is your first time flashing a ROM, let me explain to you the steps you should follow, maybe you missed something along the way.

On Recovery (ClockWorkMod, or CWM) do the following:

- Do a "Wipe data/Factory Reset"
- Go to "Advanced" and then do a "Wipe Dalvik's Cache"
- Then go to "Mounts and Storage" and then wipe the following: "System" and "Preload"
- Flash the ROM
- Flash Gapps (Make sure you are using the lastest version: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip)
- Reboot

Let the phone reboot normally and don't touch it for at least 5 minutes until the ROM "settles" down, then continue with the configuration.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2012
Since you are saying this is your first time flashing a ROM, let me explain to you the steps you should follow, maybe you missed something along the way.

On Recovery (ClockWorkMod, or CWM) do the following:

- Do a "Wipe data/Factory Reset"
- Go to "Advanced" and then do a "Wipe Dalvik's Cache"
- Then go to "Mounts and Storage" and then wipe the following: "System" and "Preload"
- Flash the ROM
- Flash Gapps (Make sure you are using the lastest version: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip)
- Reboot

Let the phone reboot normally and don't touch it for at least 5 minutes until the ROM "settles" down, then continue with the configuration.

I followed exactly same steps as mentioned above. Except I did not waited for 5 minutes after installation. I started playing with the rom as soon as it booted up. Will try to do full wipe again

mattmanwrx

Aug 15, 2010
London
www.mattman.org
hi is there a list of compatible kernel or will any aosp kenel work??

i only ask because on my n7000 the home key does not work and if i enable the navbar the home button still has no response??? is this a bug or is it kernel related??

Flash latest gapps... Or it is a titanium backup restore of an apps data doing it...

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

I followed exactly same steps as mentioned above. Except I did not waited for 5 minutes after installation. I started playing with the rom as soon as it booted up. Will try to do full wipe again

Did u restore call list? Samsung has a different way of doing it than aosp, and if restoring call list, it will make contacts force close (enters a rejected call status, instead of just aosps received made and missed).. :)

audahadi

Oct 14, 2012
Dimana-mana
On 20th Apr nightlies..update from 1.6. Galery didn't show previous photo..only recent..also media storage didn't read ringtone@notification tones in internal sdcard..I try clear data/cache of galery and media storage..reboot...still the same..also try clear cache/dalvik in recovery...also didn't work.. Trying to avoid full wipe..any suggestion?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

Feb 17, 2012
Flash latest gapps... Or it is a titanium backup restore of an apps data doing it...

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

Did u restore call list? Samsung has a different way of doing it than aosp, and if restoring call list, it will make contacts force close (enters a rejected call status, instead of just aosps received made and missed).. :)

Yes I think that was the problem.. I did the full wipe again and this time I did not restore call list. Till now it's working like a charm

LAKAME_MAN

Jun 23, 2012
When I set a custom image as lockscreen wallpaper, the image is stretched vertically. I didn't have this issue before. I full wiped and flashed April 20th nightly, problem is still there. Please help. This is really big to me :(

Feb 17, 2012
Some Observation

Observations after installing Carbon rom : -

1) 200 MHz freq not in use at all instead 1400 & 800 MHz being used in usage of 7 hours.

2) Setting : Battery Status : Awake status bar not showing anything.. in usage for 7 hours.

Is this due to some performance settings.

If yes then I think phone is getting heated alot and battery is draining alot while using. Otherwise its gr8 there is no wakelock issue present

Please suggest

hypergamer1231

Jan 23, 2011
Mumbai
www.youtube.com
installed the version 1.6 and what should i say awesome battery life smooth fast no bugs at all......just had a question how do i use the pie feature and also i am planning on the stable version so will i miss any new features!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is there any way tro install snote on this rom

thanks a ton team...i am never going back to TW

dtswk

Dec 1, 2010
Canberra
Strange, I have English (Australian) on my phone now (HTC one x) and they use the same language files, so it should be there... However, I cannot confirm until I actually flash carbon on the note later on tonight...

Hi Matt did you get a chance to test it?

Screen shot below to prove my side.

Matt

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366492766555.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366492766555.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 202

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub. and on our Gerrit CarbonDev Gerrit.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features

All of our features can be found on our site here:

Carbon Features

Here are some screenshots:

Carbon Screenshots

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our website.

Carbon Downloads

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Carbon Changelog

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Find out here:

Carbon Team

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

Let's not argue here guys. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. If i contributed 0% code, I am sorry I couldn't do more.
    I tried to do everything to the best of my ability and I learnt a lot in the process.

Cheers :)
    ...Here is the new discussion thread for the CarbonRom n7000 releases....a new round of nightlies will be available in the morning. Kejar31, Morfic, and myself will continue to support the exynos4 line in spite of our fallen brother....Sadly we had to part ways with ToxicThunder...the details of this can be discussed elsewhere. Carbon is dedicated to continuing the advancement and development of the n7000 and i9100. (as well as all of our devices) Next nightly should be up on the servers in a few hours and i highly reccomend checking them out...
    Yes, while we work on 4.4 kitkat. .

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Hi all, I'm a Carbon Rom team member, and just got my hands on a second hand n7000, so am now the maintainer for this device...

When I get home I will root and flash carbon, and try to get the thread out into my name (for easier conscience (easier to see the OP))...

Matt

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

where can i find the launcher settings please ? i want hide the dock and google search bar ....

do notification bar and quick setting toggles get merged in tablet ui ?

We have the stock android launcher, install a 3rd party launcher (like Nova launcher) for your request..

The tab ui does have quick settings :)

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

I hope this rom stays w/o any music player...use your own music player is better than to have a primary bloat player.

We took Apollo out as it was buggy... I know the stock android player is on the market, but not sure if it is available in all countries... I guess users can always get it from XDA though :)

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

Haven't tried the ROM yet (I'm downloading right now :D ) but +1, the swipe thingy is super awesome. Please add it :)