Post Reply Email Thread
6th April 2014, 03:26 PM |#801  
Flag Lucerne
Thanks Meter: 2,339

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cu8eR

Please fix the call delay issue. My phone is useless, I dont need look up thing

I'm arfraid it won't be possible. The i9000 is a bit too slow for the heavy ROMs what all the KK are, with all their features. All KK roms cause call delay, unfortunatelly.

If that is so important, you can use SlimBean or ICS Mackay 2014, two of the very fastest ROMs made for our device.

tetakpatalked from my P5110

6th April 2014, 06:22 PM |#802  
Flag Olomouc
Thanks Meter: 62

More
I think it was working fine... at least in first betas of slimkat.

I think it is broken because of unkillable dialerUI - it was introduced in beta 2.4.
6th April 2014, 07:23 PM |#803  
Flag Hungary, Gy-M-S.
Thanks Meter: 1,022

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetakpatak

I'm arfraid it won't be possible. The i9000 is a bit too slow for the heavy ROMs what all the KK are, with all their features. All KK roms cause call delay, unfortunatelly.

If that is so important, you can use SlimBean or ICS Mackay 2014, two of the very fastest ROMs made for our device.

tetakpatalked from my P5110

I don't have any delay using a KK - ROM.

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én SM-N9005-el
6th April 2014, 07:25 PM |#804  
Thanks Meter: 580

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saszseb

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én SM-N9005-el

+1
6th April 2014, 07:40 PM |#805  
Flag Lucerne
Thanks Meter: 2,339

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saszseb

Cool, please share with those guys which ROM do you use

I was never bothered by just few seconds of delay to see who is calling. It takes me usually longer time to take out the phone of my pocket. But some people find it very important obviously.....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tetakpatak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tetakpatak Ad-Free
8th April 2014, 10:04 AM |#806  
Thanks Meter: 152

More
Somehow now the phone has become sluggish after version 4. I always clean installed every upgrade to the latest version. Perhaps this is the limit of this (used to be) powerful phone.
Nevertheless, thanks SlimTeam for always trying out something new for this old i9000.
8th April 2014, 11:07 AM |#807  
Thanks Meter: 147

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsinaga

Somehow now the phone has become sluggish after version 4. I always clean installed every upgrade to the latest version. Perhaps this is the limit of this (used to be) powerful phone.
Nevertheless, thanks SlimTeam for always trying out something new for this old i9000.

I tend to manually trigger a fstrim with lagfix and do a vacuum database after rom install, tends to speed things up a bit.
9th April 2014, 07:08 AM |#808  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 261

More
From SlimKat to CM9 to SlimBean4.3
Hi... For those who care, I wanted to share my journey to find the perfect ROM for my daily use. I was on SlimKat till recently and then on hearing rave reviews of kasper_h's CM9, tried that for a couple of days. Now I am on SlimBean 4.3 latest stable build.

SlimKat was quite smooth and managed RAM the best in my opinion. It was the best in all aspects, except the delay in incoming call showing up on the screen. This was the only reason and for me a major reason to move away from it.

CM9 by kasper_h was good, but I missed some features of KK that I had grow accustomed to and also it didn't support very many apps due to its smaller partitioning. The hack of using Datafix by Zatta somehow didn't work for me.

SlimBean 4.3 which I am on now, is a decent ROM with everything working, but its RAM management isn't as good as that of SlimKat. As a result, games, particularly Vector, runs slower on SlimBean than it did on SlimKat. But for me, since it shows up incoming calls instantly, it is a good 'phone ROM'.

The best ROM would be a KK ROM which can show up the incoming call instantly. So far no KK ROM has managed that. Can any of our esteemed devs port incoming call stuff from 4.3 or even 4.2.2 to 4.4? Just saying...!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gverma1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gverma1 Ad-Free
9th April 2014, 09:31 AM |#809  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gverma1

Hi... For those who care, I wanted to share my journey to find the perfect ROM for my daily use. I was on SlimKat till recently and then on hearing rave reviews of kasper_h's CM9, tried that for a couple of days. Now I am on SlimBean 4.3 latest stable build.

SlimKat was quite smooth and managed RAM the best in my opinion. It was the best in all aspects, except the delay in incoming call showing up on the screen. This was the only reason and for me a major reason to move away from it.

CM9 by kasper_h was good, but I missed some features of KK that I had grow accustomed to and also it didn't support very many apps due to its smaller partitioning. The hack of using Datafix by Zatta somehow didn't work for me.

SlimBean 4.3 which I am on now, is a decent ROM with everything working, but its RAM management isn't as good as that of SlimKat. As a result, games, particularly Vector, runs slower on SlimBean than it did on SlimKat. But for me, since it shows up incoming calls instantly, it is a good 'phone ROM'.

The best ROM would be a KK ROM which can show up the incoming call instantly. So far no KK ROM has managed that. Can any of our esteemed devs port incoming call stuff from 4.3 or even 4.2.2 to 4.4? Just saying...!

My journey got my back to Slim Bean 4.3.1 too. About as fast and almost same batter life as CM9 2014. CM9 missing too much Android features and too buggy (several reboots, many apps once started working slower, terrible Ram-management) .CM11 and SlimKat worked good, but almost half the battery life of Slim Bean latest stable.

In case of Ram problems use LMK to whitelist apps to prevent being kicked out of Ram. Works great but only on stock Slim/ Semaphore kernel. Use it for V4A and main weather widet. Don't know about games. Have better tablet for such kind of apps.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 (2013) met Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to juliatan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift juliatan Ad-Free
9th April 2014, 10:48 AM |#810  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Issue in connecting to Bluetooth Audio system in Car
I am on build 4 Stable. Along with the Call delay problem, facing another issue with bluetootk
I am unable to connect to my Sony player in Car, with build 3 Stable, it was working fine.
When Bluetooth is turned On, it is able to search all the other devices (phones) but Audio system in Car is not being listed in the results.

Did anyone else faced this issue. Any solutions??
9th April 2014, 10:04 PM |#811  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsinaga

Somehow now the phone has become sluggish after version 4. I always clean installed every upgrade to the latest version.

i noticed same thing on my i9000.
-ui constantly lags
-apps take 2s (ok) to 10s (very much meh) to load. and make ui suffer even more. i had no funky services in background.
-multitask menu bacground is sometimes missing.
-even the touch seems to lag, it sometimes feels like its one touch late. i never had this before.
-daily use of this v4 is like phone always telling you "heh f$$$ you, im busy doin' stuff in the background right now, come back later, dare to touch me again i will freeze for the next 5 seconds".
this is why i restored to v3. just my feedback. no offense or flame intended.

on the good side :browser seems a lot faster to display full web page than v3 and also blacklist calls works now and the phoning apk is much better than v3

i restored to v3 with everything about telephony and browser from v4. so far its gone smooth again
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
fast, i9000, kitkat, slim

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)