[ROM][CM10.2] OFFICIAL CM10.2 for E970

Search This thread

Shelnutt2

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 8, 2010
BACKUP YOUR EFS THROUGH FREEGEE AND/OR TWRP

cyanogenmod10.jpg

CM10.2 is here for the E970, aka the ATT LG Optimus G.

This is a source build rom, which includes all the latest changes from cm.

Instructions

This will boot on any version of e970 firmware. No need to lgnpst the jb bin anymore.

Download cm-10.2, and gapps. Put them on your sdcard, reboot to recovery. Flash, and enjoy!

The latest will be available at:
http://get.cm/?device=e970

Gapps:
Currently BaNkS Seems to work best:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2012857

Change Log

Current Version: 20130821
Changelog:
20130921:
First official nightly

20130820:
Fixed NFC by using jb NFC firmware for those with NFC issues.

20130818:
This is rebase against acree's e975 kernel and device tree.

Special Thanks To!

None of this would be possible without the following people:
acree
chadouming
thecubed
autoprime
sextape

Last edited:

mrpanic7

Apr 18, 2010
Been waiting for your build Shel thanks!

Sent from my LG-E970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

guapinoy

Jan 5, 2007
Everything is working great. Auto focus works, NFC, and ATT instead of Maritime. Thanks Shel!

Still thinking why this haven't been submitted so we can get official CM status.

mrpanic7

Apr 18, 2010
Google Voice

Has anyone been successful with Google Voice setup working? When I go thru the app setup process it says unable to verify call forwarding settings.

Also Focal F/C's when trying to swap to front facing camera and is also flipped upon opening.

Mar 20, 2009
Has anyone had any difficulty installing this? My phone just keeps spinning on the Cyanogenmod splash screen.

I've tried installing in CWM & TWRP.
I've cleared cache/data/system -- still does the same thing. I tried both the 18 & the 19 files.
I can install other ROMs (tested Houstonn's 4.3)

I'm not sure what else to try to get this thing to boot. I've let it sit for 10-15 minutes, which should definitely be more than enough time for it to boot. Any ideas?

Thanks!

MiZrY

Dec 15, 2011
California
Probably a dumb question but what is the difference between this one and dvhexer's?

Both are built from Cyanogen source, but are built with different local manifests. So probably different kernel, and probably some slightly different "under the hood" differences. Features should be the same since they both use Cyanogen source, unless they cherry picked other features... which I doubt they have at this point since having a nice stable cm10.2 and kernel for our device is most likely the main goal. Once that is achieved, it will make the base for many other ROM's with different features ect.

I have not examined the repo's much so I could be wrong though.

So flash away! All these dev's need us all to test their stuff out to smash the bugs.

EDIT: Actually, I believe there are two different sources for 4.3 so I'm not exactly sure if they both used the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: littleguy101

mrpanic7

Apr 18, 2010
Fixed in a new build dated 0819. I typoed sensors when I added sdcard to the mounts. Thus why sensors worked on 0818 but not 0819. They should be good to go now though.

As far as the two cm 10.2 builds for e970. This is based on stock kernel and acree's e975. Dvhexer's is based on mako.

Is that the one that was up this morning? I'm on that build and rotation still doesn't work.

jaynkc

Mar 26, 2013
st.catharines
Hey shell stupid question but will this build work for the Canadian e 971 thanks in advance

Sent from my Optimus G using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts