[FIX]Xposed framework lag

Search This thread

Poison423

Jul 2, 2014
Albany
Still Having Problems

Hey Everyone,
So after reading all the suggestions I did exactly what was recommended, Rooted using towelroot, all the SU good stuff, used build prop edit to modify the prop file to false, install xposed and then wiped health services and S health yet once S Health goes through its updates it force closes again. I dont know if there is anything else I can do or what else there is to get this working.

Thanks Guys

zoneblitz

May 7, 2013
Did you wipe the dalvik cache in SS or recovery after editing the build.prop and before clearing s health's data in app manager?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: Poison423

zoneblitz

May 7, 2013
I didnt, Now to do that I boot into recovery and it should be an option in there right?

Yes, I believe its "wipe cache" or something like that. I'm used to TWRP and safestrap with the GS5. Then just go back and clear the data for s health and you should be in business.

Poison423

Jul 2, 2014
Albany
Yes, I believe its "wipe cache" or something like that. I'm used to TWRP and safestrap with the GS5. Then just go back and clear the data for s health and you should be in business.

That didnt actually do it, I wiped the cache in recovery and still doesnt open after the update, I wonder what else it could be

djmouse

Dec 12, 2012
atlantic city
Try uninstalling the s health updates from app info,then from app info clear app data,don't update shealth but open and see if you can set it up and get it working with out force closing,then try updating,I forget exactly how I did it ,but it was something along those lines,I never did any build prop change,and it's working flawlessly.

Poison423

Jul 2, 2014
Albany
Try uninstalling the s health updates from app info,then from app info clear app data,don't update shealth but open and see if you can set it up and get it working with out force closing,then try updating,I forget exactly how I did it ,but it was something along those lines,I never did any build prop change,and it's working flawlessly.

See thats what doesnt make sense, before i update s health everything works great, i can set it up. It seems like its the update that screws with it and thats when it starts to force close.

djmouse

Dec 12, 2012
atlantic city
Try uninstalling xposed and shealth, then install one or the other and vise versa ,one of the ways it will work
I just checked my build prop and the line is false but I never manually did that,may be from the developer options,or the security options.

Last edited:

zoneblitz

May 7, 2013
That didnt actually do it, I wiped the cache in recovery and still doesnt open after the update, I wonder what else it could be

Are you using something like root explorer to mount the build.prop, edit it and save the file?

I already had xposed installed when I did all this to fix it, but I also had safestrap flashed. I opened build.prop with root explorer in text edit mode and changed the true to false, then saved the file. I then rebooted into safestrap and did wipe/advance wipe/ and checked the dalvik cache and wiped. Then I rebooted back in and delete s healths data. I remember when I tried to open s health prior to all that, it told me health update or something like that also had to update. Is it possible you have that frozen or deleted and its a necessary function for s health? I'm also running the kool kit deoxed debloated ROM from the development section.

Poison423

Jul 2, 2014
Albany
Try uninstalling xposed and shealth, then install one or the other and vise versa ,one of the ways it will work
I just checked my build prop and the line is false but I never manually did that,may be from the developer options,or the security options.

alright ill give it a shot see what happens, Its weird how every device seems to handle it differently

Poison423

Jul 2, 2014
Albany
Are you using something like root explorer to mount the build.prop, edit it and save the file?

I already had xposed installed when I did all this to fix it, but I also had safestrap flashed. I opened build.prop with root explorer in text edit mode and changed the true to false, then saved the file. I then rebooted into safestrap and did wipe/advance wipe/ and checked the dalvik cache and wiped. Then I rebooted back in and delete s healths data. I remember when I tried to open s health prior to all that, it told me health update or something like that also had to update. Is it possible you have that frozen or deleted and its a necessary function for s health? I'm also running the kool kit deoxed debloated ROM from the development section.

See i dont have safestrap flashed or any other recovery flashed I was worried id screw it up so i dont have that. Im also using the stock rom. I mean it should work with the original stuff. If not how hard was it to get ss flashed to it?

zoneblitz

May 7, 2013
See i dont have safestrap flashed or any other recovery flashed I was worried id screw it up so i dont have that. Im also using the stock rom. I mean it should work with the original stuff. If not how hard was it to get ss flashed to it?

Easy, if you have an external SD card. Just go here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2794087

Follow the instructions in the first post. Then you can use it to flash the Roms in development.

Poison423

Jul 2, 2014
Albany
Easy, if you have an external SD card. Just go here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2794087

Follow the instructions in the first post. Then you can use it to flash the Roms in development.

Thank you to everyone! Im pretty new to rooting, I used to do it long ago the hard way, then took a trip to the iphone world. Soooo im back haha but im out of the loop when it comes to troubleshooting these little problems and I would be mad if i bricked my new phone

Update:
It finally worked. I installed ss, wiped the dalvik installed xposed and then cleared the data for S Health and Health services. Still Forced closed, so I wiped dalvik again and low and behold it worked. Everything is updated and working now. Thanks again

Last edited:

zoneblitz

May 7, 2013
Thank you to everyone! Im pretty new to rooting, I used to do it long ago the hard way, then took a trip to the iphone world. Soooo im back haha but im out of the loop when it comes to troubleshooting these little problems and I would be mad if i bricked my new phone

Update:
It finally worked. I installed ss, wiped the dalvik installed xposed and then cleared the data for S Health and Health services. Still Forced closed, so I wiped dalvik again and low and behold it worked. Everything is updated and working now. Thanks again

Awesome. Glad you got it working. You can make a backup in safestrap now, too. If you haven't already.

lee harvey

Aug 28, 2014
Worked for me even though I jacked up the steps:
Had the apps deleted already,changed true to false with ES File Explorer, reinstalled S Health, didnt work- forgot to reboot, rebooted and works fine. S Health does seem to load a little slow but otherwise has no issues. Thanks for the help!

On At&T SM-G900A, towelroot, Xposed

jayayuyang

Jun 26, 2013
Manama
Xposed messing-up with internet browsers

just recently that i experienced lag or page not loading in my S5 (whether the stock Internet browser, Chrome, Firefox) I did a wipe data/factory reset to my device and I didn't install the Xposed framework immediately so net browsing was fast and no issue. Then I tried to install the Xposed and its modules and after few times of internet browsing, the problem came back. I uninstalled the Xposed framework and its modules, and the net browsers are working fine again. does anybody experience this issue?

PS: and now that i completely uninstalled the Xposed Framework, i edited the build.prop and changed the "false" into '"true" so the Private Mode worked fine but the S-Health didn't, so i had to revert it because i need the S-health more, S-health works fine now but Private Mode is failing.

Rakuu

Jun 16, 2014
Houston
just recently that i experienced lag or page not loading in my S5 (whether the stock Internet browser, Chrome, Firefox) I did a wipe data/factory reset to my device and I didn't install the Xposed framework immediately so net browsing was fast and no issue. Then I tried to install the Xposed and its modules and after few times of internet browsing, the problem came back. I uninstalled the Xposed framework and its modules, and the net browsers are working fine again. does anybody experience this issue?

PS: and now that i completely uninstalled the Xposed Framework, i edited the build.prop and changed the "false" into '"true" so the Private Mode worked fine but the S-Health didn't, so i had to revert it because i need the S-health more, S-health works fine now but Private Mode is failing.
Almost all of this is detailed in the op, anything missing is in posts in the thread.

GR4V3L

Dec 4, 2014
Had this exact problem when I was rooted. Thought it was only me :p

Sent from AT&T Galaxy S5 running off Android 4.4.2 (unrooted)

veeru153

Jan 13, 2016
Honor 6X
Xiaomi Poco F1
Hey
Sorry to bring this thread up again but does anyone have any idea how to do it on a S3. I couldn't find the ro.securestorage.support=true line anywhere.
I installednit yesterday and my device lagged like hell.
Device Info
SGS3 SHV-E210K
Kitkat 4.4.4
Stock Rom
Rooted

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those who expirienced lag/slowness after installing the Xposed framework with no modules or anything, here is a solution:

1. Uninstall Xposed framework
    2. Go in /system and open build.prop in a text editor
    3. go to the line ( “ro.securestorage.support=true” ) and change it to false
    4. Install the xposed framework
    5. Clear the app data for S-Health and HealthService
    6. Reboot

Credit for this fix goes to cokenet in this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2768445

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Just for others' future reference. To fix S health

1. Make sure the Xposed isn’t installed.
    2. We need to change build.prop file inside the system partition, you can also get it done manually by using a file manager app or get a build prop editor on play store.
    3. Once you find the build.prop file, look for the “ro.securestorage.support=true” line.
    4. Now change the line to “ro.securestorage.support=false”.
    5. Install the Xposed framework again.
    6. The final step is wiping S Health app data, head to System -> App Manager -> ALL -> S Health then wipes the data. Now your Galaxy S5 should be able to runs Xposed framework and S Health simultaneously without any problems.
    http://www.andromods.com/fix-troubleshoot/fix-xposed-framework-shealth-problem-galaxy-s5.html
    My solution was to reboot into the recovery, wipe cache and reboot. Not sure if its just temporary, but it seems to work :cool:
    Off-topic: What if I want to use S Health and Xposed? I know Xposed breaks S Health...

It doesn't actually. It's an incompatible dependency. There have been a number of threads on the subject, so do a search to confirm the details, but I believe it was the ro.securestorage.support=false property that resolves the issue.
    So how do we clear dalvik and cache without a custom recovery? Never did that before. :)

-- Sent from my AT&T GS5 using Tapatalk VIP