Android 4.0.X for Streak7 [WIP] [CM9][TEMP CLOSED]

Search This thread

giveen

Jul 6, 2010
Caldwell, ID
What is the problem with battery? A couple tweaks of Andorid settings and battery life is improved.
Internal memory is still connected till I fix the fuse. Flashing method will not change for now.

Reactions: nnkovt

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
Bit of a noobish question: where is the voltage table located in the kernel source?
ICS has abysmal battery life even with no apps installed (beyond the core gapps),
I'm currently looking at ~8% loss an hour with nothing installed/wifi off/idleing on 5.0.1, while 514 I average ~0.6%/hour with same settings (interactive 1000/216 stock voltages)

I'm looking at UVing and the stock max voltage is 1450mV@1000mHz while the G2x is 1000mV@1000mHz. (The G2x is also a T2, but i dont know if it's a T20 or AP20H)
While I dont expect that we can directly mirror it, I wonder if if this is related? What's the stock voltage table on 506/7?

A cursory run of performance 1250mV@1000mHz is stable, I'm going to play with UVing my S7 and see if i cant improve battery life.
Edit: 1100mV@1000mHz seems to be 'stable' in that it can survive multiple rounds of the cpu benchmark in quadrant
Edit2: even 950mV@1000mHz seems 'stable', going to try -500mV across the board, and see if it's stable.

Edit3: Going to try using system in this state, 1000mHz and 216mHz seem stable, assuming intermediate values are also stable
b0Pxf.png

(Note to others: UVing is like OVing/OCing: it's very individial device dependant, regardless 1400mV sounds very high)
Reading material: Tegra OC/UV Voltage (my baseline)

(everything is under the implicit assumption that the voltage modding in the kernel actually works as described)

Last edited:

webdroidmt

Dec 20, 2011
NJ
CM commit???

Hi giveen,

I'm probably just taking a shot in the dark here but... Early in the year on my Kindle Fire, a CM commit broke Netflix for CM9, all you got was a black screen. Turned out there was a commit (stagefright) that was causing this. CM put out a patch a few days later that fixed it and was eventually merged

I'm bringing this up because I'm currently on B5.1 and as you know, Netflix just has audio with a black screen. Upon reading through this thread, I saw that Netflix worked in B4, so I flashed B4 and Netflix did indeed work. I'm thinking that if it worked on B4, why not B5.1??? I'm no dev and like I said, probably just taking a shot in the dark but figured nothing to lose by asking. :)

Thanks for all your work on the Streak, it's appreciated.

Mike T

Here's the link to the CM commit from May 21st in question.

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/16321/1

Last edited:

giveen

Jul 6, 2010
Caldwell, ID
Hi giveen,

I'm probably just taking a shot in the dark here but... Early in the year on my Kindle Fire, a CM commit broke Netflix for CM9, all you got was a black screen. Turned out there was a commit (stagefright) that was causing this. CM put out a patch a few days later that fixed it and was eventually merged

I'm bringing this up because I'm currently on B5.1 and as you know, Netflix just has audio with a black screen. Upon reading through this thread, I saw that Netflix worked in B4, so I flashed B4 and Netflix did indeed work. I'm thinking that if it worked on B4, why not B5.1??? I'm no dev and like I said, probably just taking a shot in the dark but figured nothing to lose by asking. :)

Thanks for all your work on the Streak, it's appreciated.

Mike T

Here's the link to the CM commit from May 21st in question.

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/16321/1
I"m not sure. Between Beta 4 and 5 we lost a lot of information and we basically had to rebuild Steve's work. The patch is obviously integrated but I am going to say we are either missing DRM or necessary video stuff.

Reactions: webdroidmt

ElfinJNoty

Jun 25, 2009
New Haven, CT
www.blissroms.com
LG G4
OnePlus 6
I wonder if i can resurrect this ?

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk
@DJ_Steve !!!!!!!!!!!!
Yesssssss please come back!
I've got my Streak7 sitting on its dock on my desk(unplugged and off) after recently moving to a new apartment and would love to get it resurrected!
Please let me know if you can/will have a look at bringing this thing back to life :)
If nothing else, perhaps you have some old nvflash files laying around?

DJ_Steve

Apr 10, 2007
sunderland
www.dmpwap.net
@DJ_Steve !!!!!!!!!!!!
Yesssssss please come back!
I've got my Streak7 sitting on its dock on my desk(unplugged and off) after recently moving to a new apartment and would love to get it resurrected!
Please let me know if you can/will have a look at bringing this thing back to life :)
If nothing else, perhaps you have some old nvflash files laying around?
Think ive still got all the nvflash ones lol
No streak7 anymore tho so ill be devving blind if i do

ElfinJNoty

Jun 25, 2009
New Haven, CT
www.blissroms.com
LG G4
OnePlus 6
Think ive still got all the nvflash ones lol
No streak7 anymore tho so ill be devving blind if i do

Please feel free to hit me up on Hangouts or pm me on XDA.
I will gladly test anything you have to offer.
Given tried to carry your torch as best he could... Till it got to the point of needing a kernel overhaul. I don't need to give ya a whole story, you can read how all the posts died down. Someone shipped a device to a fella as a donation for some kernel work, but then nothing came of it. KitKat came with better optimization for low end devices, but nothing would build with the kernel so far behind. I had someone take a look at the kernel with me(blindly) and it was missing some basic modules for logging. We couldn't even get a lastkmsg from it to try and debug a bootloop. Tried repacking the kernel with proper modules but it wouldn't boot, then the fella gave up trying to help me :(

I'd love it if I could have anything jb or better for a stable but limited usage. Mainly as a remote control(Kodi) and music player. Really basic usage.

What I have on it now is cm10.1 with gapps and very few apps. It is very unstable, reboots itself just sitting in standby occasionally. Don't think it actually sleeps. When powered on, CPU is maxed all the time. And typical tablet usage is painstakingly slow.

I have a twrp backup just after a fresh install of ROM and gapps.
I'd need to get drivers and relevant files downloaded again(new laptop since last working on it over a year ago).

Please let me know if you have any time to do some charity work ;) and welcome back to XDA

Sent from my LG G4 using XDA Labs

DJ_Steve

Apr 10, 2007
sunderland
www.dmpwap.net
Please feel free to hit me up on Hangouts or pm me on XDA.
I will gladly test anything you have to offer.
Given tried to carry your torch as best he could... Till it got to the point of needing a kernel overhaul. I don't need to give ya a whole story, you can read how all the posts died down. Someone shipped a device to a fella as a donation for some kernel work, but then nothing came of it. KitKat came with better optimization for low end devices, but nothing would build with the kernel so far behind. I had someone take a look at the kernel with me(blindly) and it was missing some basic modules for logging. We couldn't even get a lastkmsg from it to try and debug a bootloop. Tried repacking the kernel with proper modules but it wouldn't boot, then the fella gave up trying to help me :(

I'd love it if I could have anything jb or better for a stable but limited usage. Mainly as a remote control(Kodi) and music player. Really basic usage.

What I have on it now is cm10.1 with gapps and very few apps. It is very unstable, reboots itself just sitting in standby occasionally. Don't think it actually sleeps. When powered on, CPU is maxed all the time. And typical tablet usage is painstakingly slow.

I have a twrp backup just after a fresh install of ROM and gapps.
I'd need to get drivers and relevant files downloaded again(new laptop since last working on it over a year ago).

Please let me know if you have any time to do some charity work ;) and welcome back to XDA

Sent from my LG G4 using XDA Labs

been back on xda a while working on other devices, only main reason i left all the dell dev is because of some personal reasons,

i would be intrigued to try and get some logs from the current rom your running like

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for any damage or problems caused to your device or yourself by flashing this BETA build.
    This is known not to be fully retail quality software and therefore is expected to have bugs and problems

The Team
    snargledorf - Kernel/Research/Developer
    Giveen - Kernel/Research/Noob/PR/Developer
    DJ_Steve - ROM/Kernel/Developer

Info:
    Android 4.0.4
    Kernel: 2.6.36.3

GPL stuff:
    https://github.com/Team-Streak

Working
    Code:
    Wifi
    GApps
    Audio
    Touchscreen
    Superuser
    Rotation Sensors
    Capacitive buttons
    GPU Accleration
    GPS
    ADB

Not Working
    Code:
    3G/4G Radios
    Camera

If you have a rooted HC on stock partition you can use this .zip for CWR that TheManii put together
    http://d-h.st/xn6

DJ_Steve = for all your hardwork in this project, without you, it wouldn't have been done.
    Rayman
    Cyanogenmod

TO DO
    Camera
    Radios

13z1xz5.jpg

So I've made a little bit of progress.

Working:
    Wifi (new)
    Internal and external sd cards (new)
    Touchscreen

Broken:
    Bluetooth
    3G? (Not sure since I have a wifi only streak, but I am almost positive it is)
    Locking/sleeping (Still causes the device to reboot)
    Screen rotation

Things to-do (In order of priority):
    1. Fix reboots
    2. Fix bluetooth
    3. Fix screen rotation
    4. Anything else I find

Still not ready to send out test builds because of the reboots. Once I get those squared away I will probably start working with Giveen and Manii on a release ready alpha build.
    snargledorf is the man....
    AyBMSZwCQAA62a-.jpg
    So I'm going to ask the same question as the others have, is the camera issue still being worked on or has that been given up on until Dell releases some development parts? I can handle lag and I'm on wifi only so the 3g/4g radios is no problem but the camera part is a deal killer for me. I use the camera, at least the front one, to talk to my family. Has anyone tried to enlist the help of droidhive? Those guys had ICS on the razor and the bionic working fully before moto released anything. Not trying to get in the way our tell you how to do anything, just looking to find you some help.

Sent from a Hacked, Modded and customized Streak 7

I actually have made some huge progress on the camera HAL. For the longest time we got "cannot connect to camera" and in the logcat I would see "cannot locate camera HAL" but I am no longer seeing this as I work toward camera working.

I actually get camera app up and running but just see a black screen.
    only reason it says betelgeues as device is thats the market id its using as im using a heavily modded device tree based off that one otherwise its custom