AT&T Release Date???

Search This thread

NardVa

Mar 20, 2011
You think so, why? I am considering buying from the USA as I am not crazy about the white model, only one available in Canada.

Sent from my Desire Z using the XDA App

A lot of people will use their upgrade on the phone then try and flip the phone on Ebay for profit. They will have to sell the phone for less than 550.00 since AT&T sells it 550.00. If you are patient enough you will be able to get one under 500.00.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using xda premium

Reactions: David Dee

fungflex

Oct 19, 2005
Denville, NJ
You think so, why? I am considering buying from the USA as I am not crazy about the white model, only one available in Canada.

I think it will take a few weeks to be below 500, but if go on HowardForums or Craiglist you might find one earlier. Overall, it will be probably $500 or so in about 3-4 weeks on ebay.

Reactions: David Dee

David Dee

Nov 12, 2010
Toronto
A lot of people will use their upgrade on the phone then try and flip the phone on Ebay for profit. They will have to sell the phone for less than 550.00 since AT&T sells it 550.00. If you are patient enough you will be able to get one under 500.00.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using xda premium

Awesome, I am not a contract person so I never contemplated that. I am happy to guarantee anyone upgrading a risk free $200 profit for brand new in the box, grey. :)

David Dee

Nov 12, 2010
Toronto
considering you're on the One X forum, I don't think you'll find someone willing to flip it, but hey you might get lucky.

Lol, will search more seriously after launch. My highly customized Desire Z is running very well until then and I imagine solid development will take a month or so to really start rolling for this phone... As I would want to drop Sense and run stock aosp asap :)

x3phyr

Jul 8, 2010
Saranac, Michigan
Lol, will search more seriously after launch. My highly customized Desire Z is running very well until then and I imagine solid development will take a month or so to really start rolling for this phone... As I would want to drop Sense and run stock aosp asap :)

aosp asap is mouthful. say that five times fast. But yeah, I feel ya. I feel like I could deal with sense... for a moment or two.

mr2sweet

Apr 17, 2010
Help me preorder

Please excuse my newbness....I have never ordered or upgraded my phone online through at&t. I have the $30 unlimited data plan that was grandfathered in when i bought my inspire 4g. Im eligible for an upgrade and was wondering how to upgrade my device to the htc one x. I get as far as clicking on the preorder button, but then it won't let me check out. It wants me to add a data plan even though I already have the grandfathered plan on my line. Is there any way to get the site to recognize that and check out, or what do I need to do to finish the preorder. I'm afraid if i select a new data plan that it will add extra data plans to my account. Someone please provide some instructions so I can preorder. Thank you.

Artimus009

Apr 30, 2011
Jacksonvillle
Please excuse my newbness....I have never ordered or upgraded my phone online through at&t. I have the $30 unlimited data plan that was grandfathered in when i bought my inspire 4g. Im eligible for an upgrade and was wondering how to upgrade my device to the htc one x. I get as far as clicking on the preorder button, but then it won't let me check out. It wants me to add a data plan even though I already have the grandfathered plan on my line. Is there any way to get the site to recognize that and check out, or what do I need to do to finish the preorder. I'm afraid if i select a new data plan that it will add extra data plans to my account. Someone please provide some instructions so I can preorder. Thank you.

I would call and ask for assistance for online ordering. Most of the time they'll adjust the account as soon as it pops up on their screen or they'll process the order for you. If all else fails, go to a corporate store.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA

b5t28

Jun 12, 2009

Click to add a dataplan, and scroll to the bottom it will allow you to select "Unlimited Personal Data Plan for 4g LTE smartphones". I was confused because it's like the very last selection on the list, I think they're trying to catch people snoozing and trap them into changing their dataplan.

E

E.Cadro

Click to add a dataplan, and scroll to the bottom it will allow you to select "Unlimited Personal Data Plan for 4g LTE smartphones". I was confused because it's like the very last selection on the list, I think they're trying to catch people snoozing and trap them into changing their dataplan.
That's exactly what I was going to say I had to scroll down to find my current data plan.

Sent from wherever I am!

mr2sweet

Apr 17, 2010
So if I select the unlimited personal data for LTE smartphones plan.....then it won't add an extra data plan to my line? What will happen?

E

E.Cadro

So if I select the unlimited personal data for LTE smartphones plan.....then it won't add an extra data plan to my line? What will happen?

Correct it's just making confirm your current data plan. But if your still not comfortable with it just call customer service and do it via phone or go to a corporate store and pre order direct from there

Sent from wherever I am!

amswak

Jul 23, 2010
Los Angeles

I had a family unlimited data plan. They said in the store I had to change it to unlimited LTE data plan. I asked what the difference was and they said no difference in the cost or the amount where it throttles back, it is just different in their system. So yes, I think they are trying to force people out of older grandfathered plans, but my plan was less than a year old so there was no real impact for me.

chaosjh

Jan 20, 2009
Bentonville home of Wally world
I had a family unlimited data plan. They said in the store I had to change it to unlimited LTE data plan. I asked what the difference was and they said no difference in the cost or the amount where it throttles back, it is just different in their system. So yes, I think they are trying to force people out of older grandfathered plans, but my plan was less than a year old so there was no real impact for me.

actually the unlimited lte get 5gb before throttle, the other is 3gb. they announced it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just got notified that we are having a merchandising reset on 4/22, It also mentions that more information will be available about the reset on 4/18.
    I just read on the other Android HTC One X forums that this poster from AT&T customer care couldn't find any info on the release date for HTC One X. They searched everything including the "AT&T Insider," everything is promoting the Lumia 900 and Titan II. This is conflicting info against EGBTMagus. Any thoughts??? I really hope EGBTMagus is right with the 4/22 release date!!!! I've been waiting ever since I heard about it at MWC!!!!

Customer Care from AT&T never takes training's on devices so other then official announcements they wouldn't know anything.

I just want to be clear, I am not saying it will be 100% released on the 22nd. Just 6 years with the company I know what to look for when a new device launches. I can be wrong and AT&T just pull a device without replacing it (wouldn't be the first time but rarely does it happen). Also HTC only has 2 Android devices with AT&T. If they discontinue one of their best sellers they would need something to fill the gap.

SkizzMcNizz, If you are about to run your course with your return period then don't blame me if my guess is wrong.

Heres the entire email...
    EGBTMagus, do you still think the April 22nd date is a possibility? Everything seems to be pointing at that date. Have you been able to find it in your system yet?

Yes its totally possible. On Wednesday our merchandising reset site will be updated to reflect 4/22 so I will know more then. Only problem is im off the next two days so I wont be able to confirm anything till Thursday which we will get a confirmation by then hopefully.
    1516195 allinger

At&t releases phones on Sundays twice a month. The 22nd is one if those days. As longs as I have known it has never been different other than with the iPhone.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

I know that. The Marketing, commercials, bill boards and magazine ads, web ads are not to be released to ATT until the following day. My office is not open on Sunday. We have a meeting with ATT corporate to go over the ads for the Florida market on Mon.

Ads for products are marketed usually to a regions demographic. ATT has their own marketing dept for the entire US. They already have a commercial and ads for the phone. I seen them last week. We are being told to go with '4G' as the main selling point. Since Florida has a good bit of 4G areas already available, especially in central FL, Tampa and Orlando.
    I'm an AT&T Employee and just completed a training for the HTC One XL... we have a store reset on April 22nd (which usually means new devices since we pull EOL devices). I'm gonna guess that might be the release date also since the HTC Inspire is finally coming off the wall and last time I talked to the HTC Rep they said that when the Inspire is done the Vivid will replace its price range and the One XL will replace the Vivid.