[ROM][05/05/2012][HOLD] LightSense 1.2 ~ fast ~ light in ram ~ UV ~ volume track skip

Search This thread

nagash91

Nov 25, 2008
Now unity V8 is working good, flash lag is present only in market camera application (like lgCamera pro) but with htc camera I can take good picture with flash in the darkness.

Also the first time I tried unity v8 I found no flash lag, but the day after I have flash lag without any change to the kernel or camera app..

I'll try this kernel again for some days :D

masterismos

Sep 13, 2011
Nafpaktos
Now unity V8 is working good, flash lag is present only in market camera application (like lgCamera pro) but with htc camera I can take good picture with flash in the darkness.

Also the first time I tried unity v8 I found no flash lag, but the day after I have flash lag without any change to the kernel or camera app..

I'll try this kernel again for some days :D

I'm using this kernel too and looks ok.

send from other space

nagash91

Nov 25, 2008
Building new version 1.1!!
A lot of new stuff!!

- Volume rocker skip songs from CM!! (THANKS TO matheusvilela and Iperzampem0 )
- New kernel! (virtuous V8, for now the only kernel without bug with UV VDD)
- JPEG Quality increased in camera!
- Little bug fix for htc Albums (gallery)
- autofix for sim unlock installed (don't need to flash the fix for 1.0 over version 1.1)
- a lot of other things

Last edited:

Jan 13, 2011
first one :D . ! downloading now !

edit : i still got the com.android.phone force closing message after applied 1.1.

Last edited:
I am still on your previous version (wow long time for me on a rom ;) ) but can I flash over with only dalvic cache and cache wipe or is this as always try at your own risk :D

Edit: just installed with only 2 wipes and seems to be working fine so far! Thanks for the update! Superfast en great multitasking rom!

Last edited:

nagash91

Nov 25, 2008
first one :D . ! downloading now !

edit : i still got the com.android.phone force closing message after applied 1.1.

The problem is here if you unlock your device before 20 - 30 seconds from boot.
If you wait, the problem is solved.
For now I can't find a better solution, but in this way if you have your sim locked with pin, you can unlock waiting 20 - 30 seconds.

If you don't have sim locked, the fc is not a problem.

BTW 1.1 can be installed over 1.0!

PS: Perhaps there is a bug on GPS feature. Try to use gps (without wifi location, disable it in options) and see if it works! If it doesn't works tell me and I'll upload fix in 1 day

Last edited:

Carlovn

Feb 5, 2009
maybe i'm the only one but i have the following problem:

when installing an app i downloaded true playstore it reboots itself....

nagash91

Nov 25, 2008
maybe i'm the only one but i have the following problem:

when installing an app i downloaded true playstore it reboots itself....

It happens 1 time or every time that you download an app?
Probably the playstore that I pushed in the rom isn't the last release, so it update the first time you use it.

Carlovn

Feb 5, 2009
It happens 1 time or every time that you download an app?
Probably the playstore that I pushed in the rom isn't the last release, so it update the first time you use it.

i was a bit to early in to comment.further testing shows that the system just reboots when it's performing a heavy task.

Maybe the new kernel? or some other tweak?

Reactions: ignael

=JKT=

Mar 19, 2012
Hamilton
i was a bit to early in to comment.further testing shows that the system just reboots when it's performing a heavy task.

Maybe the new kernel? or some other tweak?

Is the kernel undervolted by default, or have you undervolted it? Some CPU's can't handle undervolting as well as others. try downloading incredicontrol from the market (hopefully it won't reboot =/ ) then bump everything up 25 or 50 mv and see if it still reboots.

P.s. if you have a cpu control app installed, lower your max freq before you install the app. It's probably one of your higher freq's that is the problem.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA

nagash91

Nov 25, 2008
Do we have a solution for this? I just downloaded this rom and it is creating a lot of re-boots.

I'm doing a full wipe. I'll test this problem now.
But I don't understand the issue: android reboot itself or the play store reboot?
edit: ok the problem is here, android reboot installing apk from market and from sdcard.
This is a strange issue, I can't understand.
Installing v1.1 over v1.0 the problem isn't present.

Trying to fix now, I think I'll make version 1.2 soon, fixing gps bug and apk bug.
Thanks for reporting!

Last edited:

kmmerwana

Dec 2, 2010
Bangalore
I'm doing a full wipe. I'll test this problem now.
But I don't understand the issue: android reboot itself or the play store reboot?
edit: ok the problem is here, android reboot installing apk from market and from sdcard.
This is a strange issue, I can't understand.
Installing v1.1 over v1.0 the problem isn't present.

Trying to fix now, I think I'll make version 1.2 soon, fixing gps bug and apk bug.
Thanks for reporting!

Thanks a lot buddy. Installed it but android rebooting was too much to deal with. So went to the original sense GB ROM. Will eagerly wait for your update coz in the five minutes that I used the rom, I swear I haven't seen anything as fast as this.

nagash91

Nov 25, 2008
Found the bug, you can easily fix yourself. Official update and fix tomorrow

I have found the problem.. it was easy but I wasted a lot of time to find it :D

The problem is the permission of /data/app and/or /data/ folder!!
To solve the problem you have to set /data/app and /data/ folder to rwx rwx --x with chmod or with ES File Explorer:

- in settings you can enable "root exploring" for ES File Explorer, then you have to navigate to root folder, hold the /data/ folder and set permissions for this folder!

- otherwise execute this commands in terminal or with adb shell:
chmod 771 /data/
chmod 771 /data/app/

chmod 775 /data/
chmod 777 /data/app/

BTW I'll make a fixed version soon (v1.1.1 I think), and I'll make a flashable_update for update from 1.1 to 1.1.1.

v1.1.1 will include fix for /data/ folder and the old gps settings (newer won't works.. you can use the new gps settings for faster gps fix flashing the mod. I'll link the xda thread in the first post).

I think also to remove all tweak from build.prop, and make one or more update.zip for installing and test tweak, so we can see the differences and report what is good and what is bad: I don't know if all of these tweak are good, like gprs class set to 10.

---
I'm very happy for this rom!
I never thought to find so fast the way to skip song with volume rocker!
I love this feature and before making this rom I had stopped to try a way to skip songs in sense roms. I think this is the first sense rom for vision with this feature here in XDA!

This feature is very important to me, when I'm driving a car or motorbike I can skip songs without pull out the phone. This is comfortable!! And also I do not get distracted from driving.
It should be present in every rom :D
I hope it is useful not only to me :D

Thanks again to Iperzampem0 and matheusvilela for making this mod to skip songs.

Last edited:
Reactions: =JKT=

kmmerwana

Dec 2, 2010
Bangalore
The problem is the permission of /data/app and/or /data/ folder!!
To solve the problem you have to set /data/app and /data/ folder to rwx rwx --x with chmod or with ES File Explorer:

- in settings you can enable "root exploring" for ES File Explorer, then you have to navigate to root folder, hold the /data/ folder and set permissions for this folder!

- otherwise execute this commands in terminal or with adb shell:
chmod 771 /data/
chmod 771 /data/app/

you can use 777 "If you want to play it safe", but in v1.0 rom permission are rwx rwx --x (so 771)

[/U][/I]

Tried installing again and followed this process. But did not help. I guess I will wait for your new version.

nagash91

Nov 25, 2008
Tried installing again and followed this process. But did not help. I guess I will wait for your new version.

Sorry, in this days I'm very busy.
On monday I'll have an exam :D

BTW I was wrong.. won't works with 771 on /data/app/

you have to use 777.
I'm sorry for wasting your time on trying.
I should check better before upload rom.

I was too exited to wait :D

BTW with chmod 777 /data/app and 775 on /data/ would works.
I'll make the update as soon as possible.
:)

Last edited:

hcthanh1610

May 28, 2007
small htc widget from sense 3.5..?
I don't think it can be easily ported to sense 1.9.
too much differences in frameworks...

The easiest way is to create it or find a clone-widget on market

:)

Clock and weather like this
20120123_htc_sensation_ics_2.34_011.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This ROM is based on the Tun4fish version of Desire_Gingerbread_Sense 1.2 by siulmagic (thanks a lot!!)
    I modified this rom and mixing with other rom find in the original HTC Desire section in XDA. Thanks to all developers of original HTC Desire!

This is SENSE 1.9 with some little things from SENSE 2.1 like notification quick settings and notification last apps!!!

This rom is full multi language!!

I decided to make this rom because I love sense, I love speed and I love free ram for multi tasking.

The original tun4fish rom was great, but I decided to make a lighter and international version with some tweak for usability.

Please tell me if you find bugs!

~Changelog ~
    V1.2
    - This is V1.1 Fixed, working 100%
    - Merging some feature with HyperSense Nova, from nexus One section in XDA! Thanks to the developer Iperzampem0, mine compatriot! :D
    - VOLUME ROCKER SKIP SONGS!! (Like cm7) THANKS TO matheusvilela and Iperzampem0
    - increased jpeg quality in camera
    - fix little bug in htcAlbum
    - com.android.phone fixed with patch (already present in v1.1, don't need to flash)
    - removed usb debug icon (build.prop tweak)
    - switch to unity V8 kernel, VDD UV!!
    - updated SU in xbin (fixed)
    - addded oc/uv beater
    - added AdFree
    - added dspManager!

V1.1
    REMOVED: bugged.

V1.0
    - keyboard backlight fix integrated without losing multilanguage in framework
    - market updated (play store now )
    - su updated
    - battery percentage
    - loading circles from gingerbread style (no more froyo style)
    - CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN!! no more major bugs apart classic sense 1.9 bugs (rosie landscape, 720p recording).

~Bugs ~
    - Classic sense 1.9 problems: rosie landscape broken, 720p broken. - using lgCamera from market, 720p working -
    - com.android.phone force close at startup: can't unlock sim if you use sim locking code - temporarily fixed with a patch installed in v1.1 or to flash over 1.0 (download section)!!

~ Planned for the future ~
    1) Find a decent UV kernel without camera flash bug and 386mhz bug, to increase battery life
    2) odexed and deodexed versions of the rom
    - Port of HTC camera from original desire Z camera to sense 1.9 (very hard, but is the only feature I miss from sense 2.1)
    - Volume rocker skip song (very hard with modding framework - probably with an app. The only thing I miss from CM)
    - Fix landscape Rosie or prevent rotation (for sense 1.9, very hard)
    - Reduce text size and list size in sense application
    - Reduce text size in standard android application (like spare parts in CM7)

~ FIX ~
    - v1.1 installing apk bug fixed: view single post tomorrow will do an update zip and "new version" 1.1.1

- NEW Sim unlock fix (com.android.phone FIXED!!) for 1.0: update_fix_sim_lock (the old one not working)
    (after boot you have to wait 10 - 20 seconds before unlock your sim card, because you have to wait the script to kill com.android.phone, and wait android system to restart correctly com.android.phone. After some seconds you will notice that the signal return. After that you can unlock your sim with pin code).

- UV kernel (not tested so much, is unity v8 for desire HD but works on desire z): Unity V8 (thanks to mesaj report)

- Unity v10 kernel compatible, UV/OC, camera flash lag present in some phone: XDA-single-post (Tanks to 008325)
    !!! In my DZ camera flash lag is present. If you use this kernel or others unity/rcMix kernel, please report if camera flash lag is present or not !!!

- Others kernels (not tested): link (thanks to mesaj report)

- keyboard backlight fix for 0.2 (OLD): KB_Backlight_Fix by tun4fish (will miss multi language on lockscreen and notification date)

~ Credits ~
    Desire_Gingerbread_Sense 1.2 by siulmagic.
    vision_bulletproof_desire_sense_1.0 by tun4fish.

~ Downloads ~
    LightSense 1.2 - link1: FAST - link2: minus
    LightSense 1.1 - Removed: bugged.
    LightSense 1.0

Light Sense 0.2
    Light Sense 0.1
    Mate if you need any help porting just pm me, or go to virtuous irc :)

You, sir, manage three DZ/G2 ROMs of your own, and STILL offer support to others?? :eek:
    You deserve a medal ;)
    Mate if you need any help porting just pm me, or go to virtuous irc :)

Building new version 1.1!!
    A lot of new stuff!!

- Volume rocker skip songs from CM!! (THANKS TO matheusvilela and Iperzampem0 )
    - New kernel! (virtuous V8, for now the only kernel without bug with UV VDD)
    - JPEG Quality increased in camera!
    - Little bug fix for htc Albums (gallery)
    - autofix for sim unlock installed (don't need to flash the fix for 1.0 over version 1.1)
    - a lot of other things
    Just wanted to add my 2 cents about this ROM: it is, simply put, outstanding. It is far smoother than any Sense 2.1 based ROM, yet IMO has no fewer features (unless you count those "scene" and "skin" scrollable previews). The Sense 2.1 style quick settings and latest apps addition is a great bonus, and battery life is almost as good as G-Lite. Thank you nagash91 for providing this excellent ROM!

PS. I am in the camp of people who would welcome a fully Odexed version of the ROM, more speed and efficiency can only be a good thing ;).

I will odex the rom when I'll release a complete working rom: I have to fix sms issue and I don't know how to do. When I have some time to dedicate to this I'll try to switch frameworks to understand what is the problem.

BTW I have bought LgCamera Pro, it's working perfect on a lot of roms with camera issue (also on ICS, I can take video recording at 960x720p, not 1280x720p but that's something :D).

With LgCamera in this rom you can take video at 1280x720p. I don't remember if you can change focus during video recording with lgCamera with lightSense (with htcCamera you can't.. :( this is a big feature of sense 2.1 that I can't port to sense 1.9).

The feature that I miss from sense 2.1 are (in order of importance):
    1) 2.1 camera
    2) lanscape rosie (I personal would prefer locked portrait rosie, will work for this in this rom)
    3) 2.1 calendar list widget (you can exclude/include calendars from widget)
    4) 2.1 gallery (does not change much but have some cool feature, I use quickPic)
    5) 2.1 theme (only that theme black and squared .. I forgot the name :D)
    6) 2.1 application launcher

I hope to come back to this rom in future, priority is sms bug fix :D
    I also have on site "lightICS", based on AOSP (for now based on virtuous Quattro, compiled from AOSP).

If you someone want to help me see the link in my signature :good: