[ROM][4.2.1][JPO40D] Google AOSP Optimus G LGE-973/1 [capacitve keys & nfc]

Search This thread

houstonn

Sep 18, 2012
Ontario
lg-optimus-g-aosp-half-screen.jpg

Why convert to N4 when you can run native lgog partitions and be safe..

FEATURES

• I debloated a lot of google stuff to cut down on the size. just download what you want.
    built from google source
    kernel built from source with fixes for your phones
    ran through kitchen - thanks dsixda
    deoxdexed
    su
    busybox
    zipaligned
    photosphere works (just don't change the build.prop device name or it will not work) it's currently set to Nexus 4

UPDATE

• FLASH ROM THEN FLASH MY NEW KERNEL WITH ADDED FILES FOR NFC AND CAPACITIVE BUTTONS >> HERE <<
This is the latest Stock Mako port from google. Since cm10.1 and aokp can be buggy at times since they are always a WIP.
I built the stock mako kernel including the fixes that we all as whole has worked together on. This should be as stable as
google made it. I cooked it through the kitchen so you guys can modify theme or whatever you want. I'll merge the updates
as we process. Right now you can get what Nexus 4 got out of the box but with your storage. and get a taste of the stock
aosp experience. I'm assuming this would work for all Canadian variants.

• Install Instructions
    boot to cwm recovery
    factory reset
    wipe cache
    wipe dalvik cache
    -go to mounts and FORMAT SYSTEM then format data
    flash rom
    reboot
    enjoy!

• BIG THANKS
    Shellnutt2
    Chadouming
    Thracky
    Sk8erwitskil
    SnowLeopard
    Jugstar
    haze08 - for providing me with original bell images that I've lost or corrupted
    everyone else I forgot

I WILL CLEAN UP THIS OP NICE WHEN IM NOT BUSY AND NOT LAZY!!! just wanted to get it out for you guys

Attention: I'm not responsible if you blow up your phone... nuff said..

DOWNLOAD HERE

this FLASH THIS >> HERE << for capacitive keys and nfc

Last edited:

LNJ

Oct 7, 2007
Re: [ROM] JPO40D 4.2.1 Google Stock Nexus 4 Port for LGE973

Works on E971 no problem.

Sent from my LG-E971 using Tapatalk 2

orellius

Feb 3, 2011
Calgary
Nice work man, this is what I've been waiting to root my phone for. Though, I may still wait for capacitive keys. I have 1 day to decide before I take off to San Fran for a week for business. I'll mess around today and see if I can live without them, never even tried. Good stuff regardless! ;)

billybest

Dec 13, 2009

Just tried on E971 with v10e and got black screen. I guess I will need stock v10d before flashing like with cm 10.1.

Works on E971 no problem.

You had 10d before flashing right?

Last edited:

LNJ

Oct 7, 2007

I did a nandroid of E and kdzed back to D, rooted, unlocked and restored my nandroid to E. Just don't update to the latest OTA again.
Basically the E ota blocked something to do with Mako. But the E nandroid doesn't back up whatever partition the E ota messes up.

Reactions: billybest

chadouming

Aug 27, 2009
On the interwebz
I did a nandroid of E and kdzed back to D, rooted, unlocked and restored my nandroid to E. Just don't update to the latest OTA again.
Basically the E ota blocked something to do with Mako. But the E nandroid doesn't back up whatever partition the E ota messes up.

Even if you didnt meant to, thanks for that info, give us a clue at where to look about what break compatibility xD

LNJ

Oct 7, 2007

Even if you didnt meant to, thanks for that info, give us a clue at where to look about what break compatibility xD

Hope it helps.
Btw a link to the latest gapps would be helpful for those wanting the missing Google stuff.

bon_joey

Dec 29, 2007

Tried to flash using twrp but got blank screen after lg logo.

Sent from my LG-E973 using xda app-developers app

Dashaiva

Oct 10, 2010

I think there may be a problem with Bluetooth. I paired it with my car this morning but when I got in my car later it wouldn't connect. I recall chads ROM doing the same thing really on, perhaps its the same issue with forgetting the address?

Everything else appears to work great!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Reactions: lunde20b

metal_god69

Nov 26, 2011
Regina

Can anyone confirm if 10e is required or will install from 10h work?

Sent from my LG-E973 using xda app

trincisor

Feb 1, 2008
Nexus 7 (2013)
Asus Zenfone 5Z

Wow you are an angel
So if I flash this directly on an ota d E it won't work?

Sent from my LG-E971 using xda app-developers app

LNJ

Oct 7, 2007

Wow you are an angel
So if I flash this directly on an ota d E it won't work?

Sent from my LG-E971 using xda app-developers app

Yeah probably not. All the newest OTAs from Bell, Telus and Rogers blocked the Mako related hack somehow.

Sent from my LG-E973 using Tapatalk 2

orellius

Feb 3, 2011
Calgary
I feel like an idiot, because I've been using Android and rooting/ROM'ing phones for so long, and have an Electronics Engineering degree...but how the hell do you do anything on this phone with no capacitive keys? Like I don't see any way of going "home" "back" or "menu".

Is this just a feature that is within this ROM or something I need to enable that I cannot find? I'd like to see how it goes before flashing this ROM. I'm still on stock/upgraded Bell.

Thanks!:eek:

billybest

Dec 13, 2009

I feel like an idiot, because I've been using Android and rooting/ROM'ing phones for so long, and have an Electronics Engineering degree...but how the hell do you do anything on this phone with no capacitive keys? Like I don't see any way of going "home" "back" or "menu".

Is this just a feature that is within this ROM or something I need to enable that I cannot find? I'd like to see how it goes before flashing this ROM. I'm still on stock/upgraded Bell.

Thanks!:eek:

It uses on screen buttons like the nexus phones, some motorola phones, and some others. There's a small black bar at the bottom of the touch screen for the buttons. (You will have a slightly shorter viewing screen)

Sent from my LG-E971

Last edited:

kc_exactly

Oct 21, 2010
Kansas City, MO

Great job guys. Hopefully we can see the ports on Sprint soon.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lg-optimus-g-aosp-half-screen.jpg

Why convert to N4 when you can run native lgog partitions and be safe..

FEATURES

• I debloated a lot of google stuff to cut down on the size. just download what you want.
      built from google source
      kernel built from source with fixes for your phones
      ran through kitchen - thanks dsixda
      deoxdexed
      su
      busybox
      zipaligned
      photosphere works (just don't change the build.prop device name or it will not work) it's currently set to Nexus 4

UPDATE

• FLASH ROM THEN FLASH MY NEW KERNEL WITH ADDED FILES FOR NFC AND CAPACITIVE BUTTONS >> HERE <<
    This is the latest Stock Mako port from google. Since cm10.1 and aokp can be buggy at times since they are always a WIP.
    I built the stock mako kernel including the fixes that we all as whole has worked together on. This should be as stable as
    google made it. I cooked it through the kitchen so you guys can modify theme or whatever you want. I'll merge the updates
    as we process. Right now you can get what Nexus 4 got out of the box but with your storage. and get a taste of the stock
    aosp experience. I'm assuming this would work for all Canadian variants.

• Install Instructions
      boot to cwm recovery
      factory reset
      wipe cache
      wipe dalvik cache
      -go to mounts and FORMAT SYSTEM then format data
      flash rom
      reboot
      enjoy!

• BIG THANKS
      Shellnutt2
      Chadouming
      Thracky
      Sk8erwitskil
      SnowLeopard
      Jugstar
      haze08 - for providing me with original bell images that I've lost or corrupted
      everyone else I forgot

I WILL CLEAN UP THIS OP NICE WHEN IM NOT BUSY AND NOT LAZY!!! just wanted to get it out for you guys

Attention: I'm not responsible if you blow up your phone... nuff said..

DOWNLOAD HERE

this FLASH THIS >> HERE << for capacitive keys and nfc
    Hey guys I've been working on a build and wanted it to be as stable as possible..

I didn't want to make a new thread but if u guys want.. u can try it out here..
    there's 2 releases today 1 was a normal one I was working on and the other has 2 kernel changes pertaining to wakelocks..

This rom is built like chad's cm10.1 it's strictly for Canadian phones.. all u have to do is be sure to be on the factory flash that works with aosp roms. and have it rooted and unlocked.. if u hang on boot just wait alittle longer. first boot takes awhile.. if not just reboot it on clear cache and dalvik and reboot..

U'll need to reboot manually once or twice once the rom boots up and settle in..

ROM 1
    ROM with wakelock changes

GAPPS

all sources at my github here

I left the device name as Nexus 4 so that photosphere works.. and u should be able to lock on GPS instantly.
    if you don't use NFC I suggest you turn it off then reboot as sometimes it sticks if u don't reboot.. thanks
    Ya I did try both of em. The NFC toggle itself is greyed out, and I already rebooted. Double checked I got the correct edit for build prop too. But it turns out it saved on a pre-existing line, and not another line. So the navigation keys are gone now. Still gonna flash the ported LG JB tonight though..

try renaming the lights.msm8960.so to lights.geeb.so that's what is compiled in the kernel.. and the zip adds the build.prop command to disable the onscreen keys so if you are manually adding it' , it'll be a double entry

I was gonna build a new whole complete rom but i'm helping ShoreDroid build you guys a completely new rom based on the latest google OTA so there' s no use making 2 roms.. he should have all my kernel mods merged and he's gonna fine tweak it so you guys should be set.
    I finally got the nfc to work too now.. i'll add that as well

Screenshot_2013-02-10-20-18-54.png
    sorry guys for the delay....

I've been so busy and also busy with tuning up cm10.1 together with chad on the cm10.1 project.. apparently everything that is coded with base aosp mako rom -we've changed most of the coding to reflect cm10.1 with the naming "geeb" and this causes problems without buiding a whole new rom.. I was waiting on Shoredroid to release an updated aosp instead of making another and having 2 typically of the same roms up.. I would suggest you guys do download the cm10.1 and give it a whirl.. I'll post my sources of git so you guys know what I've been working and tuning. thanks..

device source
    kernel source