Delete

Search This thread

yummy-fun

May 7, 2010
yummy-fun.biz
no update yet!

uhhh. still haven't recieved the update! i have the generic_sg model. im sooo tired of the last release. such crap! has anybody hard a chance to play with the new firmware? what do you think? gbajzelj i am soo jealous

mtechfan

Jan 14, 2009
Östersund
ok. start button is on the low side of the screen. its 6.5.3 firmware. operator choice is detailed in x2 stile menu.
for now the titan menu is fluid as hell!
start menu fluid insanely!!
no more twitching the picture when going from portrait to lanscape in slideview and back!!!
panel manager is also more fluid then ever.
even the new software keyboard is great!

if the bugs are gone this is the FW and the phone we were waiting for. if the performance stays like this and there are no bugs i can shurely say for the first time in 4 months X2 is better then X1 and it for the first time since release feels like a 500€ device!!!

Its build 23103.5.3.3
R3AA035
Generic_UK
PA2

oh and tle landscape now runs as fluid as portrait.
this firmware -> GREAT!!!

oh and SATURN.cab is a theme (one of 3 x2 themes that come with the firmware)

Yep, it's the same for the Swedish version. Very, very smooth :)

On a positive note, SE promised and update this week and they made it on Friday. So, they kept their promise... turn for the better :D

BRAIN_STEW

Apr 27, 2010
now if they could only get GENERIC_SG on SEUS. im starting to get impatient knowing that other versions are floating around.

gbajzelj

May 28, 2009
Kranj
Was your phone originally Generic UK? Or you changed it - and how, if you did that?

My phone was always generic_UK. Im from Slovenia (next to Italy) but when my X1 got broken and they couldnt repair it they gave me this X2. It was always Generic_UK.

But ther is one BAAAAAAAAAAAAD thing. I noticed some users were saying abouth MR1 that theirs memory cards got screwed up. Well i never had this on MR1 but i just got it on new firmware. I also noticed some fix for the memory card problem. but i had it on my memory card wich got screwed up so i cant install it. I soft reseted the phone but the card still is corupted. i guess ill have to format it. watch out for this problem.

Last edited:

pmarkusn

Apr 6, 2010
This one actually works, not tested heavilly but still no re-boot after almost one dayof normal usage... record for me. Regarding look and feel, look are the same as before but the feel are about 1000 times better than before... can not say anything about memory card issue since I haven't had any trouble with it in earlier software versions... (could it be some hardware fault?)... too bad SE couldn't provide this version from the beginning... But that's history now, finally I'm satisfyed

anothadave

Mar 6, 2009
i dont think they could of done it much sooner, sure i read on here that wm6.5.3 was only recently officially released. or maybe aaron said it on the sony blog actually. i get the impression that the other firmwares where just stop gaps to get them up to this release... now if theyll just hurry up and release the firmware for everyone else we can also give it a try!

gbajzelj

May 28, 2009
Kranj
Formated my memmory card. and instaled the fix from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=669157&page=2 post #20 i just hope the memory card corruption doesnt happen again.

Dont want to spoil things but i also was testing the camera today. It was great until i tried to close the camera. Phone stopped responding completly, had to take out the batery and insert it in agan to reboot the phone. Realy hope its just one time case.

gbajzelj

May 28, 2009
Kranj
ok the phone just froze egain while watching pictures (10-50 KB in size) on my memory card. dont know is it the slideview, the microSD or it might be the RAM.

with MR2 i have never had more then 74MB of free RAM and i was amazed to se 74 MB free because usualy its around 60MB. even with 60MB free it still all runs great but if you are taking a video or watching pictures (multimedia needs great edeal of RAM) maybe the ram can run out and the phone can freeze. but thats just my theory.

Maybe it will be needed to delete panel manager to save some ram. Shame realy since it runs so nicely now. but i sill use only the defoult panel so i can live without panel manager.

M

Mr_Bartek

Service Name:
X2 GENERIC_SE CDF1231-4911
File Information:
Application SW: 1230-2397 R3AA035, CDF: 1231-4911 R20A

Service Name:
X2 GENERIC_UK CDF1231-4909
File Information:
Application SW: 1230-2799 R3AA035, CDF: 1231-4909 R22A

oubsty

Jan 23, 2010
St John's
Service Name:
X2 GENERIC_SE CDF1231-4911
File Information:
Application SW: 1230-2397 R3AA035, CDF: 1231-4911 R20A

Service Name:
X2 GENERIC_UK CDF1231-4909
File Information:
Application SW: 1230-2799 R3AA035, CDF: 1231-4909 R22

I want to believe you work for SE you know there is just something about you

lyteo

Apr 13, 2010
Yea, I managed to trick the phone into installing Mr2 update, even though I have GENERIC EN device :p

Made the same thing as I did in that thread about X2 solutions, but grabbed X2 MR2 firmware, unpacked it, installed cabs to the phone, then went to SEUS.

SEUS said, I already have the latest software, I clicked to reinstall it. The filesize now was different - 126,8 MB, while MR1 was 123 or something like that. And it installed MR2 on my phone.

To did that, I installed almost all of the cabs from MR2 firmware, but at the moment, I think that you only need to install one cab, to trick the phone, that already has the MR2 software. And after you trick the phone into that, connect it to the SEUS, upgrade the phone regardless of the message SEUS gives, it will reinstall complete MR2 to your phone.

But I'm not so sure about this, need someone who is willing to install the cab and try to update the phone.

So, I think it is all in this cab: zzzzSEUS_VersionInfoCUSEN.cab

Can someone try to install this one and then update the phone and report, if it updates to the MR2?

So, I think it is all in this cab: zzzzSEUS_VersionInfoCUSEN.cab

Can someone try to install this one and then update the phone and report, if it updates to the MR2?

I don't think this cab does what you want. After extracting it, i found a file with the following content:
Code:
Software Id = 1230-2799; 120; DeviceInformationIcons.dll
Software Version = R3AA035; 121; DeviceInformationIcons.dll

But if something says that this is a specific language-version, then it might work!

lyteo

Apr 13, 2010
I don't think this cab does what you want. After extracting it, i found a file with the following content:
Code:
Software Id = 1230-2799; 120; DeviceInformationIcons.dll
Software Version = R3AA035; 121; DeviceInformationIcons.dll

But if something says that this is a specific language-version, then it might work!

@rsx19 GENERIC UK

the other option is then to grab the Firmware, extract it and install cabs over. I installed almost all of the R3AA cabs, and then updated, and it worked. So I don't know, which of the cabs is responsible for that.

oubsty

Jan 23, 2010
St John's
@rsx19 GENERIC UK

the other option is then to grab the Firmware, extract it and install cabs over. I installed almost all of the R3AA cabs, and then updated, and it worked. So I don't know, which of the cabs is responsible for that.

So can you pls tell me where can i get the firmware cabs from to install:confused: