HELP - Custom ROMs

Search This thread

WoWoX

Feb 21, 2014
Hello - I have a simple question.
I have a Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-i535. I OTA updated from 4.1.2 to 4.3

I know that the bootloader cannot be unlocked, but can I flash custom ROMs that are 4.3 based? Perhaps that won't modify my bootloader?

Thanks.

Reactions: SlimSnoopOS

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011

I know that the bootloader cannot be unlocked, but can I flash custom ROMs that are 4.3 based? Perhaps that won't modify my bootloader?

Thanks.

Short answer: yes. Long answer: read me and thank Badusername. You're only able to flash roms that explicitly state VRUCML1 or ML1 in the title.

Reactions: WoWoX

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
Thank you very much for directing me to that thread -
One more question, do I NEED to use safestrap, or can I just flash VLRUCML1 ROMs regularly using Odin?

Once on VRUCML1 touchwiz OTA, you have to use Safestrap if you want to use any custom roms-VRUCML1 TW 4.3 based only of course. Use the Saferoot thread to gain root access then go ahead and use Safestrap.

One additional tidbit. If you decide to go this route then you must flash the VRUCML1 kernel modules after each VRUCML1 rom that you flash in order to have working wifi. If you want working wifi, flash the VRUCML1 kernel modules after each clean flash. These are downloadable in the Safestrap thread.

Reactions: WoWoX

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Short answer: yes. Long answer: read me and thank Badusername. You're only able to flash roms that explicitly state VRUCML1 or ML1 in the title.
    Thank you very much for directing me to that thread -
    One more question, do I NEED to use safestrap, or can I just flash VLRUCML1 ROMs regularly using Odin?

Once on VRUCML1 touchwiz OTA, you have to use Safestrap if you want to use any custom roms-VRUCML1 TW 4.3 based only of course. Use the Saferoot thread to gain root access then go ahead and use Safestrap.

One additional tidbit. If you decide to go this route then you must flash the VRUCML1 kernel modules after each VRUCML1 rom that you flash in order to have working wifi. If you want working wifi, flash the VRUCML1 kernel modules after each clean flash. These are downloadable in the Safestrap thread.