Sensation/XE in the Philippines

Search This thread

dgenx210

Jan 10, 2011
Manila
I'm on Globe Postpaid. No data plan for me on globe since where I'm based only Smart has wireless broadband coverage.

I'd like to ask though; what accessories you guys have and where you got them from? Since it's relatively(compared to iPhones) hard to find good accessories for the Sensation locally. Thanks!

So far I've only got

- screen protector (which was meant for PSP 3000, I liked the fit over the screen protector for our Senny since it had ridiculous curved cutoffs:mad:)

- Capdase soft jacket

+1 on hard to find accessories. :eek:

I want to get a dock and a spare battery and possibly a white back door. I'm planning to visit Greenhills by the 1st week of March. I'll keep you guys posted :)

dgenx210

Jan 10, 2011
Manila
Guys what's our stock RUU and stock CID? I'd like to keep a backup just in case the need arises.

Thanks in advanced :D

jigners

Apr 27, 2009
Swansea
got mine here in the UK, last November and TBH disappointed with its performance:(:(
had a chance to compare it to a friend with a DHD and it really shocked me
considering the powerful hardware the Sensation has compared to the DHD.
here is a thread i created for this issue and a youtube video as evidence

now i got a DHD via ebay and has S-off and rooted this, and I am one happy
Android flasher.:):)

Ingat kayo lagi mga kababayan!

entengkhulet

Dec 30, 2010
Davao city
www.facebook.com
got mine here in the UK, last November and TBH disappointed with its performance:(:(

now i got a DHD via ebay and has S-off and rooted this, and I am one happy
Android flasher.:):)

Ingat kayo lagi mga kababayan!

thanks for the video kabayan.. im kinda disappointed after seeing that video.. :(

musmos

Oct 7, 2011
Quezon City
Hello everyone! This is my second sensation, I bought my first one month after the release and waited for around aug or september fo permaroot. My first daily driver was stock rooted htc sensation xe(custom rom) by EddyOs but was stolen in a bus a week before Christmas. My 2nd one is still a sensation not xe, bought at sm annex on the mid of january.

I tried a couple of ICS rom base 3.24 and my favorite so far is the DarkForest 5.3 by jonny. Astig! :D

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710 using XDA App

ArtXT

Mar 18, 2006
Angeles City

sir, it just simple, dont compare high res to a low res.

wow!, so many kababayan here on XDA, for sure most of you are TCP member also, hehehe

yummymango

Jul 15, 2010
Yay for Android!

I didn't buy my Sensation in the Philippines, but it's fantastic to see some Android users in the Philippines! When I visited in 2010, everyone I knew all had Blackberry or Nokia phones and nobody knew what Android was. Hahaha.

I was excited to peruse Greenhills' selection thinking I could buy some nice, cheap accessories for my myTouch 3G (at the time) and everyone looked at me strangely!

dgenx210

Jan 10, 2011
Manila
I didn't buy my Sensation in the Philippines, but it's fantastic to see some Android users in the Philippines! When I visited in 2010, everyone I knew all had Blackberry or Nokia phones and nobody knew what Android was. Hahaha.

I was excited to peruse Greenhills' selection thinking I could buy some nice, cheap accessories for my myTouch 3G (at the time) and everyone looked at me strangely!

Many people still own a BlackBerry around these parts. The people that only knew what Android was were those people (like us :p) who keep themselves constantly updated. Many people still have to be weaned off their Nokias because fact is, they've dominated the market here for years.

Last edited:

arcbodom

Nov 13, 2011
I got my Sensation XE bnew 3mos ago from an online seller (widget City) and im currently running KingsRom's Sense 4 ROM but i use Jonny's Darkforrest as my daily driver. i noticed that some here are also using Jonny's ROM. ;)

i don't know if there's a known filipino dev here at xda. im hoping to see one.:)

yummymango

Jul 15, 2010
Many people still own a BlackBerry around these parts. The people that only knew what Android was were those people (like us :p) who keep themselves constantly updated. Many people still have to be weaned off their Nokias because fact is, they've dominated the market here for years.

What is the reason for that? Are Blackberry and Nokia phones just cheaper than Android phones?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those who received the ICS OTA update, do you have a bug which couldnt connect to internet thru mobile data? Also, do you have the face unlock features?

Just wanted to know cause one of my friend received the official ota update and experiencing the above issue.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using XDA

I got the ICS OTA the other day. I haven't experience any bug yet. I've been connected to the internet 24 hours. And yes, I got face unlock.

I hope devs here will cook Pinoy themed skin.

:)

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using XDA
    I got my Sensation XE as a gift las Christmas. Rooted and flashed a custom ROM within 2 hours. Very happy with my phone and, in general, with the Android platform. Came from iOS, I just love how "free" Android feels.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using XDA App
    Viber is finally working on ICS :)
    Got mine last october. Oh, and also on globe postpaid. :D
    Do we have a Filipino sensation dev here?

I might :D, if time permits once final version released as I got more priorities and imagine there are 44+ cooked ROM to choose :D
    Mga kabayan, pa help po please. I bought a second hand htc sensation xe w/ beats, originally bought from Singapore(Singtel), the seller said that it was locked to Smart. When putting in a Globe SIM it states that "Your SIM does not allow a connection to this network"(it does not ask for an unlock code), no signal, but it obviously works with a Smart SIM. So I decided to try unlocking it on my own instead of paying for someone to do it(which is not cheap). I have researched and tried evertything, but still it says "Your SIM does not allow....", please help? Here is what I did so far:

1. Checked my IMEI's validity through an online tool and it came up okay(I have not called Smart, yet)
    2. Tried manually setting APN's
    3. Tried automatic registration
    4. Tried *#*#4636#*#* off/on radio, took out battery, waited for an hour, put it back again
    5. Tried clearing the s58 data with the nbh file, which was successfully done twice(BTW before I got to this step I had to unlock the bootloader, install CWM, root, JB S-off, downgrade firmware to 1.17 to run the nbh file, go back to 3.32)

Also, after clearing the s58 data, I have checked the mobile data, APN, etc. and have the same issue(works on a Smart SIM only). I do not know what to do at this point. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Gamitin mo to,ginamit ko yan to unlock the sim of my XE.just download the script and flash via recovery,s-off kana kamo di no problem doing it...BTW bkit kpa nag downgrade?:confused:
    please hit the thanks button if this helped you in anyway
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1232107