[ROM] Android Open Kang Project

Search This thread

kolyan

Jan 8, 2008
Both are working fine on mine. G2x has gotta be the only phone I've had that's so different phone to phone. When you wiped (I'll assume u did) did you use scrubber or nullifier? Whenever in switch from rom to rom like eb to aosp I use nullifier to make sure all the cobwebs get blown out

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA

yep this is the first time i used nullifier and wiped cache and dalvik after as well before installing ICS. then installed CM7 without nullifier and everything working 100%

also noticed that browsers are still buggy and few tabs result in FCs (same as in previous built)

DsturbD

Feb 27, 2012
Kannapolis, NC
Tried Built 28 is it......modified built.prop, cell and data worked fine but many other things didn't, like weather and calendar lock-screen widgets etc.

and back to CM7.2

Both are working fine on mine. G2x has gotta be the only phone I've had that's so different phone to phone. When you wiped (I'll assume u did) did you use scrubber or nullifier? Whenever in switch from rom to rom like eb to aosp I use nullifier to make sure all the cobwebs get blown out

i have the same issue and i used the g2x scrubber before i installed AOKP.

i also have noticed that if i want to reboot my phone, it goes into CWM Recovery instead of rebooting

and how do i get rid of the google search bar at the top of each homescreen?

AOSP = Android Open Source Project
AOKP = Android Open Kang Project
CM9 = Cyanogenmod 9

thanks Panda! i'm assuming Kang means (from the urban dictionary) "To steal or a stolen code when referring to programming. Also can refer to leaked coding." :)

xperia_player

Nov 25, 2011
plus.google.com
Okay I followed the instructions all I get is fancy LG logo and it gets stuck after that I have downloaded it 5 times copied it to my phone every different way I can think of followed all the instructions and since I broke my micro sd card and card reader built in I daren't try to flash this 'cause I can't go back to back up any help?

1) Anybody know how to back up internal storage and restore from there?

2) why is it getting stuck on LG logo when I've done exactly as said first rom I have ever used and had this issue how do I solve it?

ayysir

Aug 30, 2011
Bronx, NY
Okay I followed the instructions all I get is fancy LG logo and it gets stuck after that I have downloaded it 5 times copied it to my phone every different way I can think of followed all the instructions and since I broke my micro sd card and card reader built in I daren't try to flash this 'cause I can't go back to back up any help? <br />
<br />
1) Anybody know how to back up internal storage and restore from there?<br />
<br />
2) why is it getting stuck on LG logo when I've done exactly as said first rom I have ever used and had this issue how do I solve it?

Well is your system ext4

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-2

Caliyork

Dec 22, 2011
Riverside, CA
Build 28 is the first build where I can see performance settings under rom control, which is sweet, just had a quick question. I'd test it out myself if I were home... How does the fast charge option work? Is this even applicable to the T15 kernel. Thanks, dudes.

Whitehawkx

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 13, 2010
Emerald City
Build 28 is the first build where I can see performance settings under rom control, which is sweet, just had a quick question. I'd test it out myself if I were home... How does the fast charge option work? Is this even applicable to the T15 kernel. Thanks, dudes.

Don't get use to it, performance settings doesn't work on G2x so I am removing them. Fast charge I also don't believe is present in any G2x kernels yet so that option will not be available either. Kernels need to have the "fast charge" patch in order for it to work. If they do, you should see something regarding it in the OP (pretty sure none support it for G2x at present).

G2x build will be posted on rootz a little bit later today. I finally got the automated removal of the modversion to work. Someone was asking about the build.prop and parsing or something... to that person it's normal.

SyntekSystems

Mar 15, 2011
So is there any news on a data drop fix or sim related issues? GetRIL helps a bit but still drops data and won't reconnect after a certain amount of time.

Whitehawkx

Oct 13, 2010
Emerald City
So is there any news on a data drop fix or sim related issues? GetRIL helps a bit but still drops data and won't reconnect after a certain amount of time.

Kwes has been running this without any data drop issues. This uses the exact same ril stuff as the CM builds. Did you do a full wipe when you installed? I would recommend that for this upcoming build and see if you issue persists.

SyntekSystems

Mar 15, 2011
Yeah I did a full wipe, I also had this issue with EaglesBlood ICS too. So far I keep reverting back to Ultimate Froyo due to the bugs. It's a bittersweet relationship though because I really enjoy the UI that ICS has and how smooth it is.

On another note, do you know why the performance feature doesn't work? On Eagles blood it does but that's probably because the kernel is baked int othe rom, does that have to do anything with it?

Thanks for all your work Whitehawkx, I really am enjoying this rom aside from the connectivity issues I'm having.

I'm going to run the nullifier tool before I install the new build you're going to post later.

android_29

Jan 17, 2012
north myrtle beach
when you reboot click revovery then reboot it will reboot fine

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

i normally read everyday i am running milestone 4-8 is this outdated is build 28 the current ??? i usally read but with my work right now i dont have time also does cell data work on bld 28 i would guess 28 is a newer release so is milestone dead ??? thanks and sorry i hate to ask ? that i know there is a topic on but i work in myrtle beach and im back to 58 hours a week thanks :eek:

IRASadPanda

Dec 30, 2011
Johns Creek
i normally read everyday i am running milestone 4-8 is this outdated is build 28 the current ??? i usally read but with my work right now i dont have time also does cell data work on bld 28 i would guess 28 is a newer release so is milestone dead ??? thanks and sorry i hate to ask ? that i know there is a topic on but i work in myrtle beach and im back to 58 hours a week thanks :eek:

Well, build 28 just isn't up yet due to those build.prop problems, whitehawkx is getting us on the same page w/ M4 as the other phones.

Also, 4-8 is outdated even on the OP, 4-9 is the newest.

shovelhead83

Nov 3, 2009
I'm still so confused. Build 9 is in the op but build 4 is in the title with no recent date change. But build 28 is on the other site. I'm lost as to what's the latest version.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

Whitehawkx

Oct 13, 2010
Emerald City
I'm still so confused. Build 9 is in the op but build 4 is in the title with no recent date change. But build 28 is on the other site. I'm lost as to what's the latest version.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

Not build 4, Milestone 4, which was the official release of AOKP at the time. The "build 9" part was the 9th compile of Milestone 4 I did which had many fixes along the way. Now the build # is in sync with official AOKP releases which went - build 26, build 27, Milestone 4, build 28. Every six-nine releases we do a Milestone release which is a hopefully "bug free" release. The actual builds are considered "nightlies" which may or may not have bugs in them.

The release in the OP here is old and outdated. The release on rootz is the latest. Hopefully this clears up your confusion.

EDIT: I can see how would be confusing though. From here on out you won't see any build numbers jumping around like crazy. ^^

Last edited:

newnoobkid

Jun 12, 2011
Your Rom is the DAILY DRIVER. I found it to be completely stable and is very welcome to find a home in my G2x. I was wondering if I can use the Beats Audio or a DSP manager zips to improve the sounds on my phone I don't think I'll be able to wake up if it alarms. Thanks Whitehakx!!!

TarHeelTrigger

Aug 25, 2011
Hey whitehawkx, any way to get the persistent search bar all the way at the top of my screen? Kinda wasting space on my home screen. Thanks

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1332444554941.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1332444554941.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 244

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokptitleblue-1.png
    changelog-2.png

Newest change logs are available at the AOKP site
    installation-1.png
    1. Make sure you're on the latest CWM
    2. MAKE A NANDROID
    3. wipe data/factory reset in recovery
    4. flash ROM
    5. flash Gapps
    6. reboot
    downloads-4.png

You can find the latest release here

GAPPS

contribute-1.png

We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.

Donate to Whitehawkx
    Donate to Roman
    Donate to Jonathan Grigg
    Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
    Donate to ProTekk

Donate to CyanogenMod

Every donation is cherished and loved.

If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!
    source-2.png

Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.

If you'd like to help with AOKP, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to get as many developers in on this as possible!

Best way to help out or contact us is via IRC.
    Just in case...
    Some questions:

1. Why include a different launcher with the standard launcher?
    2. Why customize the settings app to put some of the sections that were in the front part into your own section?
    3. Why did you remove the galaxy live wallpaper?

Doing the 2 above caused my launcher app and settings app's settings to not be restored properly.

Why did you customize the default launcher and the settings app? Those should never be changed unless its a bug fix. It's why I use cyanogenmod so that I don't deal with these kinds of problems.

I'm heading back to hellfire sandwich 1.3.

You need to be more specific. What do you mean "customized the settings app?" It's stock with the exception of a new spot added for Rom Control.

Why include two launchers? To please everyone... lol. I personally use Nova. It has way more options than anything I've used.

The galaxy live wallpaper? That wallpaper does not come on stock ICS. I know because I have a GSM Galaxy Nexus.

Let me be perfectly clear. This is not CM. This is not a CM9 kang. This is AOKP which is completely different. I used the device and vendor trees from CM so that stuff like data/cell/etc will work. As far as the rom and features it is 110% DIFFERENT. So restoring anything is not a good idea.

themoreyouknow.jpg
    Some questions:

1. Why include a different launcher with the standard launcher?
    2. Why customize the settings app to put some of the sections that were in the front part into your own section?
    3. Why did you remove the galaxy live wallpaper?

Doing the 2 above caused my launcher app and settings app's settings to not be restored properly.

Why did you customize the default launcher and the settings app? Those should never be changed unless its a bug fix.

MUST. RESIST. BAN.
    Ok guys and gals... OP UPDATED!

Data and cell both work.
    90% of Rom Control should be working now
    BROWSER STILL BROKE - 3RD PARTY BROWSERS WORK FINE
    VIDEO RECORDING BROKE - there's an app you can download though for this

And of course, please do a CLEAN INSTALL (wipe data)

This is the last build that will be uploaded to 4shared. All future builds will be posted on for download on goo-inside.me and will be downloadable here - http://forum.aokp.co/page/releases

And yes, you can expect this to get updated from here on out every time we release a new build of AOKP. :)

Enjoy!