Postive and Negative with Jelly Bean Thread.

Search This thread

007shaolin

Sep 25, 2008
Well I did a factory reset. Opening and closing apps still lag. Browser still lag while scrolling. this is not what butterly smooth is about, 60fps? What a joke this device are. try jb on a s3 or nexus 7. Then you know what butterly smooth is.

Quozl

Jul 8, 2010
Brisbane
Can't seem to remove the Google Now search bar background image.

If you click on the Google in the top left of the on the home screen (if you haven;t moved it since updating) it opens up Google Now and if you only have the weather card and search bar open you get a background image behind the search bar of some mountains drawn in a water colour look. I want to remove that, I don't want any image there.

Any tips? I can't seem to find anything about it in Google search or any NOW tips and tricks posts

Cheers Q

eduardmc

Sep 18, 2007
Well I did a factory reset. Opening and closing apps still lag. Browser still lag while scrolling. this is not what butterly smooth is about, 60fps? What a joke this device are. try jb on a s3 or nexus 7. Then you know what butterly smooth is.

exactly my point, did a few factory reset. Reinstall manually the JB update. Still jerky animation. Gs3 and Nexus 7 JB are really butter smooth. I thought i never say this but my hope was that JB would show the power of the Tegra 3, i guess 1920x1200 is not enought for it. Anyone saying that the OS needs a few days to setdown and feel smoother.... thats bull. I have install JB in my Galaxy nexus, GS3, Asus prime TF201 and from the begining it was buttter smooth.

hit173

Apr 13, 2010
I'm kinda disappointed with this update.... my tablet was running smooth before now its kinda jerky and Netflix is horrible...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium HD app

Vo01985

Jan 13, 2011
It's probably the full HD screen why things are not as smooth as we want :(. How come with an ipad3, even with a larger resolution, everything is smooth?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T

jake21

Apr 29, 2011
two quick questions:
a) Any idea when flash will be available for JB (thinkin about waiting if it is not too long)

b) Isn't there a way to reset the cache (to avoid doing a factory reset) ? Vaguely I thuoght there was a boot sequence method where you can tell the system to reset the cache prior to reboot - there is for my phone but to get there you have to hold vol up/down during the boot sequence?

(I much rather just clear the cache than reset the entire state).

pierrekid

Oct 23, 2010
exactly my point, did a few factory reset. Reinstall manually the JB update. Still jerky animation. Gs3 and Nexus 7 JB are really butter smooth. I thought i never say this but my hope was that JB would show the power of the Tegra 3, i guess 1920x1200 is not enought for it. Anyone saying that the OS needs a few days to setdown and feel smoother.... thats bull. I have install JB in my Galaxy nexus, GS3, Asus prime TF201 and from the begining it was buttter smooth.

About 3 hours now and the buttery smoothness has officially taken hold. Much faster and smoother now. Like someone else mentioned, Just give it time. Its progressively getting faster. I would say its as fast or faster than my roommates nexus 7 now

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

two quick questions:
a) Any idea when flash will be available for JB (thinkin about waiting if it is not too long)

b) Isn't there a way to reset the cache (to avoid doing a factory reset) ? Vaguely I thuoght there was a boot sequence method where you can tell the system to reset the cache prior to reboot - there is for my phone but to get there you have to hold vol up/down during the boot sequence?

(I much rather just clear the cache than reset the entire state).

Flash has been removed from JB. So you might as well stop waiting. They are moving towards HTML5.

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

I'm kinda disappointed with this update.... my tablet was running smooth before now its kinda jerky and Netflix is horrible...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium HD app

Again look at most post above

Reactions: Darnell_Chat_TN

haverdaden

Sep 11, 2011
Purmo
I've noticed that market is alot faster than before that's good.
App drawer reload time when going to portrait mode and vice versa is rly slow for me. Hope it will get better with time. drawer and homescreen is alot faster.
Browser loading time is horrible but scrolling seems better on some sites. Stock browser feels faster than boat browser and chrome too.
Pinch to zoom seems smoother too.
Camera is faster.

Reactions: Cleanskinned

chugger93

Nov 9, 2009
Michigan
I think alot of peoples issues may stem from how they have it configured. Do some of you who have lagginess have stock launchers or 3rd party launchers? I run nova myself and you have to configure things for "fast" in the settings. Clearing cache and restarting the launcher helps too.

Also, always turn on developer settings and set those animations from 1x to .5x. Waaay snappier

Reactions: johnlgalt

clenz

Dec 9, 2011
Chicago
Bye bye ICS+ browser:crying: You served me well once I had the Browser2RAM tweak applied.

I have not used a stock browser since I 1st got a Prime almost a year ago, but it looks like this is finally an option.

urbaneremite

Oct 1, 2012
Tablet is faster other than that having a hard time finding anything new. When I went from CM9 to CM10 on my phone Jelly Bean felt light years ahead of ICS. Must the the crap that Asus puts over top stock JB.

pierrekid

Oct 23, 2010
Im wondering if we should turn gpu rendering back on under developer settings? How will this affect it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    From my units standpoint it is not rooted and never has been the upgrade has made it much faster. I now understand what 'buttery smooth' means. No issues at this point with the download, upgrade, app loading or functioning afterwards. Wifi works as does gps. I use Boat as my browser and its significantly faster. Not quite as fast as my iPad3 but pretty close. Scrolling web pages is without lag now at least for me. Thank you Asus for a GREAT upgrade.
    I don't get it. Today i was playing around with 2d rendering settings. And started noticing quadrant scores higher than i got when I started. My best score was over 200 0oints higher than ics, with tick on, scores are better even when its off.
    (I remember on this or prime telling about a setting, when turned on and off improved performance. If someone remembers this please post.)
    At first normal browser, didn't work very well with some web pages. I mentioned xda and amazon as examples. Today they are just fine.
    I've been doing so much on infinity i don't remember when i did what, but i did do a factory restore, and 2d rendering tick. I unticked and browser worked fine. I don't know who did what and when, but am a happy camper.
    Woody

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Congrats! Yup when we initially started downloading JB update some people were already concluding that JB was a joke. Even after I suggested applying a factory reset if your having performance and app issues and just wait till it settles before complaining and or praising JB. Some thought it was BS and blew me and others off. Then after a day or so, yup singing a different tune. For me this device is a beast regardless of what some would otherwise say issues and all.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
    So far since the update I have had a really good experience with it. I consider myself a power user, today after updating I was able to use it as a workstation replacement. I work as an IT consultant and frequently have to rdp into multiple servers, open ticket tracking, systems management and communications software. I was able to finally realize the potential of this device. It served as a troubleshooting device and my primary means of communication to my office and my clients. My prime was not ready for this use but the infinity was refined hardware-wise just enough to fit some gaps in technology that are needed.

Showed an iPad 3 user :) two of his employees with a tf700 connected to a monitor, USB hub, external KB, mouse, and Ethernet... running his company's remote apps.

Tf700 as a thin client.... gotta love it!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda premium
    To everyone that noticed bookmark sync is broken: go log into your asus registration VIP thing and start a technical inquiry. Fill it out as a bug report, like this:
    ---------------

[Problem Description]
    BUG REPORT: After receiving the Android 4.1 update this week, the Browser app no longer has the ability to sync bookmarks with my google account.
    STEPS TAKEN TO RESOLVE PROBLEM: I performed two factory resets and re-added my google account; neither time allowed my bookmarks to show up in the browser.
    ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: "Browser" used to be a sync option under the Google account in the Settings -> Accounts and Sync menu on Android 4.1. That option is missing, but the "Chrome" sync option is present, and bookmark syncing works fine with Chrome.

--------------

Be as descriptive as you can when submitting it. Whining here won't fix anything, but if enough of us report it to ASUS directly, they should go about fixing it.
    i have use JB in a few devices already, Galaxy nexus, Galaxy S3, Nexus 7, Asus prime TF201. I can tell you right away that this version is the worth of all. the opening and closing animation of apps is jerky. Not smooth at all. The task manager to close app is always butter smooth in other devices when you scroll up and down, here is jerky. Not sure if this might add because of the 1920x1200 resolution which is 4x higher than 720p and require more cpu power. This is kind of disappointed, i really starting to think that this resolution is to much for a tegra 3.