Corrupt /data partition?

Search This thread

jonnug

Nov 25, 2012
Hi all,

Just here hoping one of you who is proficient in these matters can be an absolute legend and help me out.

Ever since I had my Moto G I've had trouble with making nandroid backups - it always fails at the /data stage. In addition, I have only been able to get into recovery via adb reboot recovery. Formatting /data in recovery makes no difference.

I've also had trouble with -24 errors on installing apps. I'm aware that the solution is to delete the previous installation files from /data/data, but I am unable to delete them! (I can rename them as a workaround, but it's not a proper solution.)

All of this leads me to think that the /data partition has become corrupted. Is anyone else having this problem, and do any of you have any possible solutions? I'm still hoping that this fixable via software and isn't a hardware fail - like any xda-er, my warranty lasted literally seconds... ;)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

jonnug

Nov 25, 2012
I have indeed, it failed to flash! Downloaded a few times, and the md5 always checked out, so the file was solid.

CM11 flashed ok, and currently on Sk.D's excellent stock-based rooted Rom, but the problem persists.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

interessant

Jun 27, 2008
Had a similar problem with the same Google play error after an abrupt low battery shutdown. Not a moto g but using titanium's batch action for removing orphan data fixed the app issues. Just be careful you Don't delete data you might want to restore later.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jonnug

jonnug

Nov 25, 2012
Had a similar problem with the same Google play error after an abrupt low battery shutdown. Not a moto g but using titanium's batch action for removing orphan data fixed the app issues. Just be careful you Don't delete data you might want to restore later.

Thanks but no luck - Titanium reports a success but the data is still there! Must be something up with the partition...

jonnug

Nov 25, 2012
Looking at some other threads, some people on other devices are using the e2fsck command to check the integrity of the file system.

Can anyone walk me through this - syntax of the command as well as which block the /data partition is mounted as?

thhgcn

Jul 10, 2011
Santo André
I has the same problem. I can't delete one file and format partition data keep failing. Until now nothing works: re-stock, adb delete, fastboot erase and recovery format.

andogeek10

Apr 7, 2012
Mumbai
Have you tried flashing the GPE stock firmware since it has a different partition table than normal and is ext4 compared to f2fs on normal moto g

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm no proficient expert, but have you tried reflashing the stock firmware? If you want it, you can get it here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2542219 IT WILL DELETE EVERYTHING FROM YOUR PHONE. Good luck buddy!

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Free mobile app