What is exatly needed for a WM6.5.3 Rom?

Search This thread

(InsertNameHere)

Jan 11, 2010
It seems I read this too late. I already sent 1/2 the donation money to I3v5y and WMPoweruser donated the rest, so he can get a test device to make some ROMs.

And with that news, the software maker seems to be REALLY unhappy about it.

I thought I was advised to give I3v5y half the money for a test device and the tool maker the rest???

Hmmmm, This isnt turning out as well as I hoped.

BTW, if you have test I3v5y's ROM tell me how it went?

Yes quite, how did that rom get rebuilt?

And where on these forums have you discussed where the money will go?

Sounds more like any work being done here has been ignored, and any donations made by others for the task has been given to the wrong people

Last edited:

DunkDream

Apr 22, 2008
That needed to be arranged with all the users here in the forum that donated the money. Normally cedesmith should have gotten the most of the money.
But I also think that it's not Wen's fault. He also wants to help us with our TG01. Should we therefore attack him?!

I think this situation is only a little mistake.

Let's all be friends again :D

I'm all the time ready to donate cedesmith some money :)

Last edited:

cedesmith

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 3, 2010
hi.
I'm putting further development of tgtool on hold for now.
i want to switch to android and get a nexus one or htc desire so i'm putting my TG01 for sale.

My original plan to keep TG01 for test and development and use founds Wen promised for a Nexus, or otherwise said buy TG01 device from myself and with founds+money buy myself a Nexus. This would allowed me to continue working on TG's (more fun that World of Warcraft anyway) and implement HTCSensor API for example while having my desired android.
Of course all this would only be possible if TG01 would not be bricked for good as is think is 90%+ chance to brick it on 1st attempt and only 50% chance that short pins will work or otherwise said 50% chance to end up with a brick.

There is no way in hell i would risk my phone just for kicks, i already lost 2 weeks of work hours on this.
I will continue work on tgtool but don't hold you breath as i have a ton of work left behind during this 2 weeks.

if you appreciate my work on tgtool donate :D

DunkDream

Apr 22, 2008
I can understand your wish :)

I think you will get many donations, maybe so many donations that you can hold the TG01 and buy a Nexus as well :)

You already got the 50% of the money from Wen?

And we (all the TG01 users) will just wait patiently due you implement the rebuilding function in your TGTool.

It seems that hdubli is very sure that he can boot WM6.5.3 when it's possible to rebuild the cooked Rom, so why not?

Let's see what the future brings. Toshiba told me today, that they will release a software update for the TG01 on the end of this week....Let's see...

Best regards,

DunkDream

WenWM

Retired XDA News Writer
May 20, 2009
Saint Paul
Cedesmith, if you want, you should give the source codes of you app, so both you and I3v5y might have a go at it. He is great at making programs, and has done many advancements, but mostly to the HD2 forums....

WenWM

Retired XDA News Writer
May 20, 2009
Saint Paul
Did you already sent him the half money?

If not, then please do that.

I'm sure that we are able to gain more 125$ so everyone is happy.

We only need a donation button for cedesmith.
That is what I was offering, but he said no, he doesnt want anything, and he is leaving.... so I dont know what to do with that now.

WenWM

Retired XDA News Writer
May 20, 2009
Saint Paul
But one question for sure remains.

How did I3v5y manage to rebuild his Rom?

At the moment we have no chance to rebuild a cooked Rom.

That was also the reason why I asked I3v5y how he managed it to cook the Rom. Did he develop a tool that is able to rebuild the files to .bin oder .tsw? But no answer :(

We'll have no chance to rebuild a Rom until cedesmith integrates this feature in his tool.

If he doesn't integrate it, then I would say that the development is lost and cooking won't be able in the future.

We only can hope that cedesmith continous his work. Otherwise every test-device ist worth nothing.

I appellee to cedesmith that he doesn't forsake us.
Well I dont know how he did it... he is a MONSTER at making application, he was originally making his own tool for the TG01, but then stopped......
so maybe he added his on codes, idk.
But I am sure he did something special.

bib*oops

Oct 15, 2009
What's next?
Cedesmith is leaving??!! Did I get it wrong?
After all his hard work, he's leaving just like that ...?
Some-body/thing probably got him mad?
I'm a little confused...

Last edited:

cedesmith

Feb 3, 2010
not leaving, slowing down. spent too much of last 2 weeks on this neglecting my work.
i will still work on it when i have mood and spare time but not risk and test it on my phone.

i refused wen's initial proposal to transfer donations to me as i thought we are not near enough of testing it on the phone.
now that we are there wen told me that he sent a part of donations to someone else and asked me how much i think i deserve. i felt offended as to me it implied that he didn't think i deserve all donations (that will not even cover what i paid for the phone).
that made me realize that i do wrong on negating work for this... so enough playing.... back to work.

as a side note i think Windows Mobile is dieing and i'm more interested in android at this point.
i would be interested in porting android to TG01 as a great learning experience (as tgtool was) but i'm the only one.
so at this point i strongly feel that i should sell my TG01 and get a Nexus or a Desire

bib*oops

Oct 15, 2009
not leaving, slowing down. spent too much of last 2 weeks on this neglecting my work.
i will still work on it when i have mood and spare time but not risk and test it on my phone.

i refused wen's initial proposal to transfer donations to me as i thought we are not near enough of testing it on the phone.
now that we are there wen told me that he sent a part of donations to someone else and asked me how much i think i deserve. i felt offended as to me it implied that he didn't think i deserve all donations (that will not even cover what i paid for the phone).
that made me realize that i do wrong on negating work for this... so enough playing.... back to work.

as a side note i think Windows Mobile is dieing and i'm more interested in android at this point.
i would be interested in porting android to TG01 as a great learning experience (as tgtool was) but i'm the only one.
so at this point i strongly feel that i should sell my TG01 and get a Nexus or a Desire
I'm with you...

Alucard24

Dec 7, 2009
Cedesmith it was only an error, don't feel offended.We all can donate the rest so you could buy your new nexus one.Other few days of full immersion and we'll get the first cooked rom.You are our hope.
Guys, we must donate all together so Cedesmith will release the final version of his tgtool sooner.

bib*oops

Oct 15, 2009
Cedesmith it was only an error, don't feel offended.We all can donate the rest so you could buy your new nexus one.Other few days of full immersion and we'll get the first cooked rom.You are our hope.
Guys, we must donate all together so Cedesmith will release the final version of his tgtool sooner.

Totally agree...
And good night to all of you, I'm over & out(for the moment)!

pipolas

Jan 9, 2008
I am very interesting in having android on my tg01, like alot of people here, but i didn't talk about that, because for me it implies that we must have a cooked rom first..I think that we should go step by step.
Maybe, we could start with a good cooked rom, and then see what we can do about android...?
The tg01 could be a very good phone with a good rom, and could be a very good android phone with android on it..!

If we have to donate for your android phone, no problem.
How much do you need to keep your tg01?
Just tell us!

I hope you will continue your fantastic job!
We have never been so near of a cooked rom...With your help ( you're not the only one of course :) ) we can have it!

I hope to have good news soon..!

Nicolas.
ps: Again, sorry for my english, it's a pain!

arag0n85

Jul 29, 2009

cedemish I have an idea to not risk any TG01 in the flashing process. It may workd just depending about how the encryptation works. We just need to know if the encryptation is done by independent blocks or the encryptator has memory and the encryptation of the next block is related to the block before it.

If the encryptation is independent, we may be able to repack the tsw file by this way:

-The tool needs a *.os.nb.payload file and a original toshiba's tsw file.

-The rebuilding process would be this:
  • read the tsw file until we find the wm1,wm2,wm3,wm4 files copying the tsw to a new file without changes.
  • once the tool detects the wm1,wm2,wm3,wm4, the tool drops this info and packs the new payload on it's position.
  • after the payload is packed, the tool uses again the origina tsw bytes to end the new tsw file

With this method we have assured that the SDDL will be flashed correctly because it hasn't been changed. The worst problem we may find is a non bootable rom or a flashing that doesn't work until the end. In any case, I belive that the SDDL will be already flashed to be able to rescue the phone.

What do you think about this procedure?

cedesmith

Feb 3, 2010
@arag0n85
encryption from .bin to.tsw is standard des as decription is.
each block of 512 bytes has 10 bytes of ecc.

wmb1 where os starts is at the end of file and we can leave 0...wmb1 intact but and SDDL in place... but
catalog entries are are at beginning of rom file, messing them could make downloader to write over other blocks and then is game over.
as i said is 50%-50%, it doesn't seam that dangerous but nobody did it before and we don't know what is out there

arag0n85

Jul 29, 2009
@arag0n85
encryption from .bin to.tsw is standard des as decription is.
each block of 512 bytes has 10 bytes of ecc.

wmb1 where os starts is at the end of file and we can leave 0...wmb1 intact but and SDDL in place... but
catalog entries are are at beginning of rom file, messing them could make downloader to write over other blocks and then is game over.
as i said is 50%-50%, it doesn't seam that dangerous but nobody did it before and we don't know what is out there

So, as I understand we have a file at the begining with the start and end positions of the files in the tsw, and we need it to be correct right?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ......very easy to create a BRICK!

After rebuilding process is finalized, I will go deeper, get out the Toshiba app., put in SENSE 2.5, etc...this will be much easier to do.

As a start point, a 'plain vanilla' de-branded ROM would be a stunning success.

The future no doubt holds all sorts of possibilities with imported features, Sense, and so on, but I'd really counsel taking this slow and above all rigorously tested before anything more adventurous :)