[Q] Flash ICS with heimdell or odin instead of using .zips?

Search This thread

jago25_98

Jul 17, 2007
Every zip I try gives me a bootloop. Yes, I clear the cache, davork cache & factory reset.

All I want is an ICS rom back again.

Can't I just flash straight to ICS using hiemdall or Odin?

The problem I have is that nobody seems to document what stock rom they are starting out with.

The good news is that it's a lot easier to get a CWM Recovery menu with a hiemdall kernel flash.

What's the procedure for you? Which .ics odin ROM did you start with, did that include a CWM Recovery kernel and what did you flash next with it?

This is driving me mad. I've been at this for literally days now. I'd pay to get it sorted.

jago25_98

Jul 17, 2007
$10 reward

Please for the love of god!

Why does every .zip result in a boot loop and so I need to start again??

$10 reward via Bitcoin for help that gets this cleared up.

Lexrsk

Feb 28, 2012
most of the ICS ROM's require to be flashed twice if coming from a "stock" ROM. ie Samsung or Samsung Based. This is due to the different file system type

I believe that the only exception to this rule is if you are on CM7 and flashing to ICS

I personally have flashed successfully from Darky's 10.2 on JVQ kernel to Team ICS ICSSGS 4.2

Reactions: jago25_98

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    most of the ICS ROM's require to be flashed twice if coming from a "stock" ROM. ie Samsung or Samsung Based. This is due to the different file system type

I believe that the only exception to this rule is if you are on CM7 and flashing to ICS

I personally have flashed successfully from Darky's 10.2 on JVQ kernel to Team ICS ICSSGS 4.2