LG G6 heating up

Search This thread

anoop1005

May 2, 2017
I see the camera lens gets heated up after taking 5 to 6 snaps continuously. Also after using google maps & downloading some apps from play store, i see back side of the phone gets heated (not very extensive CPU operation).
Did anyone face similar issues?

skyfox99

Nov 8, 2007
I'm a Yank in Texas
Under heavy use this phone has to be the "coolest" running phone I've had in a long time. Even charging it gets warm, but not hot.

The phone getting warmer is normal with use, the camera is mostly software so it is CPU heavy.

If it's getting "hot" there's an issue. Remove the case if you have one on. See if that makes a difference.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

s88

Nov 27, 2009
i am having the same issue. did you find a solution to this yet?

steve13

May 27, 2010
Mine seems to be getting really warm too, after using it for a bit. I installed a temp monitoring app and my battery and you both go between 78-96f. Is that normal for this phone, or is it something that I should get an exchange over?

s88

Nov 27, 2009
my set hit 50c with light usage.. not sure what happen.
Camera app also use up alot of power

Saythis

Jan 30, 2012
my set hit 50c with light usage.. not sure what happen.
Camera app also use up alot of power

Mine only rose 10F after using the camera for a little while. Went from 78F to 88F. I recorded video, took a ton of photos repeatedly.

Just for comparison, after about 45 mins of gaming it tops out at 96-97F.

anilhk

May 1, 2007
My G6 is also heating up. Every time it heats up, I open the Battery Usage and stop "Media", just this one act makes the phone very cold in 2 minutes as if I have not used it for long time. What is this Media? how can I stop it automatically?

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Reactions: markfm

Swizzle82

Dec 20, 2013
Texas
If you disabled any apps you need to go back and clear data and force stop them. Also force stop android system. If yiu don't use smart settings clear it's data and force stop as well as myplaces and myplaces engine.

---------- Post added at 04:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 AM ----------

Also go to media storage and clear it's data. Then you will need to rescan the media using a media scanning app(not sure if it requires root), if so just reboot. You'll have to reset your ringtones and what not but might help stop it from scanning constantly. How big is your sdcard and how many files are on it?

ced206rc

May 29, 2014
Heating up and poor battery life

I got a 870ds. I noticed some heating up everytime the screen is on... Whatever app i use or whatever i do. The battery is getting down the same time and i'm struggling to finish à day of normal usage.... Anyone has an idea of what can cause such issues?Thx a lot

railfan-eric

May 1, 2016
Emporia
when i accidentally click on a 3rd party camera app like Open Camera and don't know it it gets real hot real fast. I don't know why it is. the stock camera never gets that hot even with shooting tons of video at the concert the other night.

Jostian

Oct 21, 2010
Pretoria
mine was getting warm sometimes but found it to be problem with apps/task running in background incorrectly (Greenify was my issue), uninstalled and phone remains cool even under quite heavy use.

Lukezee

Jul 18, 2017
Hi Jostian

An how i could find out wich Apps and tasks are running in teh backround incorrectly?

sandy601

Jul 20, 2017
I dont know how much will this affect, but I think using 3G/4G instead of wifi also makes the device get warm / hot faster..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mine seems to be getting really warm too, after using it for a bit. I installed a temp monitoring app and my battery and you both go between 78-96f. Is that normal for this phone, or is it something that I should get an exchange over?

35C (or 96F) is nothing to worry about. That's actually cool compared to most other phones.
    My G6 is also heating up. Every time it heats up, I open the Battery Usage and stop "Media", just this one act makes the phone very cold in 2 minutes as if I have not used it for long time. What is this Media? how can I stop it automatically?

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk
    Sounds like you have a rogue app. I don't think I've ever seen my media do that.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
    I have no problems at all. Phone stays cool all the time, even when playing games