FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

 View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.
 
1,598 Vote(s)
63.95%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.
 
415 Vote(s)
16.61%
I don't know.
 
486 Vote(s)
19.45%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,429 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,930
 
Post Reply Email Thread
13th February 2019, 04:29 PM |#42961  
SubwayChamp's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 593
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBlu_

Ok nvm that, I installed adb and fastboot again with this: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...8#post48915118 and now I don't get the error message anymore. However I ran into a different problem, again when attempting "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img":

Code:
target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
sending 'recovery' (34476 KB)...
OKAY [  0.742s]
writing 'recovery'...
(bootloader) Preflash validation failed
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 0.765s
I looked online and it seems it's a problem with Moto devices where they won't allow a software that's older than the current one to be flashed on the device. Again, found a few similar cases online but all of them required a stock ROM and, from what I could tell, did not have to do with Recovery/TWRP.
I feel kinda overwhelmed by all of this tbh, never thought it could be this difficult to simply root a smartphone. Could you please help me out?

Well, in the paper It should not be that hard to do it. In fastboot you can flash what you want ever that you typed the right sintaxis, your bootloader is unlocked and the size partition allows such sized file. Newer devices implemented some additional barriers depending on the bootloader version but in your case I don´t think that fastboot check if the file is current nor older so is a custom partition not a stock firmware part.

Moto devices have its own fastboot script (for most advanced task including unbrick), note if the fastboot files that you have are mfastboot or just fastboot, in the first case you have to type mfastboot followed by the related partition command. It looks like your recovery is a little large for this device, recheck the size.

If you want a simplified method unpack this zip in your main drive usually c: and put your recovery inside the folder, run as administrator "run-adb" file (no need to open a window with shift+right mouse button)
adb-run.zip

Also this tool is intended to do the job https://forum.xda-developers.com/dro...olkit-t3291256
 
 
13th February 2019, 05:40 PM |#42962  
SubwayChamp's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 593
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkjuggalo

So I've tried for the past 4 to 5 hours to find a fix for my issue and have tried multiple "fixes"and nothing works someone please help!!
I am on my Chromebook Linux installed everything should be updated.
I have a Galaxy s3 and when I try to run adb devices it comes back no permissions so I run sudo adb devices and it comes back with device number but won't let me anything. I've tried everything from restarting both devices unplugging and replugging revoking USB permissions turning off developer options turning them back on tried running different checks that I found online that says should pics when I plug USB cord into my S3 the little pop-up box that says allow USB permissions or whatever does not pop up it will not request to give permission for I cannot figure out why it will not do it please someone help

Maybe this help https://android.stackexchange.com/qu...e-in-my-new-pc
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SubwayChamp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SubwayChamp Ad-Free
13th February 2019, 05:54 PM |#42963  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubwayChamp

Well, in the paper It should not be that hard to do it. In fastboot you can flash what you want ever that you typed the right sintaxis, your bootloader is unlocked and the size partition allows such sized file. Newer devices implemented some additional barriers depending on the bootloader version but in your case I don´t think that fastboot check if the file is current nor older so is a custom partition not a stock firmware part.

Moto devices have its own fastboot script (for most advanced task including unbrick), note if the fastboot files that you have are mfastboot or just fastboot, in the first case you have to type mfastboot followed by the related partition command. It looks like your recovery is a little large for this device, recheck the size.

If you want a simplified method unpack this zip in your main drive usually c: and put your recovery inside the folder, run as administrator "run-adb" file (no need to open a window with shift+right mouse button)
Attachment 4704820

Also this tool is intended to do the job https://forum.xda-developers.com/dro...olkit-t3291256

Holy sh*t.
Is it bad that I didn't even know of the existence of Windroid? Wow. To think I have been struggling with this for as long as I've been ( )and there was just the right tool to do it in a few minutes.
Thank you very much for your time and patience helping a noob out
The Following User Says Thank You to ZBlu_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ZBlu_ Ad-Free
14th February 2019, 07:15 AM |#42964  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
Donate to Me
More
Trying to root my old Motorola Moto G3 and recieved the string of code that you input into the Motorola website. A "Request Key" button popped up, I clicked it. The site refreshed to an error page. I went back, it logged me out of my account so I signed back in. Tried the string again and it said my phone wasn't unlockable. So I waited for an email with my Key and it's been a full day. I emailed Motorola and no response.

What can I do? I need to unlock this bootloader.
14th February 2019, 08:55 AM |#42965  
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarkingPup

Trying to root my old Motorola Moto G3 and recieved the string of code that you input into the Motorola website. A "Request Key" button popped up, I clicked it. The site refreshed to an error page. I went back, it logged me out of my account so I signed back in. Tried the string again and it said my phone wasn't unlockable. So I waited for an email with my Key and it's been a full day. I emailed Motorola and no response.

What can I do? I need to unlock this bootloader.

Did you check your spam folder? Check all folders.

Sent from my MotoG3 using XDA Labs
14th February 2019, 09:04 AM |#42966  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFire1024

Did you check your spam folder? Check all folders.

Sent from my MotoG3 using XDA Labs

Spam, Promotions, Social, Inbox, even checked my other two email accounts seperately just in case. Nothing.
14th February 2019, 10:10 AM |#42967  
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarkingPup

Spam, Promotions, Social, Inbox, even checked my other two email accounts seperately just in case. Nothing.

Double check you copied everything properly from the command line. If that fails, Iwould first do a factory reset then try getting the code again. If that doesn't work, try flashing your stock firmware. I don't know if Motorola has an expiration on emails sent vs the amount of times you can request, if there are any limit.

Edit: I unlocked my G3 a month or two ago or so. So it was still eligible then.

Sent from my MotoG3 using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to DragonFire1024 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DragonFire1024 Ad-Free
14th February 2019, 02:26 PM |#42968  
sbkjuggalo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag A-town (amarillo) Sh*thole
Thanks Meter: 180
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubwayChamp

Maybe this help https://android.stackexchange.com/qu...e-in-my-new-pc

ok ive looked into that and i had no success ive gotten into some of my chromebooks system files and looked around and i am not seeing anything that souldnt be there. so i have continued on the search this morning and now following the advice of yet another help page that says pretty much the same as the other fixes that people have used i recived two diffrent responces in adb

[email protected] / $ sudo adb devices
List of devices attached
541d2626 unauthorized

[email protected] / $ sudo adb reboot recovery
error: device unauthorized. Please check the confirmation dialog on your device.

[email protected] / $ sudo rm -rf .android
[email protected] / $ adb start-server
adb server version (32) doesn't match this client (40); killing...
* daemon started successfully
[email protected] / $ adb server
ADB server didn't ACK
Full server startup log: /tmp/adb.1000.log
Server had pid: 18196
--- adb starting (pid 18196) ---
adb I 02-14 07:52:58 18196 18196 main.cpp:56] Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.40
adb I 02-14 07:52:58 18196 18196 main.cpp:56] Version 4986621
adb I 02-14 07:52:58 18196 18196 main.cpp:56] Installed as /usr/local/bin/adb
adb I 02-14 07:52:58 18196 18196 main.cpp:56]
error: could not install *smartsocket* listener: Address already in use

* could not start server *

[email protected] / $ sudo adb kill-server
[email protected] / $ sudo adb start-server
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
[email protected] / $ sudo adb devices
List of devices attached
541d2626 unauthorized

[email protected] / $ adb devices
List of devices attached
adb server version (32) doesn't match this client (40); killing...
* daemon started successfully
541d2626 no permissions; see [http://developer.android.com/tools/device.html]

[email protected] / $ sudo adb kill-server
[email protected] / $ sudo adb start-server
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
[email protected] / $ sudo adb devices
List of devices attached
541d2626 unauthorized

[email protected] / $ adb devices
List of devices attached
adb server version (32) doesn't match this client (40); killing...
* daemon started successfully
541d2626 no permissions; see [http://developer.android.com/tools/device.html]

the last no permissions after looking it up all leads me to android emulaters and i am not running one to test a app i can not get galaxy s4 to connect. still can not get any dialoge from phone to ask about allowing from my computer.

i do not have this issue with any other device. sorry if this is a easy fix and i cant figure it out. any pointers would be nice
14th February 2019, 06:17 PM |#42969  
SubwayChamp's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 593
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkjuggalo

ok ive looked into that and i had no success ive gotten into some of my chromebooks system files and looked around and i am not seeing anything that souldnt be there. so i have continued on the search this morning and now following the advice of yet another help page that says pretty much the same as the other fixes that people have used i recived two diffrent responces in adb

[email protected] / $ sudo adb devices
List of devices attached
541d2626 unauthorized

[email protected] / $ sudo adb reboot recovery
error: device unauthorized. Please check the confirmation dialog on your device.

[email protected] / $ sudo rm -rf .android
[email protected] / $ adb start-server
adb server version (32) doesn't match this client (40); killing...
* daemon started successfully
[email protected] / $ adb server
ADB server didn't ACK
Full server startup log: /tmp/adb.1000.log
Server had pid: 18196
--- adb starting (pid 18196) ---
adb I 02-14 07:52:58 18196 18196 main.cpp:56] Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.40
adb I 02-14 07:52:58 18196 18196 main.cpp:56] Version 4986621
adb I 02-14 07:52:58 18196 18196 main.cpp:56] Installed as /usr/local/bin/adb
adb I 02-14 07:52:58 18196 18196 main.cpp:56]
error: could not install *smartsocket* listener: Address already in use

* could not start server *

[email protected] / $ sudo adb kill-server
[email protected] / $ sudo adb start-server
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
[email protected] / $ sudo adb devices
List of devices attached
541d2626 unauthorized

[email protected] / $ adb devices
List of devices attached
adb server version (32) doesn't match this client (40); killing...
* daemon started successfully
541d2626 no permissions; see [http://developer.android.com/tools/device.html]

[email protected] / $ sudo adb kill-server
[email protected] / $ sudo adb start-server
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
[email protected] / $ sudo adb devices
List of devices attached
541d2626 unauthorized

[email protected] / $ adb devices
List of devices attached
adb server version (32) doesn't match this client (40); killing...
* daemon started successfully
541d2626 no permissions; see [http://developer.android.com/tools/device.html]

the last no permissions after looking it up all leads me to android emulaters and i am not running one to test a app i can not get galaxy s4 to connect. still can not get any dialoge from phone to ask about allowing from my computer.

i do not have this issue with any other device. sorry if this is a easy fix and i cant figure it out. any pointers would be nice

It seems that the issue is in your device itself but to be sure Did you try in other machine or using a different OS?. I never had this issue in my GS4, guessing that you dirty flashed some custom roms it remains traces of old files in your system so It could help by doing a factory reset (taking a backup before).

Also there is some helpul apps like ADB Connect (No Root) from Play Store.

It could happen that you have most of one Samsung drivers version and this could cause conflicts, uninstall all of them and then install the last stable version.
14th February 2019, 07:12 PM |#42970  
YiNiX's Avatar
Member
Flag Sarajevo
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Hello friends, Im back, haha. I decided to try Magisk, so I installed TWRP on new firmware and flashed a Magisk, installed Magisk Manager and now I wanted to install xposed again because OBB on SD card, I downloaded old version to be sure that I dont get bootloop and tried flashing it with manager but this is what happens when I try to install module. Pic - https://imgur.com/a/0bEiDMU
14th February 2019, 08:26 PM |#42971  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Help with my phone
Hi, it's me again, i finally rooted my Energy S500E, it has an MTK6580 and mtkdroidtools dont recognize it, and i want to know how to get an recovery (like cwm or twrp) for it, if anyone can help me please.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes