FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.

1,598 Vote(s)
63.95%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.

415 Vote(s)
16.61%
I don't know.

486 Vote(s)
19.45%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,429 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,930

Post Reply Email Thread
20th May 2019, 08:19 PM |#43481  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I seem to be having trouble with the language from my bluetooth keyboard to my tablet. I have the Lenovo Tab4 8 Plus. Had it for over 6 months now and I always use the keyboard to type. I can't get the hang of typing on the screen. Just today, I noticed that it is writing some other language down. One that goes from right to left. For example, I have written the first sentence of this post on google docs and taken a screenshot and attached it.

I have spent quite some time trying to find ways to change the language in settings and i haven't found one yet. Only the pop up touch keyboard writes in English. I have tried with several of my other bluetooth keyboards as well as ones that attach to the USB port with an adapter, and they all now seem to type in this same language. Until today, this was never the case and it is really odd. As i have my tablet in a keyboard case with a touchpad too, i effectively use it as a laptop. I can't really use it unless this problem can be solved.

Does anyone know how i can change this back? This keyboard isn't totally the UK layout. I'm not sure what it is, but with every other tablet and this one until now, it is recognised and every key does as it should. That is no longer the case. Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-05-20-20-08-46.jpeg
Views:	86
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	4762528  

20th May 2019, 11:50 PM |#43482  
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGiantHogweed

I seem to be having trouble with the language from my bluetooth keyboard to my tablet. I have the Lenovo Tab4 8 Plus. Had it for over 6 months now and I always use the keyboard to type. I can't get the hang of typing on the screen. Just today, I noticed that it is writing some other language down. One that goes from right to left. For example, I have written the first sentence of this post on google docs and taken a screenshot and attached it.

I have spent quite some time trying to find ways to change the language in settings and i haven't found one yet. Only the pop up touch keyboard writes in English. I have tried with several of my other bluetooth keyboards as well as ones that attach to the USB port with an adapter, and they all now seem to type in this same language. Until today, this was never the case and it is really odd. As i have my tablet in a keyboard case with a touchpad too, i effectively use it as a laptop. I can't really use it unless this problem can be solved.

Does anyone know how i can change this back? This keyboard isn't totally the UK layout. I'm not sure what it is, but with every other tablet and this one until now, it is recognised and every key does as it should. That is no longer the case. Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

It should be something like going to system settings>language & keyboard/input, you should see the Bluetooth keyboard listed as one of the available input settings/devices, select it and then you should see where it shows the language for that input device, set the language and keyboard layout to the language/country you want.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
21st May 2019, 07:36 AM |#43483  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

It should be something like going to system settings>language & keyboard/input, you should see the Bluetooth keyboard listed as one of the available input settings/devices, select it and then you should see where it shows the language for that input device, set the language and keyboard layout to the language/country you want.

This attached screenshot is all i can see in language and input settings. On all my other tablets an i think used to be the case on this one, whenever a bluetooth keyboard is connected, there is an option for physical keyboard. I was in the language and input settings for a while yesterday trying to do things but I couldn't sort the issue out. connecting a bluetooth keyboard I would have thought is a rather common thing for people to do with tablets so I don't know why i can't find the options to change the language. I've used this tablet with at least 3 different bluetooth keyboards in the past and it used to automatically know the layout of them. Now it seems fixed in arabic or something no matter what keyboard you use.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_2019-05-21-07-28-59.jpeg
Views:	36
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	4762771  
21st May 2019, 12:56 PM |#43484  
Quote:

This attached screenshot is all i can see in language and input settings. On all my other tablets an i think used to be the case on this one, whenever a bluetooth keyboard is connected, there is an option for physical keyboard. I was in the language and input settings for a while yesterday trying to do things but I couldn't sort the issue out. connecting a bluetooth keyboard I would have thought is a rather common thing for people to do with tablets so I don't know why i can't find the options to change the language. I've used this tablet with at least 3 different bluetooth keyboards in the past and it used to automatically know the layout of them. Now it seems fixed in arabic or something no matter what keyboard you use.

The keyboard must be connected to the device when you go to that setting, it will not list the Bluetooth keyboard as one of the available input methods without being powered on and connected. I only see it listing your standard virtual keyboard.

21st May 2019, 02:00 PM |#43485  

More
I know for certain that the keyboard is connected as i was using the touchpad built in to it to navigate around. On my old tablet which i am currently using to type this now, with a bluetooth keyboard, it says physical keyboard and there is an option to change the language. The top option allows me to change the language. And at the top of the list, is arabic which maybe explains why my other tablet goes to this. But on my Lenovo tablet, even when i know the keyboard is connected, i do not see a physical option in language and input settings and i can't understand why. I'm almost wondering if there has been some update that has introduced some compatability problem. I have checked what you said with 2 other tablets, they are as you stated and only show it if the keyboard is connected. But that isn't the case with my Lenovo tablet.
21st May 2019, 03:52 PM |#43486  
Quote:

I know for certain that the keyboard is connected as i was using the touchpad built in to it to navigate around. On my old tablet which i am currently using to type this now, with a bluetooth keyboard, it says physical keyboard and there is an option to change the language. The top option allows me to change the language. And at the top of the list, is arabic which maybe explains why my other tablet goes to this. But on my Lenovo tablet, even when i know the keyboard is connected, i do not see a physical option in language and input settings and i can't understand why. I'm almost wondering if there has been some update that has introduced some compatability problem. I have checked what you said with 2 other tablets, they are as you stated and only show it if the keyboard is connected. But that isn't the case with my Lenovo tablet.

Try booting to recovery and wipe the cache partition. This sometimes straightens out issues with Bluetooth devices.

21st May 2019, 08:42 PM |#43487  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

Try booting to recovery and wipe the cache partition. This sometimes straightens out issues with Bluetooth devices.

I have done that now. I also disabled bluetooth and also removed any devices i had connected to it before. I then linked this keyboard and the same problem is here. Stuck in the first language that would be in the list (that would be if i could see it). But there is no option for physical keyboard in the "keyboard and input methods " section of language and input. I guess my next option may be to contact Lenovo. Or I may end up totally resetting it to default and see if that sorts it out. But it will be very poor if it is impossible to write any other language with any external keyboard. I just can't understand what triggered this when it has been fine up to the past 2 days.

I do apprichiate your help. I really hope there will be some way to solve this as i type an awful lot on my tablet and being without a useable physical keyboard is very difficult as the touch one is a pain and fills most of the screen.
21st May 2019, 09:10 PM |#43488  

More
Just to put it simply, here is a picture of what I'm able to see in the language and input settings page. My Lenovo tablet with the issue is on the right. It seems really odd. It is obvious that the keyboard is connected to my Lenovo, as the touchpad works and it does type, just in the wrong language. But when i look in physical keyboard setting on my old tablet which is using an almost identical keyboard, i can see that arabic is the top option. but this has detected it is english and has recognised it correctly. I simply do not see the physical keyboard option any more on my Lenovo which I know for certain always used to be there. Incredibly strange.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P1040349.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	225.6 KB
ID:	4763157  
22nd May 2019, 08:38 AM |#43489  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hi again,
I have tried 4-5 custom roms to flash on oneplus 5 but I found only one working custom ROM, AOSP extended Oreo 8.1.. Now my question is about to downgrade oneplus 5.. I am looking for any method to install Android KitKat on oneplus 5.. Is it possible to install Android KitKat on oneplus 5, it may be a irritating question to you but sometimes it's irritating to me when I don't find any solution to downgrade any firmware.. Nowadays it's being a problematic to install xposed on pie, I don't want to go with pie.. All the updates are not good in all respects.. So if anyone can guide me to install android KitKat on oneplus 5 then it would be helpful..
22nd May 2019, 12:02 PM |#43490  
Thanks Meter: 285

More
KEYWORDS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhananjayamishra

Hi again,
I have tried 4-5 custom roms to flash on oneplus 5 but I found only one working custom ROM, AOSP extended Oreo 8.1.. Now my question is about to downgrade oneplus 5.. I am looking for any method to install Android KitKat on oneplus 5.. Is it possible to install Android KitKat on oneplus 5, it may be a irritating question to you but sometimes it's irritating to me when I don't find any solution to downgrade any firmware.. Nowadays it's being a problematic to install xposed on pie, I don't want to go with pie.. All the updates are not good in all respects.. So if anyone can guide me to install android KitKat on oneplus 5 then it would be helpful..

Well-chosen key-words, or key-phrases, applied at the proper time can unlock a wealth of information otherwise obscured.
Usage is a fundamental skill in such technical matters, and one would be best served by acquiring, utilizing, and enhancing one's search-related skills when any opportunity presents itself.
Reading will be required; comprehension, also compulsory: CLICK HERE.

I do not believe reversion to a Kit Kat ROM is possible or, more importantly, necessary if Xposed integration is your objective.
Example: CLICK HERE.
Please be advised, you will generally receive no support from ROM developers regarding implementation of system-level modifiers --such as Xposed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GOOGLE_USER For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GOOGLE_USER Ad-Free
22nd May 2019, 12:52 PM |#43491  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thanks for the reply.. I am looking for any person who can assist me to install android KitKat on oneplus 5; no philosophy please..
The Following User Says Thank You to Dhananjayamishra For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dhananjayamishra Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)