FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

 View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.
 
1,597 Vote(s)
63.93%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.
 
415 Vote(s)
16.61%
I don't know.
 
486 Vote(s)
19.46%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,429 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,930
 
Post Reply Email Thread
17th June 2019, 10:48 AM |#43601  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,292
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flandria4

Problem: blue bar on the bottom of my screen [see attachment]

Phone: OnePlus 5T
Launcher: Nova (prime, latest version)
Rooted: Yep, magisk
Android: 8.1

Anyone recognizes this? Rebooting doesn't help. Default launcher doesn't have the same issue. I didn't install new apps, auto update or tinkered with Nova settings for the past month.

Are you referring to the dock?
The Following User Says Thank You to sanguinesaintly For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sanguinesaintly Ad-Free
 
 
17th June 2019, 10:53 AM |#43602  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanguinesaintly

Are you referring to the dock?

I looked into my Nova settings under the keyword "dock" and I resolved the issue. Thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to Flandria4 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Flandria4 Ad-Free
20th June 2019, 04:28 AM |#43603  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Choosing the right device for twrp
The device I am using is called the huawei nova 3e. When selecting a device in twrp it doesn't have a nova 3e option but I've been looking around and the nova 3e is considered the lite version of the huawei p20 pro and in some cases is advertised as the "huawei p20 lite".
Should I choose the huawei p20 pro as my device for twrp? Is there another way to do this?
20th June 2019, 05:07 AM |#43604  
Ssssss8622's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsilleze

The device I am using is called the huawei nova 3e. When selecting a device in twrp it doesn't have a nova 3e option but I've been looking around and the nova 3e is considered the lite version of the huawei p20 pro and in some cases is advertised as the "huawei p20 lite".
Should I choose the huawei p20 pro as my device for twrp? Is there another way to do this?

Here https://drive.google.com/uc?export=d...6pQiC0wtzuSqTc
The Following User Says Thank You to Ssssss8622 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ssssss8622 Ad-Free
21st June 2019, 03:45 PM |#43605  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Request to be deleted
22nd June 2019, 12:25 PM |#43606  
Senior Member
Flag bendigo
Thanks Meter: 92
 
More
Hello. I've installed resurrection remix pie gsi but there's an error with gapps installation - there isn't enough space on system

I just need gplay services and play store. How can one install these alone from twrp or however so I can have google services on my phone??
22nd June 2019, 05:35 PM |#43607  
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_l367

Hello. I've installed resurrection remix pie gsi but there's an error with gapps installation - there isn't enough space on system

I just need gplay services and play store. How can one install these alone from twrp or however so I can have google services on my phone??

I have a feeling that you'll need more than just Google Play Services and PlayStore, there are other Google apps that are required for Google Play Services and PlayStore to work properly.

Which Gapps package are you using? Have you tried using nano or pico Gapps packages? They are the two smallest packages, maybe one of them is small enough to flash without exceeding space in system.

Or, you can try repartitioning your device to reduce space in one of your other less important partitions and add that space to your system partition. For example, you can reduce the size of your data partition and add that space to system. Just don't mess with any of your vital partitions.

Lanchon created a re-PIT method for the S2 I-9100 and its similar variants. You will be trying to do something similar but you might need to use a different method to achieve the same result.



Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
22nd June 2019, 05:42 PM |#43608  
Senior Member
Flag bendigo
Thanks Meter: 92
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

I have a feeling that you'll need more than just Google Play Services and PlayStore, there are other Google apps that are required for Google Play Services and PlayStore to work properly.

Which Gapps package are you using? Have you tried using nano or pico Gapps packages? They are the two smallest packages, maybe one of them is small enough to flash without exceeding space in system.

I'm using a different gsi with gapps. I don't like the sound of repartitioning or expanding system in twrp .
22nd June 2019, 05:55 PM |#43609  
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_l367

I'm using a different gsi with gapps. I don't like the sound of repartitioning or expanding system in twrp .

I don't see where it matters which ROM you are using, what is important is how much space you have and how big the gapps package is. Using the smallest available gapps package should work. And I didn't say anything about using TWRP to repartition the device.

If you can't get the smallest Gapps package to work, if it is also too big to fit in system, try extracting the smallest Gapps package and remove any of the Google apps from the package that you don't need/want, then try flashing the edited Gapps file.

You might have no choice except to repartition your device if you want to be able to flash Gapps. Other devices have had to do this in order to flash newer ROMs on older devices or ROMs on devices with limited internal storage.

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
22nd June 2019, 08:09 PM |#43610  
kuro_shiroi's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Why isn't Android Pie's Split Screen feature cannot be interchangeable anymore, not like android Oreo?
22nd June 2019, 08:33 PM |#43611  
xunholyx's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 4,969
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuro_shiroi

Why isn't Android Pie's Split Screen feature cannot be interchangeable anymore, not like android Oreo?

What do you mean by interchangeable? I don't understand
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes