FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[STABLE][2016.07.05] SuperSU v2.76 [CLOSED]

11,416 posts
Thanks Meter: 88,035
 
By Chainfire, Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 9th March 2012, 09:20 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
21st March 2014, 02:48 PM |#5021  
Chainfire's Avatar
OP Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?
Thanks Meter: 88,035
 
Donate to Me
More
N7100 NB4 4.4.2 leak force close fix
Attached is a v1.94 version of SuperSU for the N7100 NB4 4.4.2 leak that FC's on open.

This is not an 'official' release and it will not be spread through Play. Something about this firmware's framework doesn't play nice with Google's v4 support lib. This is definitely a bug in the firmware, I hope this firmware will not see official release from Samsung. Though this issue would occur with very few apps, this problem is not limited to SuperSU.

It is absolutely no use installing this version instead of the v1.93 release on any other firmware than N7100 NB4.
Attached Files
File Type: apk SuperSU-v1.94-n7100-nb4-leak.apk - [Click for QR Code] (2.17 MB, 2817 views)
The Following 69 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
21st March 2014, 04:32 PM |#5022  
Elzbach's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutantkeyboard

I don't know is it the new update for SuperSU or is Paranoid OTA, but my root access is completely screwed up. Basically I can't update binary any way. I tried to install zip from recovery (I use CWM touch and SuperSU Pro) but CWM aborts installation and says bad zip. I tried with older version 0.97 and it installs, but it can't update binary either. I tried downloading ChainsDD binary and installing it instead and it didn't work. The worse thing is that it shows the list of apps that require root access and it says "The app has been granted superuser permissions for interactive shell" but it doesn't work.
Any suggestions without involving factory reset or installing TWRP recovery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajju73

Try un checking the respect CM settings option and reboot.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I have a similar problem. I also get the message "The app has been granted superuser permissions for interactive shell" but in the app itself it says that it still needs superuser permissions. BotBrew Basil is the only app that notifies me of this, but the problem is evident in other apps that need root access too. I have the option to respect CM root settings unchecked, and the option checked to display warning if permission.ACCESS_SUPERUSER permission is not declared in manifest.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-21-11-21-11.jpg
Views:	1364
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	2642360   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-21-11-21-26.jpg
Views:	1344
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	2642361  
The Following User Says Thank You to Elzbach For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Elzbach Ad-Free
21st March 2014, 05:51 PM |#5023  
YOSEFE's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 117
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

Attached is a v1.94 version of SuperSU for the N7100 NB4 4.4.2 leak that FC's on open.

This is not an 'official' release and it will not be spread through Play. Something about this firmware's framework doesn't play nice with Google's v4 support lib. This is definitely a bug in the firmware, I hope this firmware will not see official release from Samsung. Though this issue would occur with very few apps, this problem is not limited to SuperSU.

It is absolutely no use installing this version instead of the v1.93 release on any other firmware than N7100 NB4.

Chainfire,
thanks all the same.

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elzbach

I have a similar problem. I also get the message "The app has been granted superuser permissions for interactive shell" but in the app itself it says that it still needs superuser permissions. BotBrew Basil is the only app that notifies me of this, but the problem is evident in other apps that need root access too. I have the option to respect CM root settings unchecked, and the option checked to display warning if permission.ACCESS_SUPERUSER permission is not declared in manifest.

Is this still the case after the 1.94 posted by Chainfre?
21st March 2014, 06:17 PM |#5024  
Elzbach's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOSEFE

Chainfire,
thanks all the same.

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------



Is this still the case after the 1.94 posted by Chainfre?

Unfortunately, yes.

My device is a Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-1337, Android version 4.3, and I'm running CM 10.2-20130816-NIGHTLY-jflteatt if that helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to Elzbach For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Elzbach Ad-Free
21st March 2014, 06:25 PM |#5025  
YOSEFE's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 117
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elzbach

Unfortunately, yes.

My device is a Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-1337, Android version 4.3, and I'm running CM 10.2-20130816-NIGHTLY-jflteatt if that helps.

Thank you for sharing.
The Following User Says Thank You to YOSEFE For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift YOSEFE Ad-Free
22nd March 2014, 01:50 PM |#5026  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 48
 
More
@YOSEFE & @Elzbach: some apps also need busybox installed to work. If you've already done it, please disregard.

... Moto X VZW DE ...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wmarcin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wmarcin Ad-Free
23rd March 2014, 10:57 AM |#5027  
Senior Member
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
I updated to 1.93 and everything works just dandy, except for actually becoming root through shell access:

Code:
adb shell
[email protected]:/ $ su -
1|[email protected]:/ $ id
uid=2000(shell) gid=2000(shell) groups=1003(graphics),1004(input),1007(log),1009(mount),1011(adb),1015(sdcard_rw),1028(sdcard_r),3001(net_bt_admin),3002(net_bt),3003(inet),3006(net_bw_stats) context=u:r:shell:s0
[email protected]:/ $
Is this ROM specific (Using AOSB 1.3.2 here) and what do I have to do to finally see '#'?
23rd March 2014, 12:18 PM |#5028  
Frank Westlake's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 277
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DF5JT

I updated to 1.93 and everything works just dandy, except for actually becoming root through shell access..

Shell access is through an application which gets root access the same as other applications.

Quote:

Is this ROM specific (Using AOSB 1.3.2 here) and what do I have to do to finally see '#'?

The procedure for installing 'su' is device specific; use a forum for your device to learn how to install 'su'.

Frank

SGH-I717(AoCP6.4), SM-N900V/MI9(dlV), XDA Premium
23rd March 2014, 01:08 PM |#5029  
Senior Member
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Westlake

Shell access is through an application which gets root access the same as other applications.

We have a misunderstanding here.

I get root in a shell on the device itself, i.e.e in a terminal emulator.

I do not get root through "adb shell"

Why?
23rd March 2014, 03:27 PM |#5030  
egingell's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,072
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DF5JT

We have a misunderstanding here.

I get root in a shell on the device itself, i.e.e in a terminal emulator.

I do not get root through "adb shell"

Why?

Stock kernel? No direct root through the stock kernel. Use adb shell su -c COMMAND or type su when you get to the shell prompt.

Sent from: SGS2 - JB 4.1.2 GB27 / SGS4 - JB 4.2.2 MF9
23rd March 2014, 05:47 PM |#5031  
Chainfire's Avatar
OP Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?
Thanks Meter: 88,035
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DF5JT

I updated to 1.93 and everything works just dandy, except for actually becoming root through shell access:

Code:
adb shell
[email protected]:/ $ su -
1|[email protected]:/ $ id
uid=2000(shell) gid=2000(shell) groups=1003(graphics),1004(input),1007(log),1009(mount),1011(adb),1015(sdcard_rw),1028(sdcard_r),3001(net_bt_admin),3002(net_bt),3003(inet),3006(net_bw_stats) context=u:r:shell:s0
[email protected]:/ $
Is this ROM specific (Using AOSB 1.3.2 here) and what do I have to do to finally see '#'?

In SuperSU, search for a setting to respect your custom ROM's root settings. In device Settings, either under Developer Options or Security, there may be an option to restrict root to apps only. Changing one of those may solve your problem.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
root, super user functions
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes