[Q] Google Play / Play Store Server Error

Search This thread

freakyfingers

Aug 18, 2011
Caracas
Hello Comunity,
I flashed ICS on my SGSII like 1 or 2 weeks ago it was working great, even Android Market updated to Play Store and it was working OK.
My SGSII is International Version, not locked. It's not rooted. Bought in Dubai, got to change the Sales Code to UK (UAE was not available since it was a European ROM?) when I flashed with the ICS.

Last night (23rd March 2012) I was trying to download some free apps from Play Store App and it was displaying Error -101, for several attempts and for different apps. Keep in mind that yesterday I did not use Play Store, also the system did not update anything during the day.

Tried Clearing cache and data of Google Play/Market.
I got the screen that says Android Market is upgrading to Google Play.. blah blah blah.. press continue

But then after that now Play Store is not connecting, it says Server Error, with a Retry Button.

Tried again Clearing cache and Data... no success. Same Server Error.
Restarted the phone... no success. Same Server Error.
Tried deleting my google account and enter it again... no success... and guess what? Same Server Error.

This started approx @ 1900-2000 GMT +3. Let's see if tonight it fix by itself (but I don't think so, since the 24 hrs ban due to excess downloading from the Store is dismissed).

Any ideas how to solve this?

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I was having this problems yesterday (Friday). So I cleared data on Play Store app, deleted market links with Ti. Then I rebooted & used the Market Doctor in Ti to restore those links, then rebooted again.

Decided to leave it overnight before I gave the Market another try, and I've just tried it now. No problems at all updating apps (not getting that 101 error), and apps are correctly linked to Market again; have all my apps in installed/updated (before I did that thing with Ti yesterday, Market had nothing in "installed", everything was in "All").

antzlisoul

Mar 1, 2012
I have the same problem, it was working perfectly fine until yesterday. Same problem that you encounter. Is this is a server problem? did it fix the problem right now by itself?? Please let me know because I still have the same problem as of now.

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

Hello Comunity,
I flashed ICS on my SGSII like 1 or 2 weeks ago it was working great, even Android Market updated to Play Store and it was working OK.
My SGSII is International Version, not locked. It's not rooted. Bought in Dubai, got to change the Sales Code to UK (UAE was not available since it was a European ROM?) when I flashed with the ICS.

Last night (23rd March 2012) I was trying to download some free apps from Play Store App and it was displaying Error -101, for several attempts and for different apps. Keep in mind that yesterday I did not use Play Store, also the system did not update anything during the day.

Tried Clearing cache and data of Google Play/Market.
I got the screen that says Android Market is upgrading to Google Play.. blah blah blah.. press continue

But then after that now Play Store is not connecting, it says Server Error, with a Retry Button.

Tried again Clearing cache and Data... no success. Same Server Error.
Restarted the phone... no success. Same Server Error.
Tried deleting my google account and enter it again... no success... and guess what? Same Server Error.

This started approx @ 1900-2000 GMT +3. Let's see if tonight it fix by itself (but I don't think so, since the 24 hrs ban due to excess downloading from the Store is dismissed).

Any ideas how to solve this?

I had the same problem as you described since yesterday. I tried everything that you have mentioned too and still giving me server error with the retry button. Did you resolved your problem?? I'm still having the same problem as of now.

freakyfingers

Aug 18, 2011
Caracas
....Did you resolved your problem?? I'm still having the same problem as of now.

Not yet... I just downloaded Ti apk and patcher, but I will need to root my phone... I just don't want to switch to the Dark Side. I'll wait until tonight to root it, or maybe when I get home (April) since I'm overseas and I don't want to lose the only Communication Tool (My precious SGSII) that I have to contact home. Need to read a lot 'bout rooting.

As soon as it's fixed will let you now in this thread.

Reactions: MistahBungle

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Yep let us know how you go with it. That way we can confirm whether what I did yesterday fixes this problem or not. Good luck ;)

Edit to add - Almost forgot. If you do use the market tools in Ti, only use them for user apps & not system apps.

Last edited:

antzlisoul

Mar 1, 2012
Not yet... I just downloaded Ti apk and patcher, but I will need to root my phone... I just don't want to switch to the Dark Side. I'll wait until tonight to root it, or maybe when I get home (April) since I'm overseas and I don't want to lose the only Communication Tool (My precious SGSII) that I have to contact home. Need to read a lot 'bout rooting.

I already rooted my phone, so i used the "advance task killer" and kill all pps and somehow I got it working again. But I know this is a galaxy SII section but I just wanted to let you know my galaxy tab 10.1 still have the same issue. server error with the retry button. I used something closed to advance task killer but still didn't work. So bottom line, I still don't know how to resolve this problem. Looking forward to what you can come up with.

masaud

Sep 30, 2011
Tripoli
I have same Server Error on my both Galaxy Note and Motorola Razr.I tried everything including Factory reset but still same issue.

It seems that google needs to setp in and fix this issue.

bojancincur

Mar 24, 2012
Podgorica
Hi all,

I fixed problem but you need to have rooted phone and install MarketEnabler app, here is a Google Play Server Error quick FIX http://viewoneworld.wordpress.com/2012/03/24/google-play-server-error-quick-fix - my blog post about it.

Its problem with some regional/provider specific markets/plays so you just need to fool it that you are from other region/provider...

Let me know if you have any problem with this fix...

Last edited:

freakyfingers

Aug 18, 2011
Caracas
Hi all,

I fixed problem but you need to have rooted phone and install MarketEnabler app, here is a Google Play Server Error quick FIX wp.me/pHVnr-9 - my blog post about it.

Its problem with some regional/provider specific markets/plays so you just need to fool it that you are from other region/provider...

Mmm, I'm using WIFI in this country. I tried two different ISP (in the same country) and the problem is still there.
By the way, when I flashed to the ICS, changed the Sales Code from UAE to UK (using the numpad with the IMEI thing)... If I do it again, is not the same thing? for example from UK to Poland somewhere in Europe (since the ICS flash is Europe)...

yugisop

Nov 2, 2011
Georgetown
Thanks dude...

Hi all,

I fixed problem but you need to have rooted phone and install MarketEnabler app, here is a Google Play Server Error quick FIX wp.me/pHVnr-9 - my blog post about it.

Been having the 'Server Error - RETRY' issues for the past 2 days and even tried manually installing the latest play store 3.5.15 with no luck.

Changed to US - Verizon using Market Enabler and all was well, was able to launch Play Store and update my applications... well all expcept Root Explorer which was giving a download failed error, but i'm sure I'll get this going shortly.

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

Mmm, I'm using WIFI in this country. I tried two different ISP (in the same country) and the problem is still there.
By the way, when I flashed to the ICS, changed the Sales Code from UAE to UK (using the numpad with the IMEI thing)... If I do it again, is not the same thing? for example from UK to Poland somewhere in Europe (since the ICS flash is Europe)...

If you said you 'flashed' to ICS... you may not be too far away from rooting.

Visit ChainFire's thread to find a suitable insecure kernel, i used CF-Root-SGS2_XX_XEO_LPQ-PROPER-v5.4-CWM5.zip (post #8) and be sure to read the 1 line of instruction :D in post #1 - ODIN (short).

antzlisoul

Mar 1, 2012
Google server problem

Been having the 'Server Error - RETRY' issues for the past 2 days and even tried manually installing the latest play store 3.5.15 with no luck.

Changed to US - Verizon using Market Enabler and all was well, was able to launch Play Store and update my applications... well all expcept Root Explorer which was giving a download failed error, but i'm sure I'll get this going shortly.

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

If you said you 'flashed' to ICS... you may not be too far away from rooting.

Visit ChainFire's thread to find a suitable insecure kernel, i used CF-Root-SGS2_XX_XEO_LPQ-PROPER-v5.4-CWM5.zip (post #8) and be sure to read the 1 line of instruction :D in post #1 - ODIN (short).

Guys, I had the same problem for 24 hours and believed me, I tried everything that has been suggested by this thread but it didn't do anything. Somehow I got everything up and running on its own. I truly believe it was a problem from the google side. So I guess, you just have to wait until they fix the server.

Cheers.

bojancincur

Mar 24, 2012
Podgorica
Glad that ME worked for u.

It seams that there is no Root Explorer app in US market... Not sure if its deleted from market.

Last edited:

bojancincur

Mar 24, 2012
Podgorica

I updated my post with US VPN solution that works even if device is not rooted http://viewoneworld.wordpress.com/2012/03/24/google-play-server-error-quick-fix check it out!

Reactions: freakyfingers

freakyfingers

Aug 18, 2011
Caracas
I updated my post with US VPN solution that works even if device is not rooted http://viewoneworld.wordpress.com/2012/03/24/google-play-server-error-quick-fix check it out!
bojancincur You are a genius!!!.
I did the VPN thing and it worked!!!! Right now updating AndroZip File Manager XD
Thank you.

When I read your blog, I was going to connect to my company VPN through Juniper's Network connect and share the internet connection from my laptop to the SGSII.

How to know which market my phone is connecting to?
Is it, by deault, connecting to the country assigned in the Sales Code?

But stop working once you disconnect from the VPN. I think I will change the Sales Code once I get home (since it involves a data wipe)

Last edited:

markledra

Mar 1, 2012
Play Store - Server Error

I'm Also having the same issue where in South America, Guyana with several other friends. Unable to access Android Market/Play Store since sometime last week. Its now Monday 3/26/2012 and still not able to access play store except "Server Error with retry button". Is this a problem on Google's side? If so, when will this issue be resolve. I have also tried Market Enabler but still NO LUCK!...I have Rooted Samsung Galaxy.

Please Help...Thanks with anticipation...

P.S....I have factory reset my phone and cleared data..So i need to have market working to get back some of the apps that i use..e.g. yahoo messenger, facebook, etc.

freakyfingers

Aug 18, 2011
Caracas
I'm Also having the same issue where in South America, Guyana with several other friends. Unable to access Android Market/Play Store since sometime last week. Its now Monday 3/26/2012 and still not able to access play store except "Server Error with retry button". Is this a problem on Google's side? If so, when will this issue be resolve. I have also tried Market Enabler but still NO LUCK!...I have Rooted Samsung Galaxy.

Please Help...Thanks with anticipation...

P.S....I have factory reset my phone and cleared data..So i need to have market working to get back some of the apps that i use..e.g. yahoo messenger, facebook, etc.
Try the VPN as suggested by bojancincur.
Go to vpnreactor dot com, create a free account and then follow the steps to configure a VPN on your phone!!! It worked for me.

mustapharma

Feb 20, 2012
kerbala
Google itself proplem

I ensure that the proplem from google because my sister s2 on stock rom have the same also my two freinds mobile so cheer up your phone has no proplem
And wait the fix

If I helped you give me a thanks by the way
And thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

I fixed problem but you need to have rooted phone and install MarketEnabler app, here is a Google Play Server Error quick FIX http://viewoneworld.wordpress.com/2012/03/24/google-play-server-error-quick-fix - my blog post about it.

I was having this problems yesterday (Friday). So I cleared data on Play Store app, deleted market links with Ti. Then I rebooted & used the Market Doctor in Ti to restore those links, then rebooted again.

Decided to leave it overnight before I gave the Market another try, and I've just tried it now. No problems at all updating apps (not getting that 101 error), and apps are correctly linked to Market again; have all my apps in installed/updated (before I did that thing with Ti yesterday, Market had nothing in "installed", everything was in "All").
    I was having this problems yesterday (Friday). So I cleared data on Play Store app, deleted market links with Ti. Then I rebooted & used the Market Doctor in Ti to restore those links, then rebooted again...

Excuse my ignorance, but what is Ti?
    Titanium Backup Pro :) It has market tools which can come in handy. Not saying it will definitely fix your problem (or that it definitely fixed mine; may have been coincidence), but it might.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is Ti?
    ....Did you resolved your problem?? I'm still having the same problem as of now.