[9001][ROM][PMEM][JB][4.3.1][JLS36I] CyanogenMod 10.2 by ADC Team - Release 1 (EOL) - Kernel 3.4.x

Search This thread

smitharro

Jan 2, 2012
Blokker
Yeah, we already know the laggy issue. I call it "Project Stutter" :D

Anyways, we know that it has something to the with the FrameBuffer, and it is caused by PMEM incompitability of Android 4.3.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Using K^Kernel for this rom with a little overclocking solved my lag "problem" (as far as it was a problem at all...) In the end I didn't even have to do a clean install. All working fine now! (Though I didn't wipe the Titanium Bakckup i made before installation for now...).

Reactions: Christopher83

naag.qc

Mar 22, 2013
Chennai
Gtalk is missing... it would e nice if you add this also, if some one wants to update hangouts they can do from play store... :)

JohnKersten

Feb 16, 2013
Enschede
Chapeau to all people working on this ROM.

It was a flashy weekend: ADC team with 10.1 RC6, David Teri with Paranoid Android 3.99 10.2 and now Alpha version of 10.2 from ADC, and not at least Christopher with his 2.1 version kernel for 10.2.

Keep on the great work guys.

Last edited:

kouros17

Dec 24, 2011
Athens
For me it's as good as cm10.1 with latest K^Kernel. :eek:
The battery life is also great. :good:
Many thanks to all developers!

JohnKersten

Feb 16, 2013
Enschede
For me it's as good as cm10.1 with latest K^Kernel. :eek:
The battery life is also great. :good:
Many thanks to all developers!

I can confirm this.
For regular use gmail, whatsapp, hangouts etc it's OK for me.

Only issue till now, is the 'Focal' camera, it stops after taking pictures and pictures taken cannot be found in gallery.
Is it a known issue?

davidteri91

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2012
Cinisello Balsamo
I can confirm this.
For regular use gmail, whatsapp, hangouts etc it's OK for me.

Only issue till now, is the 'Focal' camera, it stops after taking pictures and pictures taken cannot be found in gallery.
Is it a known issue?

Focal needed some changes in cameraHAL I don't know if you remember but in my old cm-10.2 I delete that app for the same reason and our device doesn't have giroscopy so that app is unneded for us

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 4

JohnKersten

Feb 16, 2013
Enschede
Focal needed some changes in cameraHAL I don't know if you remember but in my old cm-10.2 I delete that app for the same reason and our device doesn't have giroscopy so that app is unneded for us

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 4

Yep, your right, you told me before.
A liitle gap in my brain:silly:

BTW 'Carbon' background is used by default in this ROM.

Last edited:

okidokiss

Jan 25, 2010
Lisbon
I MUST try this :D
Can someone tell me what changes are expected? Please write something about it or screenshots. Settings, or what's different.
Thank you!

akiaki1

Mar 1, 2007
My gps is not working with this rom, no satellites found after two minutes, then a few visible.. Restart, cache cleaned, reinstalled still not working... Anyone else?

Reactions: draskome

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [9001][ROM][PMEM][JB][4.3.1][JLS36I] CyanogenMod 10.2 by ADC Team - Release 1 (EOL) - Kernel 3.4.x

attachment.php

Hi everyone,
    We are back! And we are proud to present our build of CyanogenMod 10.2 for the Galaxy S Plus (GT-I9001).

Currently the team is composed by the following members: (in alphabethic order)

[Dev] CastagnaIT, Christopher83, Educk, Ivendor, Krislibaeer
    [Tester] smeroni68, ktulu84, Xellar

What's working:
    Audio
    Receiving and making calls
    GPS
    Compass
    Proximity sensor
    Wifi
    Bluetooth
    USB mass storage
    HW accelerated gui
    HW accelerated video
    Camera
    BLNv9
    USB/Wifi tethering
    VSync
    USB OTG (Only FAT32 support) (check HERE the cables needed)
    Phantom key presses filtering

Partially working:
    Some graphical glitches in Panorama preview

Screenshots

Screenshot_2013-09-08-08-44-09.png
    Screenshot_2013-10-15-17-37-22.png
    Screenshot_2013-09-08-08-45-08.png

CM10.2Installation Guide

Note: CM for Galaxy S Plus is provided with no warranty. You are installing this software at your own risk. You may be violating your warranty.

Download CM10.2 and gapps-jb zips and put them in /sdcard

WARNING: TO FLASH YOU MUST USE ONE OF THE RECOVERY OF THE TEAM... IT'S NOT AN OPTIONAL CHOICE!!!

• 20131125 Release 1 (DL from Dev-Host) (DL from GDrive)
      MD5SUM: 365c47d4d6c37969a1764be274959154

ROM:
      • Change some mount points (credits to Arco68)
      • ariesve: switch to kernel build during compile rom (credits to krislibaeer)
      • SamsungRIL: Aling with CM's ME Depersonalization support (credits to erik96)
      • Initial support for the hardware tunables framework (credits to Czobor)
      • Overlay: Add custom arrays to base frameworks (credits to erik96)
      • BoardConfig: woraround create the folder /usr to prevent the build from failing (credits to krislibaeer)
      • Disable PhaseBeam scrolling (credits to Michael Bestas)
      • Set ro.telephony.call_ring.multiple=0 (credits to Arco68)
      • sepolicy: Add policy configuration for SELinux (credits to Christopher83)
      • ril: aligned custom ariesve ril to SamsungExynos3RIL Note: (credits to CastagnaIT)
      • Corrected the ril property and some updates (credits to CastagnaIT)
      • BoardConfig: removed no longer needed BOARD_USE_LEGACY_TOUCHSCREEN (credits to CastagnaIT)

20131124 KERNEL: (DL from Dev-Host)
      MD5SUM: 10670fffce44b9d7c46f2c1b3cf83d03

ATTENTION: This kernel is included in the rom... this download is in case of custom kernel installed and want to come back to stock!
      • Kernel 3.4.70
      • msm: kgsl: Avoid turning on GPU clock if already off (credits to Ananta Kishore K)
      • Revert "ALSA: fix oops in snd_pcm_info() caused by ASoC DPCM" (credits to Christopher83)
      • Add exFAT support (credits to radu) (Tested on Samsung 64GB SDXC uhs1 PRO card)
      • Update defconfigs for exFAT support (credits to Christopher83)
      • msm: vidc: Reset stop_called state when START is called (credits to Deepak Verma)
      • msm: vidc: set EOS on output buffer pending transaction (credits to Deepak Verma)
      • Clone ion.h to msm_ion.h (credits to Arco68)
      • input: Updates to Phantom Key Presses filter (credits to Christopher83)
      • SELinux: include definition of new capabilities (credits to Eric Paris)
      • msm: vidc: Check validity of userspace address (credits to Deepak Verma)
      • ALSA: pcm: check for integer overflow during multiplication (credits to Phani Kumar Uppalapati)
      • base: genlock: Zero a structure before sending it to user space (credits to Jordan Crouse)
      • qt602240_ts: updated touchscreen driver in according of Multi-touch protocol (credits to CastagnaIT)

Please verify the md5sum to be sure you got the right one.

Previous versions:

• 20131015 Alpha 3 (DL from Dev-Host)
      MD5SUM: 4acb7c5dd599b3405b8d74fa890c29fb

ROM:
      • Rom built with Google GCC 4.7 toolchain
      • Rom sources synched with CyanogenMod Team sources (CM10.2 JLS36I android-4.3.1_r1)
      • CyanogenMod Accounts available
      • Reduce max hidden apps (credits to Arco68)
      • power: Manage io_is_busy (credits to Arco68)
      • overlay: delete deprecated camera overlay (credits to krislibaeer)
      • recovery: fix shutdown issue on kernel 3.0 based recovery (credits to krislibaeer)
      • config: update media_codecs.xml credits to arco (credits to krislibaeer)
      • ariesve: update bootsplash to a bit more ADC Team (credits to krislibaeer)
      • include: update kernel header credits to arco (credits to krislibaeer)
      • BoardConfig: add media-legacy flag due to CM changes (credits to krislibaeer)
      • Added missing interactive files permissions for PowerHAL (credits to CastagnaIT)
      • Reworked opensource libsensors for sensors (credits to CastagnaIT)

20131026 KERNEL: (DL from Dev-Host)
      MD5SUM: dc66f89328ce208d56ba661ae9538d2a

ATTENTION: This kernel has fixed incoming call delay... this download is in case of custom kernel installed and want to come back to stock!

• [*] Kernel v3.4.67
        [*] gp2a_proximity: readded wakelock is necessary to avoid problems with answer calls (credits to CastagnaIT)
      • Sources synched with cm-10.1 repos of Arco68
      • Built with Google GCC 4.6 toolchain
      • Revert "block: Add URGENT request notification support to CFQ scheduler" (credits to Tatyana Brokhman)
      • mm: remove compressed copy from zram in-memory (credits to Minchan Kim)
      • lib/lzo: Rename lzo1x_decompress.c to lzo1x_decompress_safe.c (credits to Markus F.X.J. Oberhumer)
      • lib/lzo: Update LZO compression to current upstream version (credits to Markus F.X.J. Oberhumer)
      • lib/lzo: huge LZO decompression speedup on ARM by using unaligned access (credits to Markus F.X.J. Oberhumer)
      • ARM: 7668/1: fix memset-related crashes caused by recent GCC (4.7.2) optimizations (credits to Ivan Djelic)
      • ARM: 7670/1: fix the memset fix (credits to Nicolas Pitre)
      • msm: vidc: return error in case of init failure (credits to Pushkaraj Patil)
      • msm: display: plane alpha support (credits to Ken Zhang)
      • Add PR_{GET,SET}_NO_NEW_PRIVS to prevent execve from granting privs (credits to Andy Lutomirski)
      • Fix execve behavior apparmor for PR_{GET,SET}_NO_NEW_PRIVS (credits to John Johansen)
      • netfilter: xt_qtaguid: remove AID_* dependency for access control (credits to JP Abgrall)
      • netfilter: qtaguid: rate limit some of the printks (credits to JP Abgrall)
      • ancora: Update defconfig for selinux (credits to Arco68)
      • ariesve: Update defconfig for selinux (credits to Christopher83)
      • ARM: add SCHED_HRTICK config option (credits to Russell King)
      • HACK: ARM: disable sleeping while atomic warning in do_signal (credits to Colin Cross)
      • alarmtimer: Use hrtimer per-alarm instead of per-base (credits to John Stultz)
      • freezer: define try_to_freeze_nowarn if CONFIG_FREEZER=n (credits to Ben Jones)
      • lockdep: remove task argument from debug_check_no_locks_held (credits to Colin Cross)
      • freezer: shorten freezer sleep time using exponential backoff (credits to Arve Hjønnevåg)
      • freezer: skip waking up tasks with PF_FREEZER_SKIP set (credits to Colin Cross)
      • futex: use freezable blocking call (credits to Colin Cross)
      • nanosleep: use freezable blocking call (credits to Colin Cross)
      • sigtimedwait: use freezable blocking call (credits to Colin Cross)
      • freezer: add unsafe versions of freezable helpers for NFS (credits to Colin Cross)
      • freezer: add unsafe versions of freezable helpers for CIFS (credits to Colin Cross)
      • lockdep: check that no locks held at freeze time (credits to Mandeep Singh Baines)
      • freezer: convert freezable helpers to freezer_do_not_count() (credits to Colin Cross)
      • freezer: convert freezable helpers to static inline where possible (credits to Colin Cross)
      • freezer: add new freezable helpers using freezer_do_not_count() (credits to Colin Cross)
      • msm: display: Prevent fb suspend in charging mode for all (credits to Arco68)
      • msm: display: Prevent fb suspend in charging mode for ancora only (credits to Christopher83)
      • Resolved problems of magnetic, proximity and orientation sensor (credits to CastagnaIT) (PLEASE REFER TO POST #2 for CALIBRATION PROCEDURE)

• 20130917 Alpha 2 (DL from Dev-Host)
      MD5SUM: 14f5a16c4374a18986e48969c3d9bee5

ROM:
      • Rom sources synched with CyanogenMod Team sources (JLS36C android-4.3_r3)
      • AriesParts: Corrected Chinese translation (Thanks to zxc123coke)

KERNEL:
      • Kernel v3.4.62
      • msm_fb: Correct R and G offsets for correct mapping (credits to Jeevan Shriram, thanks to Arco68)
      • Fix disconnect not sent from host when pairing is cancelled (credits to Subramanian Srinivasan, thanks to Arco68)
      • USB: gadget: Cleanup boot-up message with default usb composition (credits to Mayank Rana, thanks to Arco68)
      • Bluetooth : hidp: Get the valid hci_conn while unlink (credits to Sumit Bajpai, thanks to Arco68)
      • Bluetooth: Disable Sniff on HID ACL(s) if SCO is active (credits to Hemant Gupta, thanks to Arco68)
      • msm: kgsl: Do not try to resume the device from INIT state (credits to Lucille Sylvester, thanks to Arco68)
      • cpufreq: interactive: fix show_target_loads and show_above_hispeed_delay (credits to Minsung Kim, thanks to Arco68)
      • Switch default scheduler to CFQ (thanks to Arco68), ROW actually also depends on changes to MMC drivers, which we miss

• 20130907 Initial release (Alpha 1) (DL from Dev-Host)
      MD5SUM: b5554df90641743f46ff851579ce82e3

Before you install CM10.2: Preparation (First three are optional. If you want to start fresh, these can be skipped)

1. Install AppBak from Market, run it and save a list of all your apps.
    2. Install SMS Backup and Restore from Market, run it and backup your SMS history.
    3. Install Call Logs Backup and Restore from Market, run it and backup your call log history.
    4. Boot into recovery. Make a full backup. You will need this backup later if you decide to go back to your previous ROM and data.

WARNING: Many apps will Force Close crash if you restore data from a previous ROM.

Install

1. Here you can find the CWM Recovery and TWRP built by our Team:

WARNING: TO FLASH YOU MUST USE ONE OF THE RECOVERY OF THE TEAM... IT'S NOT AN OPTIONAL CHOICE!!!

>>>> CWM & TWRP Thread

WARNING: We built and tested these recoveries, but always remember that we are not responsible for any damage by using these software!!
      They are based on safe kernel on emmc side!!

2. Wipe data and cache.
    3. Flash update*.zip.
    4. Flash gapps*.zip. You must flash gapps after every upgrade to CM10 since /system is formatted, wiping your previous add-ons.
    5. Reboot phone.
    6. After you setup your Google account, reinstall the three apps from Market in order to restore most of your apps, call log and SMS history.

WARNING: Do not restore backup data of system apps!

• If you restore a bad backup with cached settings in telephony.db in data/data/com.*.*.telephony it can break MMS.
    • It seems that restoring backups can also break Calendar sync.

Upgrades
    Upgrades from previous versions of CM10.2 are the same process as install, except you do not need to wipe anything. Contrary to popular belief, you do not need to even wipe cache and dalvik-cache when upgrading between CM10.2 versions. You only need to wipe if you are doing a major upgrade, switching to a different ROM entirely, or attempting to fix bugs caused by bad backups or corrupt app data.

Credits
    CyanogenMod Team
    Arco68 for his huge work for our device
    AriesVE Dev Connection Team
    Nello96 for Team logo's
    anakin174 for the team spare phone

Sources
    All our sources are on AriesVE-DevCon-TEAM GitHub

FAQ
    • For recovery bootloop problem you should at this post
    • BLNv9 feature recap:
      • It is activable/deactivable from BLN Control Application (Free or Pro version)
      • You can launch it from Settings->Device->Advanced
    • No System Sounds UI:
      • Download this app
      • Set the system volume to maximum (7). You should hear the sounds again.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [GT-I9001][JB 4.3.1] CyanogenMod 10.2 by ADC Team - Kernel 3.4.x, a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S I9000

Contributors
    DevConnection_Team, smeroni68, CastagnaIT, Christopher83, educk, ivendor, krislibaeer, ktulu84, XeLLaR*
    ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: Alpha 3
    Beta Release Date: 2013-10-15

Created 2013-09-14
    Last Updated 2013-12-21
    CM10.2 Alpha 2 is Online!!

Enjoy...

ROM:
    • Rom sources synched with CyanogenMod Team sources (JLS36C android-4.3_r3)
    • AriesParts: Corrected Chinese translation (Thanks to zxc123coke)

KERNEL:
    • Kernel v3.4.62
    • msm_fb: Correct R and G offsets for correct mapping (credits to Jeevan Shriram, thanks to Arco68)
    • Fix disconnect not sent from host when pairing is cancelled (credits to Subramanian Srinivasan, thanks to Arco68)
    • USB: gadget: Cleanup boot-up message with default usb composition (credits to Mayank Rana, thanks to Arco68)
    • Bluetooth : hidp: Get the valid hci_conn while unlink (credits to Sumit Bajpai, thanks to Arco68)
    • Bluetooth: Disable Sniff on HID ACL(s) if SCO is active (credits to Hemant Gupta, thanks to Arco68)
    • msm: kgsl: Do not try to resume the device from INIT state (credits to Lucille Sylvester, thanks to Arco68)
    • cpufreq: interactive: fix show_target_loads and show_above_hispeed_delay (credits to Minsung Kim, thanks to Arco68)
    • Switch default scheduler to CFQ (thanks to Arco68), ROW actually also depends on changes to MMC drivers, which we miss
    Alpha 3 is online... Read the post#2 for info on Calibration!!

Enjoy!!
    A big thanks to Krislibaeer, that is new in team, for his big contribution with this CM-10.2 project and to Educk for his support!
    Keep on this way! :good::highfive:
    MAGNETIC / ACCELERATION / ORIENTATION SENSORS CALIBRATION

Finally from CM10.2 Alpha 3 build all sensors are working, but the changes done on magnetic/acceleration/orientation require a new double calibration.

SensorTest.png

CALIBRATION PROCEDURE:

1) Standard horizontal calibration through the CM advanced menu, by placing the phone over a flat and horizontal surface and pressing Calibrate touch button

Horizontal_Calib.png

2) Magnetic field calibration by following an 8 shape to be done as shown in this video: HOW TO CALIBRATE ELECTRONIC COMPASS

The calibration movement is a combined one over all axes, and will result in a residual magnetism removal (reset).

This calibration seems like a stupid game, but really this is the right way to recalibrate with a slow movement following the video shape; it is not important the direction to be used, just do once or more times until you get the calibration.

To know if the calibration has been done, you must know where is approximately the North and look with an app if the needle is pointing there; if yes, try rotating the phone of 90, 180, 270 and finally back to 360 degrees and look if the needle is pointing everytime to North during the rotation... If this easy test give positive results, your phone is calibrated!

Orientation1.png
    Orientation2.png
    Orientation3.png
    Orientation4.png

Compass1.png
    Compass2.png
    Compass3.png
    Compass4.png

Note1: After this procedure, the orientation and magnetic field sensors will give the correct values with all apps.

Note2: Our phone is known to have a native shift of some degrees respect to the North, but this is a hardware limitation due probably to the orientation of the chip welded on the board...

Note3: This procedure can be used also after a new flash of a compatible custom kernel in case of orientation not correct...

Enjoy!!