[Photo] Note 3 N9005: Action isn't allowed with apps!

Search This thread
Jan 4, 2014
Hello Xda, I guess this is my introductory thread/help me thread. I'm new to XDA as in registering but not new with lurking in it's shadows!

My issue is, applications such as YouTube are getting an error, shown in the photo attached. Google Playstore was getting the same issue until I reset the application preferences. Now I can access facebook but haven't tried any other applications. The device is not rooted, keep that in mind! Any one have an idea what route to take?

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Clear the cache / data of the app and reboot. If that's no good, there's the old fashioned factory restore or re flash stock rom

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Jan 4, 2014
Clear the cache / data of the app and reboot. If that's no good, there's the old fashioned factory restore or re flash stock rom

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I'll give it a whirl Radicalisto!

Edited: Did not work and I have done a factory restore. Haven't tried reflashing. I'm connected to wifi, not a mobile network just yet. Why this is a little confusing.

Last edited:

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
I'll give it a whirl Radicalisto!

Edited: Did not work and I have don't a factory restore. Haven't tried reflashing. I'm connected to wifi, not a mobile network just yet. Why this is a little confusing.

Don't have a factory restore? - Settings > general > backup and reset > reset data..

OR

Go into recovery, Hold Volume up, Power button and Home button, boot into recovery and choose factory reset.

Jan 4, 2014
Don't have a factory restore? - Settings > general > backup and reset > reset data..

OR

Go into recovery, Hold Volume up, Power button and Home button, boot into recovery and choose factory reset.

That was a typo on my part. I've done a factory restore but still throwing the error. It'll pop up a little shield notification, like it's being blocked. Now I'm not in the countries origin this phone was bought in. I have yet to try the mobile data but it's suppose to be unlocked. Correct me if I'm wrong.. will a factory reset in recovery mode, screw up that option.

Man, sure do miss my sweet ole girl, S III! #headache!

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
That was a typo on my part. I've done a factory restore but still throwing the error. It'll pop up a little shield notification, like it's being blocked. Now I'm not in the countries origin this phone was bought in. I have yet to try the mobile data but it's suppose to be unlocked. Correct me if I'm wrong.. will a factory reset in recovery mode, screw up that option.

Man, sure do miss my sweet ole girl, S III! #headache!

Ok, so you'll need to flash your county stock rom via ODIN... Now since you have got the phone from another country, are you aware of region lock? and if so has it been deactivated? if not, then you may run into issues, Chainfire's region away tool here on xda *might* work but not a 100% guarantee.

But I'd say, a Stock flash will more than likely fix your error in all honesty -- As for the shield notification, that's KNOX being a pain in the... An update to the latest FW usually fixes that..

type *#1234# into your dialer, and post the results

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

Actually thinking about it, KNOX maybe blocking your apps, -- settings > general > security > untick verify apps, change security level to normal, and if you want, tick unknown sources

Jan 4, 2014
Ok, so you'll need to flash your county stock rom via ODIN... Now since you have got the phone from another country, are you aware of region lock? and if so has it been deactivated? if not, then you may run into issues, Chainfire's region away tool here on xda *might* work but not a 100% guarantee.

But I'd say, a Stock flash will more than likely fix your error in all honesty -- As for the shield notification, that's KNOX being a pain in the... An update to the latest FW usually fixes that..

type *#1234# into your dialer, and post the results

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

Actually thinking about it, KNOX maybe blocking your apps, -- settings > general > security > untick verify apps, change security level to normal, and if you want, tick unknown sources

AP: N9005XXUBMJ1
CP: N9005XXUBMJ1
CSC: N9005ETLBMJ2

As for region lock, yes I'm aware of it. I already have my mobile sim inserted in the phone, just not activated but the phone does register the carrier's name in the lock screen. From that acknlowledgement, it doesn't seem to be locked which is suppose to be unlocked. Confirmed from the retailer but anyone can tell you what you want to hear.

I'm thinking it's KNOX being a little prick. Have security on the normal level but I'll see what unticking verify apps will do.

Country origin: Evropsky model

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
AP: N9005XXUBMJ1
CP: N9005XXUBMJ1
CSC: N9005ETLBMJ2

As for region lock, yes I'm aware of it. I already have my mobile sim inserted in the phone, just not activated but the phone does register the carrier's name in the lock screen. From that acknlowledgement, it doesn't seem to be locked which is suppose to be unlocked. Confirmed from the retailer but anyone can tell you what you want to hear.

I'm thinking it's KNOX being a little prick. Have security on the normal level but I'll see what unticking verify apps will do.

Country origin: Evropsky model

OK so you have a Czech/Unbranded with Czech CSC International version correct?

This is the lastest update for your model/device
Model: SM-N9005
Version: Android 4.3
Changelist: 2019540
Build date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 07:58:12 +0000
Product Code: ETL
PDA: N9005XXUDMJ7
CSC: N9005ETLDML1
MODEM: N9005XXUDMJ7
DOWNLOAD: _---- You need to register @ sammobile.com to download this update :good:

Now, when you update, it will update your bootloader, so if you choose to root you will have to trip KNOX, now the firmware you are currently on you can use the URDLV method to root and keep KNOX preserved, but I don't know about that as I tripped my KNOX right away, you'd have to read the URDLV thread pal.

If you choose not to root or aren't fussed about root, then update away and it'll resolve any KNOX issues and *should* fix your app issue also :)

Jan 4, 2014
OK so you have a Czech/Unbranded with Czech CSC International version correct?

This is the lastest update for your model/device
Model: SM-N9005
Version: Android 4.3
Changelist: 2019540
Build date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 07:58:12 +0000
Product Code: ETL
PDA: N9005XXUDMJ7
CSC: N9005ETLDML1
MODEM: N9005XXUDMJ7
DOWNLOAD: _---- You need to register @ sammobile.com to download this update :good:

Now, when you update, it will update your bootloader, so if you choose to root you will have to trip KNOX, now the firmware you are currently on you can use the URDLV method to root and keep KNOX preserved, but I don't know about that as I tripped my KNOX right away, you'd have to read the URDLV thread pal.

If you choose not to root or aren't fussed about root, then update away and it'll resolve any KNOX issues and *should* fix your app issue also :)

That would be it! As for rooting, I'm not too sure. I had my previous phone rooted and didn't mind it one bit! I'll take a look into URDLV threads, but now do you suggest. I trip KNOX or try and preserve it. Seems it's just an anti-virus, overprotected! I'm too 100% sure if I'll keep the phone although because I'm having an issue with Straight talk and data not wanting to work. I'm not worried about the LTE fact I can't get with this model because of the baselines. Does that also include the 4G in the restriction or just strictly LTE?! :eek:

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
Now this is VERY important... Go to security and UNTICK reactivation Lock before flashing anything.... Especially if you decide to root...

Jan 4, 2014
Now this is VERY important... Go to security and UNTICK reactivation Lock before flashing anything.... Especially if you decide to root...

If I'm putting two and two together. That's for sure a vital tip! Thanks!

I know I asked the question above but anyone able to answer the possible issue. I know I can't get LTE because its N9005 doesn't have the base sets At&t accepts but does that include At&t 4G also?

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Is it because what's weird is. I've had straight talk since the S2 Skyrocket (LTE compatible) and it's never triggered. Only 4G, and as well for my S3, never triggered. Only 4G. Why I guess, I asked a stupid question. Therefore my N9005 is just a hulk of plastic, lol? >.< Shhitt!

hehe, well I think it's how different networks display it on the device, not got 4G here yet... Well I have a 4G sim card, just no network til this month sometime so can't comment 100% on it. - yeah you need the N900(A) for ATT I think.

Jan 4, 2014
hehe, well I think it's how different networks display it on the device, not got 4G here yet... Well I have a 4G sim card, just no network til this month sometime so can't comment 100% on it. - yeah you need the N900(A) for ATT I think.

Makes sense regarding how the providers display the LTE icon. Yep, I boo-boo'd getting the N9005!

angry-child-gif.gif

It's not like I'll be doing any crazy torrent downloading or nor anything needing speed. I usually don't see less than 4 bars anywhere I go.

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Makes sense regarding how the providers display the LTE icon. Yep, I boo-boo'd getting the N9005!

angry-child-gif.gif

It's not like I'll be doing any crazy torrent downloading or nor anything needing speed. I usually don't see less than 4 bars anywhere I go.

4G is just a data milker anyway, I think 3G is fine for most people, I average about 1.5GB per month use on my data I think... I dread to think what it'd be on 4G - You could always sell the N9005 and get an N900 lol

Jan 4, 2014
4G is just a data milker anyway, I think 3G is fine for most people, I average about 1.5GB per month use on my data I think... I dread to think what it'd be on 4G - You could always sell the N9005 and get an N900 lol

With having Straight talk. Data didn't seem to be an issue with me but when you get a second. Check out this thread, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2531390 From what I'm reading, it can work with 4G from At&t but not LTE or is that based specifically on the the PINK version of N9005! Or maybe it's just me reading it wrong and delusional in hoping I can find a way to flash At&t LTE modem since the N9005 had the hardware for it! Not too worried about the LTE but would feel better having the 4G for when I go into the cities. I could sell it but with being in the US and a lot of users are going to want the 4G/LTE feature. Probably be a pain as well rather not have to deal with shipping overseas because it'll take entirely way to long for that item to deliver. I guess I can poke around in several marketplaces and see what's the market for these versions over here.